Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which car is best for bumpy roads?

Off-road tuned Subaru WRX. With the WRX you don't get the ultimate hp advantage of the STI but you'll still get turbo power and loads of tune-ability.

What's the displacement limit before the taxation becomes ridiculous. I'm thinking about 20 years back but back then they were taxing anything with more than 1600 cc at exorbitant rates.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Guys the roads that he is talking about aren't what most of you have seen before. In general they look like this:

He'd best be off with something that has more ground clearance than an Evolution or STi. Sure they're rally inspired (or possibly the other way round today) - but while this car may cost you US$40,000 that one will cost you US$400,000 (so to speak). You're not getting the rally car, that's one fact.

Is one good choice. It has a 4 doors, good space for 5, optium ride height and a comfortable choice of engines. A 2.5L Turbo and a larger, bigger, n/a 3L for heavy-duty and then a 3.2L Turbo Diesel engine to fill the big boot.
    Review of the Triton:
    http://www.carsurvey.org/review_89061.html

If you're thinking about maybe trb'ing the 3.0, this might help:
    http://www.allpar.com/mopar/turbo3.html

Then the '06 Outlander Turbo

which goes like this...

...on sand because it's got the Evo's 2.0L TbO, AWD and goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.7 seconds and with a top speed of 220 km/h. That's an all in one (like the Forester) with less fuel consumption!

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Hey pimp my ride
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well my dads Citreon which is sitting in poland which he drove from the UK, Its an XM turbo and it has the hydrolic suspension sooooo much fun going round villages.

I learnt to drive in it me and my cousins went practically off roading in it and that was fine i know not the sportiest car in the world but sooo much fun with the turbo and all
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

im not talking about rally or rocky roads but general roads in bad condition like spi ti touts first pic. im also was thinking along the lines of more exotic cars (not supercars) like boxsters, carreras, mercedes sl & CLK etc.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

no chance on roads like that in cars like those, except probably the SL. Low profile tyres + stiff suspension = making friends with the local chiropractor
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

the WRX would have better travel then the outlander. looks better, handles sweeter, sounds better, and is faster. not to mention its alot closer to the original question of
    which sportscar(s) would be best for these roads
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    im not talking about rally or rocky roads but general roads in bad condition like spi ti touts first pic. im also was thinking along the lines of more exotic cars (not supercars) like boxsters, carreras, mercedes sl & CLK etc.
    If you're going for speed on there, the stuff we've been suggesting would be faster than that list. If you want to go the fastest possible, get a Bowler Wildcat.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    the WRX would have better travel then the outlander. looks better, handles sweeter, sounds better, and is faster. not to mention its alot closer to the original question of
    Yes I know that

the WRX comes in league with the Evo, I was talking about the outlander in comparison to the Forester

I still think something like the Triton would be best as it can get very handy in all ways if the going gets a bit tough.

Hehe that is one mean machine,

But in poland after the winter you get loads of pot holes because the snow/ ice gets into cracks in the road expands causes big holes to form.

We drive around in a normal Saloon there to be exact an avensis and the Citreon XM, when going over pot holes and cracks its murder in the toyota so cant imagine what it would be like in an SL id jack up the Suspension hight myself and soften it.

But the XM handles it well so if you look at cars in comparison to what it was back then or trying to be get yourself a Rally car something like a Mitsubishi EVO MR FQ340 that is the meanest machine youll find that can handle those roads, think about it your at the lights or whatevery you do some snob turns up in his porsche and GO before he could get to 60 his suspension will have fallen to pieces.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

I really doubt that the suspension on any road going STI or Evo is as strong as the rally car's based on them.

A Range Rover Sport perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    I really doubt that the suspension on any road going STI or Evo is as strong as the rally car's based on them.
    Group N / Group A cars compete and by the regs are standard suspension
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

They don't do tens of thousands of miles on roads in bad condition (like the ones pictured) I've seen imprezas and Evos that haven't coped with the beating speedbumps give on a daily basis, although that may be the driver's fault. It wouldn't be a soft ride either and would become tiring after a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    They don't do tens of thousands of miles on roads in bad condition (like the ones pictured) I've seen imprezas and Evos that haven't coped with the beating speedbumps give on a daily basis, although that may be the driver's fault. It wouldn't be a soft ride either and would become tiring after a few hours.
    Yeah but that's because everyone in teh UK wiht a SCoob turns the dampers up REAL tight so that it "feels " like a rally car -- as if any rally car would really feel like that on a rough surface They dont' knwo any better.
    Soften it up and it's fine. THough for Asian roads I'd certainly be goign for replacemetnm springs and dampers for forest events
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information