Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Renault 'want Schumacher in 2007'

This is what I think:
    I couldn't see Schumi leaving Ferrari for another team. The whole team is built up around him, it wouldn't work to his advantage to leave. Even if Ferrari has to make up some pace, it's easier for him than moving to a whole new team, relearning their methodology, et cetera.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

deja vu?

No, just post 88 again!
    Porsche!

Rockefella predicts the future Part 1: 2008 and beyond

McLaren-Mercedes:
    Driver One: Fernando Alonso (L)
    Driver Two: Nico Rosberg

Ferrari:
    Driver One: Kimi Raikkonen (L)
    Driver Two: Valentino Rossi

Renault:
    Driver One: Jenson Button (L)
    Driver Two: Juan Pablo Montoya

Honda:
    Driver One: Giancarlo Fisichella (L)
    Driver Two: Scott Speed

Toyota:
    Driver One: Ralf Schumacher (L)
    Driver Two: Rubens Barichello

That's all for now, I understand it's rather wild but what the heck.. The (L) designates the team's leading driver.

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    deja vu?

No, just post 88 again!
    I got lazy

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News

Ferrari ready for Schumi decision

Michael Schumacher could decide next month whether to retire from Formula One, according to Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn.

Schumacher's Ferrari contract is up at the end of the season but he is likely to decide his future before then.

"We haven't given him an ultimatum," Brawn told German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung.

"But I'm convinced Michael will let Ferrari know his decision between now and June, maybe even as early as May."

There has been plenty of speculation about whether Schumacher will choose to extend his career at Ferrari, switch teams or call it a day.

Renault boss Flavio Briatore has reportedly already made it known that he wants to sign Schumacher, with whom he worked at Benetton in the 1990s, as a replacement for Fernando Alonso, who is joining McLaren in 2007.

Schumacher, 37, is also understood to be frustrated by Ferrari's lack of success since he won his seventh world title in 2004.

He lies fourth in the drivers' standings ahead of Sunday's San Marino Grand Prix, but Brawn insists Schumacher is ambitious and fit enough to add to the five titles he has won with the Italian team.

"He wants to drive a car which wins races and it's up to us to provide him with one," said Brawn.

"I think we have now found the solution to a lot of our problems."
    lets see how long the 'month' actually is!
    Porsche!

Schuey out of a Ferrari?? alrighty then...

Hey guys, just want to say first off is that I have been trawling the net for days looking for information re F1, and apart from the official site, which is almost rediculously useless, save for the live timing... I have found that this page and all its strands has been the most informative, and amusing on the web. Ok, re the Ferrari noodle that was on a few days ago, I really wish I was 14 again so that I knew the power outputs of a Ferrari whatever and a Veyron, Im sure I would have been thrilled to argue that point till I was blue in the face, but comparing a road care with a race car is like comparing Oprah Winfrey to Angelina Jolie... Why??? And if you want to hypothesise as to aftermarket tuners and the power they can make, well, I have a V8 Ford, its aftermarket everything, and when it runs on the dyno, it'll make 1000hp too I am sure. Hp is a wank number in otherwords. Schuey and Ferrari divorcing? I cant see it. Besides, my dad would probably shoot him for it. My guess, he'll retire this year or next, and take on a managerial/consultancy role at Ferrari. Thanx for the awesome site guys.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Welcome to UCP Daz27!!

I can tell by your post that you will definitely enjoy your time here, and you'll get along just fine with all of us!!
    Love the Oprah/Angelina comparison!!
    Porsche!

I wasnt sure whether to say something like apples and oranges or something else along those lines, but I figured I would use one that Neil Crompton wont use tonight in the V8 telecast, all means the same though. Beats me why people compare two totally different things that were designed for two totally different applications. Its like comparing a new GT falcon with a GTHO, you just cant do it. I dont think I have read this much since high school, some of the posts are a crack up. Oh, and I see Schuey went fastest in the last session before qually for Imola too...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Maybe he can make great drawings of cars on napkins.
    ive been trying hard not to laugh or reply to this thread. But thanks to you Mr Melissen i have been unable to stop rolling on the floor for the last minute or so!

Thread Information