Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The LS7 is amazing - LG Motorsports' latest results

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Sometimes you don't want to, when cruising, for example. You need to get past the shitty Datsun in front of you, and don't really need to change down when you have so much torque and accessible power at your disposal.

See the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro for a great example of that.
    The early monaros with the ls1 and 6 speed manual where critisized for that very reason, when cruising at 100km/h to overtake quickly on a 2 lane highway 1 or 2 down changes where needed for safe and quick overtaking. So that argument doesnt hold water. Or get an auto. I must admit not being overly impressed by the ls1, the ls2 on the otherhand is so much better down low its like chalk and cheese
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    The early monaros with the ls1 and 6 speed manual where critisized for that very reason, when cruising at 100km/h to overtake quickly on a 2 lane highway 1 or 2 down changes where needed for safe and quick overtaking. So that argument doesnt hold water. Or get an auto. I must admit not being overly impressed by the ls1, the ls2 on the otherhand is so much better down low its like chalk and cheese
    I was talking about the VXR 6.0. I don't know what they call that in Oz, but it sure as hell has one fat mother****er of an LS2 in it. Steaming.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I was talking about the VXR 6.0. I don't know what they call that in Oz, but it sure as hell has one fat mother****er of an LS2 in it. Steaming.
    Thats the ls2 the ls1 was a 5.7litre, the ls2 certainly have plenty down low

Thats the ls2 the ls1 was a 5.7litre, the ls2 certainly have plenty down low
    Well, at least we cleared that up...

Juggs,we race in a class called ipra the turbo motors are a lot more reliable than highly tuned V8's. The Torana V8 (green car) was rebuilt twice last year at great expense and isn't near the front of the pack. The yellow car (lap record holder & national champ) runs a sr20 det makes over 370hp witha 36mill restrictor on the turbo hasnt had its head of in 4 years of racing and testing, go figure Juggs. The ricer fanboys dont hold a candle to you V8 fanboys . The blue car in the picture was built by Allan engineering makes between 400-650 hp depending on tune and is a DAILY DRIVER

The engine in the blue stanza has been in the car 3 years, who gives a toss about fuel economy when you have over 600 hp

wow theres really something wrong with your brain huh. you consider a motor thats been rebuilt 2 times in one year reliable!? are you an idiot? the vette motor likely will last well over 100,000 miles and never have a problem!

oh wow a 400hp-650 hp daily driver...wait a second i see those every day. and once again reliability and fuel economy are a factor. i will bet money on anything too that the vette makes a much better daily driver. that car you speak of probably has a very sparce interior with very few ammenitys, noisey cabin ect. its a daily driver only for the hardcore. dumb in my opionion. plus i gaurentee the vette has a much nicer smoother power band, great for driving around anywhere anytime where as that motor is a lot more finicky.

and who gives a toss about fuel economy when you have over 600hp, well if i had to choose a car with 600hp i'd prob take the one that gets over 20 mpg over the one that gets 8 or less any day. specially if im going to be driving it all the time.

why dont you give it up? your wrong.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Im talking about the v8 being rebuilt 2 times in a year you idiot, the turbo 2litre has been running 4 years on the race circuit without the head coming off, can you read Juggs?. You V8 fanboys associate turbos with unreliability, its not always the case. What ever car you drive if you drive at wot all day it will get crappy economy , if you drive it easy you get good economy.Its that simple Juggs or cant you comprehend that logic
    Last edited by charged; 04-08-2006 at 05:39 PM.

You can get a 600hp turbo to be reliable and easily streetable, keep it off the boost. The restrictor means it'll have plenty down low, so overtaking isn't a worry. What's with all you people who have this impression shifting down a gear is such hard work? I drove my sister's Mirage full of luggage aloong the F1 coming into Sydney and i was downshifting all the time, it takes no effort! Are you guys such gumby's that you can't drive a manual?!

