Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W.I.P. Isuzu Bellett GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Wow, looks stunning! I see you're in the UK... where did you get that kit from?
    I ordered it from HobbyLink Japan. They're pretty quick, took about 6 days by EMS post to get here!
    SATANOSCILLATEMYMETALLICSONATAS

Quote Originally Posted by paulyrichard
    I ordered it from HobbyLink Japan. They're pretty quick, took about 6 days by EMS post to get here!
    How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

It cost me 2,500 yen for the kit, and 1,500 yen for the EMS shipping charge, totalling 4000 yen. Now get this overall cost in £'s is £19. Now that is cheap! I'm always orderin' from 'em, jus' don't order in large quantities, otherwise customs will charge ya'!

Quote Originally Posted by paulyrichard
    Thanks, Exoto's looks like it's done by a machine, because if you look carefully at their old Porsche 935's, the pattern of weatherin' is exactly the same! W-work I-in P-progress.
    although they say it's done by hand. do you have reference photos for the weathering? you should make a tutorial and teach us how to do it
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Here is my oldschool dash! Jus' wish I had some flock, but, i've now put in an order for it with Hobbylinc, they have a lot of colours on offer, so I ordered a *hitload!

Looking good!

I've hand-painted the front and rear window trim, jus' leavin' the rubber seal showin'! I didn't use an airbrush 'cos I feared the maskin' tape would tear away at the black trim! All the images i've seen of this car, have this! I guess usin' BMF would be a nightmare, and may have looked a little untidy in the process! I'm still awaitin' the rims from HLJ, anytime now I guess!

that front window trim is amazing, in terms of the outer black ("rubber") rims which tend to "disappear" when applying BMF. However, the next headache is the inner rubber rim ,which you may try to emulate by just painting the inner silver parts of the frame...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thanks Henk4, but I may suffer a mental breakdown in tryin' to do it! Can you imagine, tryin to keep the chrome trim the same width all the way around, with the black paint ! After I read your post, I took a look at my model, and considered it, and then thought better of it! The photos are close-up, but lookin' at the trim on the model, obviously it is thinner. I think i'll let the eye be deceived by the darkened interior, in thinkin' there is a slight black edge, after i've fitted the windshield! If you know what I mean!

Thread Information