Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It must be annoying for Bugatti though, and it's funny to me, that after all those millions and years spent, there comes a man in a shed with some spanners and beats them at the sole purpose of their car.
    The first and main purpose was Piech's pride.
    Target achieved.

Forget about the millions lost in the process.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The first and main purpose was Piech's pride.
    Target achieved.

Forget about the millions lost in the process.
    And the 400km/h.

Piech pride was also represented by the rather more interesting Phaeton.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

And the 400km/h.

Piech pride was also represented by the rather more interesting Phaeton.
    Interesting? from which point of view?
    I kinda like its understatement, but I'd never buy one period, it just doesn't make sense.

Interesting? from which point of view?
    I kinda like its understatement, but I'd never buy one period, it just doesn't make sense.
    Forget the badge, I personally think the Phaeton is one of the most underrated cars currently on sale. Apparently Piech wanted to retire on a bang and set 10 different parameters for the Phaeton. They were so hard the some of the engineers said they'd be impossible to achieve and retired from the project.

One of them was that at 300km/h the bonnet or the wipers, can't remember exactly, had to have no vibrations at all.
    Visca Catalunya!

Forget the badge, I personally think the Phaeton is one of the most underrated cars currently on sale. Apparently Piech wanted to retire on a bang and set 10 different parameters for the Phaeton. They were so hard the some of the engineers said they'd be impossible to achieve and retired from the project.

One of them was that at 300km/h the bonnet or the wipers, can't remember exactly, had to have no vibrations at all.
    i remember that. it was the bonnet iirc, and the engineers protested because the car was limited to 155mph anyway.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Weren't those things referred to the Veyron's project though? I think I read them related to the Bug.

Anyway, the Phaeton is indeed an excellent car, no doubts on that, but right because it's a +60.000 € VW (is it still on sale though?), I'd never consider it.
    As an A8 I could have agree, but from a marketing point of view it's a nonsense.
    It was an even worst choice than the Touareg s a VW rather than as an Audi (not only VW are supposed to be cheaper, but it would have also spared us the Q7).

It's probably an awesome second hand car, like the Thesis.

Regardless, too much sense in this thread now for Go America...

Stop making assumptions because your always wrong about them... because they sold 5 of the 2007 SSC, and 8 people have put down $600,000 on the 2009 SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    shush now. adults are talking. but to answer your question, i guess all the people who bought one, as opposed to all the people who didn't buy an SSC (hint: they haven't sold any)

Weren't those things referred to the Veyron's project though? I think I read them related to the Bug.

Anyway, the Phaeton is indeed an excellent car, no doubts on that, but right because it's a +60.000 € VW (is it still on sale though?), I'd never consider it.
    As an A8 I could have agree, but from a marketing point of view it's a nonsense.
    It was an even worst choice than the Touareg s a VW rather than as an Audi (not only VW are supposed to be cheaper, but it would have also spared us the Q7).

It's probably an awesome second hand car, like the Thesis.
    Precisely being a Volkswagen is part of its appeal. It's not obvious, it's not a marketing gimmick, it's not a resurrected legend from the past which wasn't needed.

It's just a superbly engineered luxury cruiser. And if I was buying with the head that's what I'd have.

And by the way, I doubt the briefing about the Veyron contained anything more than "1000bhp, 400km/h". Those parameters were refered to the Phaeton, and I think it'd be very interesting to know them.

(And yes, the Phaeton is still on sale)
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by GO AMERICA!!! View Post
    Stop making assumptions because your always wrong about them... because they sold 5 of the 2007 SSC, and 8 people have put down $600,000 on the 2009 SSC.
    wow i'm impressed!

no not really. 5 cars, what a success story haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Are you really that stupid they have never driven the SSC, so how would they give it a driver rating?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    There's a difference between respect and like. For example, I respect George W. Bush because he was our president. But that didn't mean I liked him or his policies. If evo liked this car so much, why is there a 5-star road test of the Bugatti and not this car?

As Autocar said, the fit and finish on the SSC is lacking, to say the least.

You obviously cant count very high and you really dont read very good because im pretty sure i said they SOLD 5 and 8 people have put down $600,000... Wierd how in my math 5+8 magically equals 13... Would you like to fail again?

wow i'm impressed!

no not really. 5 cars, what a success story haha.
    Last edited by GO AMERICA!!!; 11-08-2009 at 04:40 PM.

have they actually sold those 8 cars? nope. so they have 5 out there, all in America i presume.
    hell, there are photo's of more privately owned veyrons gathered together than the total sales of SSC's

F*** 600.000 $ for an Aero?!

Let me say it again ****!!!
    I thought it was one third of that!!!

dude, go hide yourself somewhere.

5 cars (and 8 orders, if that's true) in 6 years is embarrassing, there are much more than 220 Veyrons around the world after 4 years (not even considering the silly Gran Sport variant), about 80 Koenigeggs since 2000 and 110 or so Paganis since 1999, 160 Spykers in about 8 years and I guess that's it with rare exotics.

have they actually sold those 8 cars? nope. so they have 5 out there, all in America i presume.
    hell, there are photo's of more privately owned veyrons gathered together than the total sales of SSC's
    One should be in Dubai, not sure if it was actually sold, or just pictured with a plate.

F*** 600.000 $ for an Aero?!

Let me say it again ****!!!
    I thought it was one third of that!!!

dude, go hide yourself somewhere.

5 cars (and 8 orders, if that's true) in 6 years is embarrassing, there are much more than 220 Veyrons around the world after 4 years (not even considering the silly Gran Sport variant), about 80 Koenigeggs since 2000 and 110 or so Paganis since 1999, 160 Spykers in about 8 years and I guess that's it with rare exotics.
    it is a ludicrous price for a plastic car, when there is the perfectly good corvette.
    hell even the saleen S7 sold in higher numbers.
    One should be in Dubai, not sure if it was actually sold, or just pictured with a plate.
    that is true, i forgot about that. not suprising! probably to match the owners veyron, lol.

Thread Information