Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Leaving aside the whol faster around bends (never saw a test that didn't remark on how quick the SSC was in corners, but never saw it tested "around bends" at 200+, though the same goes for the Veyron). Luxury in spades? From hard seats with a rough ride and deafening engine? It has a sat nav but everything does these days unless you pay extra to delete it. Real world driving conditions? So you're planning on driving a Veyron in traffic? In bad weather? As far as sales figures go the Veyron, from a much larger company, has been struggling to meet it's targets, thus all the special editions. That the SSC sold at all in this economy is impressive.
    well its considerably more luxurios than the ssc, its fit and finish would have to be better but i can really justify it based on the simply fact i'll never see a ssc. Real world driving conditions...it would be an educated assumption the veyron would be much better and why wouldnt i drive my veyron in the wet. surely there would be people out there using it more often that just on nice weekends. Well, if i owned one i wouldnt care if it was wet or not.
    And sales i would not have a clue how many bugs are out there...im sure there's quite alot. What was their target number of sales? I thought they were building these cars on a loss?
    Also, what other super cars are priced around the ssc?
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Official Production run for the Veyron is 300 units, and with the SS out, it may be pushed to as much as 320-330.

Compared to 24 SSC UAs.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

I couldn't help but LOL when reading "banned" underneath Gteki's username. I always wondered what happened to that kid.

As far as these cars go, I'd have neither. I don't want them each the exact same, and if I had to be force fed a choice I'd take it and sell it. Probably end up buying an old'ish (90's) Ferrari and invest the other few $100K. Settled.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Apparently demand for the new SSC is (relatively) huge in Dubai and the like.
    I found only one car from the Middle East when I tried to figure how many SSC were built.... (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    Official Production run for the Veyron is 300 units, and with the SS out, it may be pushed to as much as 320-330.

Compared to 24 SSC UAs.
    ... and I found evidences of only 7 SSC cars iirc.

possibly the interest with the new Castriota designed car will be higher, mainly because it's like getting a P4/5 for a fifth of the actual price.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

i would tack the Bugatti the ssc has nothing going for it only the speed

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I found only one car from the Middle East when I tried to figure how many SSC were built.... (see below)

possibly the interest with the new Castriota designed car will be higher, mainly because it's like getting a P4/5 for a fifth of the actual price.
    I was talking about the new Castriota one.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I was talking about the new Castriota one.
    Missed the "new", my bad

Bugatti Veyron

i would have the Bugatti Veyron looks beter than the ssc and Probably more reliable
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    i would have the Bugatti Veyron looks beter than the ssc and Probably more reliable
    Or possibly many more things which can possibly go wrong in the Bugatti, starting with its own delicate design.
    There is a reason why the Veyron is the only car with a limited warranty of only 50.000 km and the stupidest maintenance bills in the automotive scenario.

I wonder what it would cost just to do the brakes on a Veyron. I'm willing to bet you could buy a brand new M5 and mod it with the same money.

edit: *light goes on*
    It'd be great to have a "Cost of Ownership" thread where people can gather and arrange as much information as possible on annual expenses with any vehicle from A - Z. It would take an eternity to establish a decent foundation, but boy what an incredible archive of knowledge that would be.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 10-27-2010 at 12:12 PM.

I think I've read somewhere just a Sang Noir's wheel will cost you about 25k €.
    It may have possibly be the whole set of wheels, still insane.

I think a set of tyres for a Veyron is tens of thousands of quid as well.

Plus you have to ship the car (or maybe just the wheels if you want to bet there is no need for balancing them) to the factory to have the new set installed properly.

I think there's a place in the US that'll do it too, but yea. Two places in the world you can go for a set of tyres... don't wear em out too soon!

That's just the Ultimate Aero though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    i would tack the Bugatti the ssc has nothing going for it only the speed
    Well for one it's not just a fugly, over powered, overly complicated, poorly designed VW.

For another it also has great braking, set some crazy slolom speeds and closely matches the performance of the Veyron for a fraction of the price to buy and maintain it. Most of the people who assume it has nothing else going for it have never actually payed attention, they just assume. Not saying it's the greatest car in the world (nor do I want it,) but still.

Or possibly many more things which can possibly go wrong in the Bugatti, starting with its own delicate design.
    There is a reason why the Veyron is the only car with a limited warranty of only 50.000 km and the stupidest maintenance bills in the automotive scenario.
    This. And lol. Though I think some of the price may come from the fact that they insist everything be done by them in france. For that much you'd think they'd do house calls.

I think a set of tyres for a Veyron is tens of thousands of quid as well.
    US $25,000 was what I heard and they said you had to ship it to france. Though it was just the news and they tend to get details about cars like that wrong so if there is a place this side of the atlantic, that would be nice.

Edit: I had thought the production run of the Veyron was supposed to be 400+, and this: Bugatti Veyron production run nearly sold out? Autoblog from almost 2 years ago says 450.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 10-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information