Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E55 AMG vs CLS55 AMG

are we now encroaching on E55 estate vs RS6 avant!!

I totally agree, although havent been lucky enough to sit in a CLS, the look is quite special, when you see it on the roads is a real attention grabber.
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    are we now encroaching on E55 estate vs RS6 avant!!

I totally agree, although havent been lucky enough to sit in a CLS, the look is quite special, when you see it on the roads is a real attention grabber.
    Don't go there RS6 Plus Avant > E55 AMG estate

And I suggest you take a trip along to the nearest Benz dealership. You're missing out, it's... like a woodman's cottage. Cosy, comfy, and you can just imagine lighting a fire in there

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Don't go there RS6 Plus Avant > E55 AMG estate
    Oh no doubt dude!!

Once I get my exams done, I think the first stop is gonna be the Porsche showroom....
    Porsche!

Oh no doubt dude!!

Once I get my exams done, I think the first stop is gonna be the Porsche showroom....
    If you want to blag a test drive out of them, rent a BMW X5 and pop along there unless you already have some large piece of exotica/fatcatmobile on your drive...

Urm, im 19, and am looking forward to inheriting my mums Micra soon... so not quite in the league just yet!!!!

Incidentally, I am signed up to the Porsche newsletter and that, which is nothing major. But when the new Carrera came out, I got a letter through the post saying if I want a test drive, feel free to pop down. Whether they forgot I was 18/19 at the time, or simply was a standard letter they sent, it still got my heart-rate going a bit!

But my friend told me a funny story once along those lines. His friend had just got into uni, for a bit of fun, him and his mates donned their best suits, jumped into their dads e-class and headed down to the Ferrari showroom (for those in Brum, the one that used to be on Bristol Rd, thats now Aston Martin). Anyway, they managed to get a test drive in a 360, which were new back then. Basically, they didnt even give it a thrashing but crapped their pants over the speed!!!
    Last edited by RazaBlade; 04-12-2006 at 10:11 AM.
    Porsche!

LOL Razablade! I've thought about that before but never tried it. Must have been great!

The E 55 and CLS 55 is basically the same car but the CLS looks better in my opinion. Does the CLS have 4 buckets or 2 with a bench? If it was a 5 passenger it would really be tight. If then I would pick the E. 4 buckets doesn't sound so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    LOL Razablade! I've thought about that before but never tried it. Must have been great!

The E 55 and CLS 55 is basically the same car but the CLS looks better in my opinion. Does the CLS have 4 buckets or 2 with a bench? If it was a 5 passenger it would really be tight. If then I would pick the E. 4 buckets doesn't sound so bad.
    When I sat in it, it seemed sculpted for 4... and as it's a coupé, 5 seats would ruin the whole "4-door coupé" aura. All of Mercedes' coupés have 4 seats- from the W123 to now.

EDIT: RazaBlade, that sounds like a good idea

Before the Enzo Police come after me, it was not me!! It was a friend of a friend!!
    Porsche!

Before the Enzo Police come after me, it was not me!! It was a friend of a friend!!
    O RLY?!

I'll take the E55. I like the CLS, but I just like the E Klasse more.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

i prefer the E class...
    something just doesn't feel right when i sit in a CLS... dun get me wrong I love both cars... but if i am to get one, i'd prefer the E..

Thread Information