Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lexus LF-H, production version of the LF-A

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    It still goes well though, so I'm fine. It was probably a way to keep the price down. I don't think buyers avoid it because of that, but the fact is I only seen 1 (silver) car, and much more units from the prev gen.
    And it's really ugly. Maybe in black or white I'd reconsider it.
    In a period when everyone is adding more bhp and turbos, keeping the engine stock from the prev gen, even if perhaps a sensible choice, has been a complete marketing mistake, especially when the car weights 60 kg more than the old one.
    So basically, it's a slow, bad handling and ugly hot hatchback.

Well done Honda!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It doesn't handle too bad. And I love the interior.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

heres the a production preview 2012 Lexus LFA - First Drive Review - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

I'm not sure if i see the point of buying this car when you can get a GTR for much less. and i never thought i would say this...but the GTR is much less ugly than this car.

Also, how much is the new ferrari 458 Italia going to cost?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    heres the a production preview 2012 Lexus LFA - First Drive Review - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

I'm not sure if i see the point of buying this car when you can get a GTR for much less. and i never thought i would say this...but the GTR is much less ugly than this car.

Also, how much is the new ferrari 458 Italia going to cost?
    Slightly less than this, I believe.

It's not catering to people who want the Ferrari. It's catering to a different crowd, and since there's only 500 of them, I doubt they're going to sell slow.

The 458 Italia should cost around 206.000 € in Italy, but it doesn't have a carbon fiber chassis. The McLaren MP4-12C, which has the CF chassis, will cost around 270.000 € iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The 458 Italia should cost around 206.000 € in Italy, but it doesn't have a carbon fiber chassis. The McLaren MP4-12C, which has the CF chassis, will cost around 270.000 € iirc.
    yeah that thing is sweet. so both are cheaper, faster, and better looking than this lexus.

i think this lexus would be a sweet car back when the Ford gt, the older viper, and the c5 z06 were going at it. right now its too little, too late (too expensive)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    yeah that thing is sweet. so both are cheaper, faster, and better looking than this lexus.

i think this lexus would be a sweet car back when the Ford gt, the older viper, and the c5 z06 were going at it. right now its too little, too late (too expensive)
    The problem is that is priced like that Civic with the big wing and fart cannons on the other thread. As such it will only cater to the dedicated audience or someone who wants exclusivity.

What's up with insanely priced japanese performance cars lately?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem is that is priced like that Civic with the big wing and fart cannons on the other thread. As such it will only cater to the dedicated audience or someone who wants exclusivity.

What's up with insanely priced japanese performance cars lately?
    Price can sometimes accord exclusivity to a product, especially if the business strategy is one of focus and/or price strategy. The other strategy is one of market strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Price can sometimes accord exclusivity to a product, especially if the business strategy is one of focus and/or price strategy. The other strategy is one of market strategy.

Of course, it's all a matter of demand and supply what they think they can get away with.

But when this car costs a sublime sports saloon over, say, a Murcielago LP640 it's hard to justify the purchase. And it doesn't strike me as one of those cars you buy with your heart.
    Visca Catalunya!

Of course, it's all a matter of demand and supply what they think they can get away with.

But when this car costs a sublime sports saloon over, say, a Murcielago LP640 it's hard to justify the purchase. And it doesn't strike me as one of those cars you buy with your heart.
    I really really like this car.

Now, only a moron would compare it to the 2000GT, but I think I will:

It represents a cohesive design, much much more so than most other Japanese cars on the road today or even for the past decade, while still remaining quintessentially Japanese, again while not being hideous or bland in the process.

The engine and drivetrain also represent the spirit of doing the European thing, but doing it the Japanese way. They could have used the same carbon-fiber producers as the Euro supercar makers, but instead did it on their own.

They also managed to make a V10, which sounds shitty in most every application sound like the shrieking Hakosuka racers of yore.

Also if I had enough dough to buy a Murcielago, with its meh looks and oh-so-inferior 4WD system, I would just wait a few paychecks and pick up one of these instead.

The rarity of this thing surely will make it a good investment financially but I view it more as a historical investment. Like the 2000GT, it may not be head and shoulders above the Europeans in any segment except price, but it is special because its Japan's very well-researched and unique first foray into this market.

No, I do not work for Toyota.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I really really like this car.

Now, only a moron would compare it to the 2000GT, but I think I will:

It represents a cohesive design, much much more so than most other Japanese cars on the road today or even for the past decade, while still remaining quintessentially Japanese, again while not being hideous or bland in the process.

The engine and drivetrain also represent the spirit of doing the European thing, but doing it the Japanese way. They could have used the same carbon-fiber producers as the Euro supercar makers, but instead did it on their own.

They also managed to make a V10, which sounds shitty in most every application sound like the shrieking Hakosuka racers of yore.

Also if I had enough dough to buy a Murcielago, with its meh looks and oh-so-inferior 4WD system, I would just wait a few paychecks and pick up one of these instead.

The rarity of this thing surely will make it a good investment financially but I view it more as a historical investment. Like the 2000GT, it may not be head and shoulders above the Europeans in any segment except price, but it is special because its Japan's very well-researched and unique first foray into this market.

No, I do not work for Toyota.
    So, it's like an 8C that works.

The problem for me is that at that level working properly isn't enough. I'm not denying the (potential) strenghts of this car, but I'm not a japanese car sort of chap and I think that this, like the GT-R, is a masterpiece but far too clinical and efficient to excite me, in the same way the rubbish 8C does.

There's a crucial difference with the 2000GT though in my view. The 2000GT was beautiful and beautifully engineered. This seems to be just beautifully engineered.
    Visca Catalunya!

So, it's like an 8C that works.

The problem for me is that at that level working properly isn't enough. I'm not denying the (potential) strenghts of this car, but I'm not a japanese car sort of chap and I think that this, like the GT-R, is a masterpiece but far too clinical and efficient to excite me, in the same way the rubbish 8C does.

There's a crucial difference with the 2000GT though in my view. The 2000GT was beautiful and beautifully engineered. This seems to be just beautifully engineered.
    At least give it the time to demonstrate something .
    Personally, the 8C started ot make little sense to me after its release. Yes, good looking (but also 5 years old style), yes exclusive...but...not saying I'd rather take a GranTurismo S, but it is a love that didn't last much.
    Not saying this is going to be my favorite car for a longer while though.
    I like i right now, I hope it will be more exciting than a Scuderia and faster than a 599, while carrying on its on personality. Tough job.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    "Meh" looks? You are a fool or potentially blind.

Thread Information