Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Honda?

I like Honda for it's innovative VTEC technology which allows power along with fuel efficiency. Those two usually don't go together in cars, you either have one or the other. However, all of you guys are forgetting all the other products besides cars: Honda has its roots in motorcycles, you can't forget about that! They also make jet skis, generators, lawn mowers and maybe even private jets! Their cars I've always liked and my family does too. My father is a mechanic and he prefers fixing Hondas. He says that their products are very ergonomic and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox
    we had an '85 civic that we gave to my aunt who still drives it (its got over 250k miles and still goes like a champ)
    My father has an '83 Accord with 180,000 miles.

Guest Guest
    to anyone that says Hondas are boring:
    NSX - Yes that was boring
    New Civic - Because it is Bland (the other day i saw a new civicon optional wheels parked next to a CLS 55 AMG, and the Civic was getting more asttention!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    to anyone that says Hondas are boring:
    NSX - Yes that was boring
    New Civic - Because it is Bland (the other day i saw a new civicon optional wheels parked next to a CLS 55 AMG, and the Civic was getting more asttention!)
    Other than the NSX and S2000, Hondas are pretty lame.

I like them, they make great daily drivers with the Civic and Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    there not neccesarily a performance brand, the ridgeline is getting great acclaim, their cars are solid and have good handling plus they have some pretty good styling. hope the new NSX replacement will be good.

Same can be said about almost any other manufacturer IMO... Other than the Vette and the uhmmm, well, just the Vette, Chevys are pretty lame Other than EVOs & 3000GTs, Mitsus are pretty lame etc...

Why do you like Honda?
    Strong R & D. Excellent cars / engines, good reliability. They participate in highly ranked competitions such as Formula 1 and JGTC.

Honda keeps growing and winning market share worldwide thanks to its reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Same can be said about almost any other manufacturer IMO... Other than the Vette and the uhmmm, well, just the Vette, Chevys are pretty lame Other than EVOs & 3000GTs, Mitsus are pretty lame etc...
    True true.

Hmmm....well, I did own a pretty respectable one at 1 time.

They are pretty good cars considering the Civic Si has been raking in the good reviews and beat a John Cooper Works Cooper S in an all-around review.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Well my sister has a civic, don't expect to be testing your zero to a hundred times in it, but it isn't a bad car at all. Runs quite, it does have a very "homely" feel to the interior. The car isn't old enough to know about reliability but that's Honda's legacy. The car in my opinion has stronger engines then the corolla, it's main competitor and the suspension makes the ride comfortable. They're easy to drive, small and effortless. Go Honda!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    Easy enough. Go on, put some strong arguments to help me make up my mind.
    I didn't know I liked them for start... haha, pracitcal?
    All bowlers need a 'Hammond Step-up'

"Do you think we'll actually find a communist Car that we actually like?" - James May

Ignoring the low cost, honda still has some of the most advanced technology packed into its cars. VTEC, although worshiped by some ricers as an all powerfull turbo replacement, is a serious peice of technology that allows its small displacement four-bangers to fire out decent torque, stunning horsepower, and still have respectable gas milage. Im almost ashmamed to think that GM is still selling push-rod (or should i say "high value" or "cam-in-block" engines, w/e their calling it now) engines in its cars when honda has made DOHC VTEC engines not only reliable, but available for under $20k. I still can't understand how GM claims its push rods are more reliable and economics when honda continues to fire out suburb automobiles that do what GM never could... make money.

Quote Originally Posted by SLoppYJeeP
    Ignoring the low cost, honda still has some of the most advanced technology packed into its cars. VTEC, although worshiped by some ricers as an all powerfull turbo replacement, is a serious peice of technology that allows its small displacement four-bangers to fire out decent torque, stunning horsepower, and still have respectable gas milage. Im almost ashmamed to think that GM is still selling push-rod (or should i say "high value" or "cam-in-block" engines, w/e their calling it now) engines in its cars when honda has made DOHC VTEC engines not only reliable, but available for under $20k. I still can't understand how GM claims its push rods are more reliable and economics when honda continues to fire out suburb automobiles that do what GM never could... make money.
    Here comes another ohv vs ohc flame war...
    All of GMs inline engines are OHC. Most of GMs V6 are OHC.
    Their V8s are OHV for a good reason.
    For how many times this has been talked about I hope to god you know. The LSx engine are remarkable in themselves.
    Very simple, very reliable, and very cheap (a new 400hp LS2 can be bought for about $5,000).
    Weighing in at just 385lbs, DOHC V8s could only wish of being so light without using exotic and very expencive materials.
    And thanks to being OHV they are very small, comparable in size to V6s.
    Take a looks at this LS1 on the left, 1.6L I4 from the Miata on the right:

The LS1 is smaller than any DOHC V8 on the market to my knowledge (yes its smaller than the Lexus V8 too).
    And if they're so "low tech" why do so many people swap their engines for them? RX7s, Miatas, M3s, you name it.
    Personally I woudlnt be cought dead with a Honda engine, every driven one? The very definition of peaky, its turbo lag with no turbo power, to top things off all of their I4s sound like weedwakers on steroids.

Here comes another ohv vs ohc flame war.............
    The LS1 is smaller than any DOHC V8 on the market to my knowledge (yes its smaller than the Lexus V8 too).
    Only because your info is biased
    The RPA and Powertec engines are TINY compared to a monolith like the LS1
    195lbs 360hp for the Powertec ... sorry no "comparative" picutres of old tech V8 versus new tech V8.
    I agree that the LS1 is a small V8 and that makes it good for many things, but lets keep OBJECTIVE about it ( or do you claim that the LS1 won Le Mans ? )
    So NOT the smallest on the market !! Smallest, good for 100,000 miles, no technical knowledge needed to maintain, lots of tuners around, lots of bits avaialble and cheap -- yes
    And if they're so "low tech" why do so many people swap their engines for them? RX7s, Miatas, M3s, you name it.
    erm, you said it .... CHEAP !!!
    Hard to get that much power with no hassle for an installation.
    It doesn't make it the "best" all round and why so many fanboys end up in "flame wars" abotu it.
    Personally I woudlnt be cought dead with a Honda engine, every driven one? The very definition of peaky, its turbo lag with no turbo power, to top things off all of their I4s sound like weedwakers on steroids.
    and thank you for providing another wquote that can be cited as typical fanboy comments.
    You KNOW by now that LOTS of folks on UCP have driven the range of vehicle and cars that encompass many engine types and knwo the benefits ( and drawbacks ). Shame that to date you STILL dont' understand that it's your upbringing that makes you so "enginist" -- we shoudl get some KKK hoods for the anti-rev brigade
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i like my honda because it gets me there.
    and it does have torque...may be because mine doesn't come with V-tec
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information