Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Name theft?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    196

    Name theft?

    I'm starting to glean from the posts since my absence that someone's trying to hack into people's accounts. Someone tried to get mine. And then now there's the thing with bat. Anyone else attacked too?
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CALGARY
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    I'm starting to glean from the posts since my absence that someone's trying to hack into people's accounts. Someone tried to get mine. And then now there's the thing with bat. Anyone else attacked too?
    i really hope he doesn't hack into yours too soza, he hacked into wertys origionally, and when i tried to defend werty he threatened to hack mine and carlovers(who was also defending werty) anyway, werty is now ENZOMAN.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i really hope he doesn't hack into yours too soza, he hacked into wertys origionally, and when i tried to defend werty he threatened to hack mine and carlovers(who was also defending werty) anyway, werty is now ENZOMAN.
    Do you think asdfgh just guessed peoples passwords? Or do you think he had some special way of finding out?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Do you think asdfgh just guessed peoples passwords? Or do you think he had some special way of finding out?
    im sure he had a way to find out its would take alot of work to guess a password
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    you don't have any information about the HACKS?

    what is he trying to do? do you know anything?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    im sure he had a way to find out its would take alot of work to guess a password
    oh yeah ?
    I'm not going to state the obvious ones on public.

    But password 'guessing' is easy as so many people make obvious passwords.
    It's best to NOT use words, dates . . if you are going to use words, replace some of the I's with 1s ( eyes with ones ) or eclamation marks and o's with 0s ( oohs with zeros ). Not all, some and that makes it hard to manually attack and helps protect it from computerised hack.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueChaoZ
    you don't have any information about the HACKS?

    what is he trying to do? do you know anything?
    All of the hackers that we know of have been banned. A guy called asdfgh started posting rude and immature posts. Then he somehow found out another guy called werty's password. Me and Batmobile_Turbo were online at that moment and defended werty, who (after the attacks) changed his name to ENZOMAN. A super moderator cleared everything up but not before there had been a lot of renaming and new accounts including werty2, werty3, and asdfgh2. All the trouble makers were banned except for asdfgh2 who caused some more trouble. He is banned now and everything, I think, is back to normal. But now that I've heard that doza got attacked I'm not so sure it is... I don't know how asdfgh accsesed werty's account but I don't think he guessed the password...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    oh yeah ?
    I'm not going to state the obvious ones on public.

    But password 'guessing' is easy as so many people make obvious passwords.
    It's best to NOT use words, dates . . if you are going to use words, replace some of the I's with 1s ( eyes with ones ) or eclamation marks and o's with 0s ( oohs with zeros ). Not all, some and that makes it hard to manually attack and helps protect it from computerised hack.
    My password is probaly the least obvious on this site. No way anyone is hacking into this baby!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    I don't think that too.
    Maybe some one is going to be looking into the security of the forum.
    Who's gonna be the ONE?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CALGARY
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    My password is probaly the least obvious on this site. No way anyone is hacking into this baby!
    i will tell everyone my password: it is a series of these ****
    anyway, i think asdfgh is just trying to scare us because if he has a way to hack into accounts, i would be hacked by now, and he has only tried to, so i don't think he will. my advice to everyone with an obvious password is to change it immediantly.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    yep that's so true.
    obvious passwords are always dangerous
    and you have a point, IF he could break into the account easily he would break into many, then he already should have done that
    OR he is SO smart to not do that so that we think he cannot do that

    You better be watched!....uhmmmm

    You'd better watch out!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i will tell everyone my password: it is a series of these ****
    anyway, i think asdfgh is just trying to scare us because if he has a way to hack into accounts, i would be hacked by now, and he has only tried to, so i don't think he will. my advice to everyone with an obvious password is to change it immediantly.
    I was tracking him at the time - an early baptism of fire foryour latest SuperMod
    Anyway, he was NOT hacking anything.
    He was SAYING that he was, but he wasn't.
    Unfortunately, the threat of being hacked is enough to cause mistrust.
    Personally I'd force every hacker to drive a LADA for the rest of their life as punishment !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    134
    LOL

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CALGARY
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Doza
    I'm starting to glean from the posts since my absence that someone's trying to hack into people's accounts. Someone tried to get mine. And then now there's the thing with bat. Anyone else attacked too?
    how did you find out that someone has tried to get yours anyway??

    [TrueChaoZ] I am curious about that too... [/TrueChaoZ]
    Last edited by TrueChaoZ; 03-11-2004 at 05:25 PM.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    6,985
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueChaoZ
    I don't think that too.
    Maybe some one is going to be looking into the security of the forum.
    Who's gonna be the ONE?


    what do you mean that you want someone to look into forum security???
    and iv never seen you around and your admin?? how often do you come on
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •