Thread: Camaro Z28

Camaro Z28

Hey Hey Guys Whats Goin On I Just Got A New Z28 96 Red I Was Just Wonder What Kind Of Mods I Should Do First ????? In Mint Condition And There 70,ooo Miles Let Me No??

Go to a LS1 or a f-body forum, there will be more people there that could help you out.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

That wont helpo him thats a lt1 car
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Same difference.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

well you can do your typical first mods like exhaust and intake to wake it up a little bit. also a set of gears will really liven it up too. is it an auto or a 6 speed? heads are were your gonna make a lot of power with that motor tho..
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

I'd upgrade your engine first. Power is worth more than looks. What kind of tranny you got? Simple exaust upgrades wouldn't hurt either.

The Camaro is a nice car. To really wake it up, i agree intake and exhaust should be your first bang-for-the buck stuff. Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N Intake will really help. Next you may want to look at a camshaft. Better valving will make it breathe a lot easier. You may also want to consider a set of aluminum heads. These are pretty good all-round mods. Superchargers and Turbos also exist for Camaros, and if you don't mind paying for premium they offer a huge boost in HP for not a lot of money. If you have a stick you may want to consider a clutch upgrade.

Next you gotta figure out what you're going to do with it. Daily driver? Weekend toy? Street/Strip? Autocross/road course? Your decisions here will dictate what direction you go with the rest of your modifications.

Daily driver?

Stop right there. Adding a blower or turbo will require your car to drink costly premium fuel and upset your fuel mileage.

Weekend Toy?

Add some style, maybe some aftermarket alloy wheels or the like. May want to consider a power adder (blower, turbo) if you really wanna go fast.

Street/Strip?

You're going to need some big fat meats in back to hold that power. BF/Goodrich Drag Radials will do the trick. You may want to unhook the rear anti-sway bar for better dragstrip bite. A Trans-brake would be worthwhile if you race it enough. For an extra burst of straightline speed, a blower or turbo never hurts in drag racing. If you don't wanna go with a turbo or blower so as not to upset street manners, a mild nitrous shot will also do the trick in getting down the quarter.

Autocross/Road course:

If you have a specific class of competition in mind, check your class rules first. You'll probably not want to go with a blower or turbo, if only for legality's sake. You WILL however want to upgrade your tires, if not your wheels, to something meatier. Stiffer coils and shocks on the corners will help handling, as will bigger anti-roll bars.

Hope this gives you a starting point! If all this doesn't work you can always sell it and buy a Mustang :P
    Cougar. Impala. Road Runner. Mustang. Barracuda. Marlin. Cobra. Wildcat. Falcon. Hornet. Tiger. Jaguar. Colt. Bronco. Viper. Bagheera. Gremlin. Stingray. Firebird. Pinto. Thunderbird. Eagle. Skylark.

Protect the Wildlife. Don't crush them, restore them.

Thread Information