Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W.I.P. Isuzu Bellett GT-R

W.I.P. Isuzu Bellett GT-R

I've started this one! It's a nice crisp mould, and very good tooling by Fujimi! I've laid down some paint, TS-12, and then polished it out. The kit came with decals for the hood, but I chose to give it a coat of X-18 through an airbrush.

SATANOSCILLATEMYMETALLICSONATAS

Cool car!

Look's great so far!

The window trim has been painted in! I masked it and hand-painted the trim, for the sides I used Chrome and Semi-Gloss Black, and for the front and back I used Flat Black.

thought of using bare metal foil for the chrome trim?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

hoy do you start and finish these models so quickly? i can't even finish the simplest models as fast as you do working around the clock
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    thought of using bare metal foil for the chrome trim?
    Yeah, I've used the stuff! I found it awkward and incredibly fiddly! You always get the inevitable crease. I prefer a uniform finish with paint, than have a crease in my chrome!

The decals that come with this kit are superfine and are really nice to work with! They really start to make this body come alive!

I've started the chassis, pretty simple, nothin' much to speak of, apart from the fact that the detail is moulded in! I've weathered it as usual, but this time I've used a very soft 9B pencil. I used the pencil by scribblin' onto my worksurface, and then smudged my finger into the filings, and rubbed them onto the chassis. I've weathered the wheel arches this time, by usin' some thinned down Tamiya paint and talcum powder mixed together to create a claggy, muddy finish to the insides of the wheel arches. As you all know, these become thick with hardened, caked on grime! Instant MIG pigments, anyone?

Last edited by paulyrichard; 04-13-2006 at 02:10 AM.

just wondering what the point is to combine a slick body with a weathered chassis
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The exhaust has been fitted! I've tried to simulate a bit of corroding and general degradation on it, but i'm not sure it looks the part though!

nice work with the weathering once again. you're weathering is almost as good as exoto's. but whats with the W.I.P.?
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    nice work with the weathering once again. you're weathering is almost as good as exoto's. but whats with the W.I.P.?
    Thanks, Exoto's looks like it's done by a machine, because if you look carefully at their old Porsche 935's, the pattern of weatherin' is exactly the same! W-work I-in P-progress.

Well, basically this is the chassis finished, except for the rims, which i've ordered from HLJ and are currently bein' shipped! Fujimi's chassis is beautiful in it's simplicity! I've jus' added some more weatherin, basically followin' the track of the wheels! I thought about addin' rust to the exhaust unit, but in the end, I don't want it lookin' too derelict!

Wow, looks stunning! I see you're in the UK... where did you get that kit from?

Thread Information