Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Drive Unlimited (V2.0)

only 4 japanese cars. and not any subaru's. thats a shame.A SHAME I SAY!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    For me, that's a good thing, but some Scoobys are always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    No worries white.

The developers have already planned Downloadable content of cars.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Lamborghini Countach added
    For those of you with some questions, here are some answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumNexus
    PlatinumNexus
    collection (0) | wishlist (0)
    Date Posted: 3/25 9:11am Subject: RE: More answers to some unanswered questions

Theres one question ive been meaning to have answered and its annoyed me for ages......

When driving the convertibles within the game will it be possible to raise the roof if it starts raining? as i have seen in earlier interviews there are said to be weather effects and noone wud want the inside of their £150,000 Gallardo Roadster getting soaked do they? lol

Sylvain : Although the weather conditions do change as time goes by (from blue sky to dark clouds, from dawn sunrise till dusk sunset not to forget high noon blinding light), it never rains. This is Hawai as we dreamed it – and this means you don’t need to raise the roof, so it’s always open. If you want a roof, you’ll probably want to try a roadster instead…

-----signature-----

Apart of the Project D Racing Club
    Go to http://projectd.moonfruit.com to join
    Gamertag: PlatinumNexus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TonzOfFun
    collection (0) | wishlist (0)
    Date Posted: 4/18 2:48pm Subject: RE: More answers to some unanswered questions - Date Edited: 4/18 3:17pm (3 edits total) Edited By: TonzOfFun

hey

how will the selling work do you set the price or is it like forza and the price is already set?

There are 2 different ways to sell a car or a bike in the game.

- sell it to the game for about half the price of the car – not a good bargain, but fast money

- sell it to another player, in the Trade area. You set the price and post the order, like in a stock exchange. Other players can see the vehicles for sell, and buy one if they want. As price change over time with offer and demnd, it’s actually like a stock exchange. You’ll even be able to monitor the prices of your stock in the community area of www.testdriveunlimited.com

and i heard that there were certain cars that were in limited quanity...once people bought them there was no more and the only way to get it was to find someone with it and buy it? is it true

The classic cars have a rarity parameter. This means they are not always "buyable" in the car dealer. Sometimes, you'll have to wait for them to be available. You can buy the same car without any limit.
    There are also some reward cars (concept cars). Those cars need to be unlocked. Once this is done, you can go to the car dealer and take it... for free. But, if you sell a reward car, the only way to have it again is to find one on sale on the Trade area. And of course who knows what online additions will be?

will there be any offroad vehicals such as dirt bikes?

You can indeed explore the whole island. As we focused to deliver the ultimate supercar experience, you’ll usually find it more efficient to try and stick to the road… but sometimes the fastest way will be to go through the dirt. And here again, who knows what online add-ons may bring in the future ?

i heard that you see the 8 closest same skill people...will you be able to see your friends/clan the whole time?

At any one time, while driving in free ride, you see the 7 other players that do make most sense for you, as set in your preferences: friends first, same skill, same vehicle category… Go to the island map, and you’ll see where the 1000 of players are on the island (density map), as well as selectable icons for all your friends – Select one of those and you’ll teleport next to him. Remember you can talk directly at all times with people you’re driving along, and that you can “lock” them, so that you always stay together in your freeride experience

what is the average payout for races or challenges and how easy is it to get money...can you use the money from the single player, online?

There is no online money and offline money. Everything you can earn is available online and offline. There are different way to earn money :

- by playing the multiple game modes of the solo game progression

- by playing instant challenges against online players (you set your stake)

- You can also go to a Drive-in and compete in the Custom challenges that other players have uploaded. You pay a fee to enter the challenge. Each challenge is open for a few days duration. At the end, the best competitor takes the whole fees (minus a percentage which goes to the challenge's creator).

are the cars actual prices or just random figures?

they are actual prices. As well as their buying options (rims and colors)

can you damage you car/bike and if so do you have to pay to fix it?

Beware of traffic cars, and other “light” stuff you may damage, because you’ll have to pay for it when the police does its job. Your car (and other players cars) are not damageable – it just did not work with the game concept. Who wants his brand new Lamborghini limited edition to be spoiled by anyone on the street. We did not want that, for sure.

do you buy your garges seperate or is your garge with your house?

You can't buy a garage only. You buy a luxury house WITH a luxury garage. Lots of them. For your lots of cars and lots of bikes. Lots of riches

are house and garges real priced?

Yes they are. The cheaper house costs about 150,000 $. The most expensive goes until 3,000,000 $.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 04-26-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Anyone no if we can park there cars how we want? Like say in the middle of the driveway?
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I think you'll be able to move cars around your garage, but when you get close to home and pull into the marker, it cuts to a cutscene of the car pulling in or leaving.

BTW guys, the release is now in Sept.
    I am now adding *Spectulation to the Veyron, Elise GT1, Audi Quattro, Audi TT and Viper GTS ACR.

My source now says the Citroen 2CV and the Reliant Robin are in. I will call BS on that, and will now add spectulation to everycar unless told in a preview, screenshot, or video.

Ok, I am revoking the Speculation.

Apparently, someone tampered with the 1st post when they SHOULD NOT have.

So, here are the 2 new cars!
    Ferrari F355 GTS
    Lotus M250

Bikes now added.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 04-28-2006 at 07:30 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Check out the All-New Koenigsegg Pics!
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747892.html

And another Koenigsegg now added!
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I come bearing Gifts, the Konigsegg ones are hot off the press (the same as F1 Master's link (i think))
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Batch 2

Batch 3

Batch 4

Batch 5

Batch 6

Batch 7, These Lambo pics are amazing :drool

Batch 7..

Thread Information