Oh, and V8 power means you don't have to downshift? Bollocks. My dad's LS1 4L60E (IIRC) Calais will 8/10 times drop back a gear to overtake
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    You can get a 600hp turbo to be reliable and easily streetable, keep it off the boost. The restrictor means it'll have plenty down low, so overtaking isn't a worry. What's with all you people who have this impression shifting down a gear is such hard work? I drove my sister's Mirage full of luggage aloong the F1 coming into Sydney and i was downshifting all the time, it takes no effort! Are you guys such gumby's that you can't drive a manual?!

Oh, and V8 power means you don't have to downshift? Bollocks. My dad's LS1 4L60E (IIRC) Calais will 8/10 times drop back a gear to overtake
    The AUTOMATIC transmission is made to do that...
    Take it from someone who daily drives a 6 speed LS1, downshifts are unnecessary. Hell, sometimes I start in 2nd(and am capable of starting in 4th, although it doesnt like to). Sometimes I skip shift from 1st to 4th to 6th like its normal.
    Keep in mind that 4th gear on your 4L60E is geared to reach 160+mph.

Im talking about the v8 being rebuilt 2 times in a year you idiot, the turbo 2litre has been running 4 years on the race circuit without the head coming off, can you read Juggs?. You V8 fanboys associate turbos with unreliability, its not always the case. What ever car you drive if you drive at wot all day it will get crappy economy , if you drive it easy you get good economy.Its that simple Juggs or cant you comprehend that logic
    Because one racing V8 is rebuilt 2 times in a year all V8s are unreliable.
    Your logic is great.

Wow,that's impressive!

You could very well get over 700hp from 2.0turbo but did you think about emmisions? or mpg? In this sense a LS1 is much better.
    Maybe those guys in that Honda/v-tech thread can get this.
    Last edited by sunk; 04-09-2006 at 01:11 AM.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Because one racing V8 is rebuilt 2 times in a year all V8s are unreliable.
    Your logic is great.
    Slicks and Juggs I'm using your logic or generalisations. You guys think if its got a turbo on it its in the shop getting fixed all time. Its annoying isnt it .Know you know how people feel after reading 95% of your posts. You guys cant be told anything. Matra is right slicks you cant be told because your totally biased towards V8's . I personally like all engines for either their benefits or drawbacks. Slicks Ive even got a SBC in my skiboat and its a great motor. My mate has a 13b rotor turbo in his ski boat does the same job just in a different way, doesnt nessescary mean one is better than the other. Slicks and Juggs you guys would say what a wanker putting a rotor in the boat, I say good on him trying something different. If only I could be like you where your opinions are always correct and everybody else are always wrong. Time to open up your eyes a bit and live and let live
    Last edited by charged; 04-09-2006 at 01:12 AM.

first of all your putting words in my mouth. i never said turbo motors are unreliable. what i was saying was that a 4 cylinder pushing that much boost isnt going to be as reliable as most naturally aspirtated engines no matter what the number of cylinders is. your comparing a turbo 4 cylinders horsepower/liter to a naturally aspirated v8 had nothing to do with the topic anyways! you could turbo any motor and make it have more horsepower/liter than any naturally aspirtated motor. the whole argument here is your trying to say a RACE CAR is every bit as functional, drivable, and efficiant as this ls7 motor. and that its no big deal because some race car has this much horsepower/liter. who cares? put that much boost into this motor and see how much power your pushing. your agument is totally moot. i dont even know why your still going on about this.

and please stop putting words into my mouth. i never said i didnt like 4 cyl motors, v6, or anything besides a v8 because thats totally false. im not biased for v8's at all. i love all engines. all i am saying is this ls7 is a lot more impressive than your turbo 4 banger race cars that your talking about.

your really showing your intelligence by trying to act like a smart ass btw. keep it up.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    all i am saying is this ls7 is a lot more impressive than your turbo 4 banger race cars that your talking about.
    i dunno, its not bad but i would be more impressed with the same power from a turbo four banger rather than using 7 litres to do the same (not saying i would prefer it, i'd take either). Even though the LS7 is less stressed and probably cheaper in the end there are times when you really can't fit one in
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

a real four banger turbo, with 1.5 litres only
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information