Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: BMW 3-Series Coupé pics

Official: BMW 3-Series Coupé pics

These are the first official pictures of BMW’s all new 4th generation 3 Series Coupe. As for the mechanics, the 3 Coupe will be offered with three straight six petrol engines: a 2.5 with 218 Hp, a 3.0 with 272 Hp and the all new 3.0 biturbo that produces 306 Hp. Also, there’s a 231 Hp 3.0 diesel, while for the first time, the 3 Coupe will be offered with a 4wd system. More info coming soon.

BMW 335i: 306 Hp 3.0 biturbo engine:
    Developing maximum output of 225 kW/306 hp and peak torque of 400 Newton-metres or 295 lb-ft, this 3.0-litre power unit is the new top-end engine within BMW’s wide range of six-cylinders.
    Compared with the proven 3.0-litre normal aspiration engine, biturbo technology increases overall output by approximately 15 and peak torque by an even more impressive 30 per cent.
    The result is clear: maximum output of 225 kW/306 hp and peak torque of 400 Newton-metres or 295 lb-ft. which, on the road, means outstanding thrust and driving power all the way up from low engine speeds.

By contrast, the combination of turbocharger technology with high-precision gasoline injection is a particularly efficient way to meet even greater demands in terms of output and torque. And for compa­rison, the new straight-six biturbo weighs about 70 kilos or 158 lb less than an approximately equally powerful eight-cylinder normal-aspiration engine displacing 4.0 litres. A further essential point is that the power unit equipped with high-precision fuel injection offers about 10 per cent lower fuel consumption than an equally powerful turbocharged engine with manifold injection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I think I'm going to be sick.

And the last pic...

My opinion: it looks ok, not brilliant, but not too bad either
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Without the watermarks..

looks ok. wonder what the m3 version is like

Looks ok, design-wise. The problem is that it doesn't actually look like a BMW from the rear.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

It looks alright. I thought it would look bad, but I actually like it. The front retains the look but the rear I don't like. I definately see the new 7 series influence there but I think it could be a bit more aggressive. It's not horrible but it's a bit too boring.

I yawned.

the previous one at least had detailed beauty, this one is both boring AND ugly.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I yawned.

the previous one at least had detailed beauty, this one is both boring AND ugly.
    Exactly.

New BMWs are boring and have lost their edge, I'm no longer excited by their cars. The new M3 may turn that around, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

It doesn't look as good as the old one.

I think I'll stick with my 330Ci.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

I think I'm going to be sick.
    Actually, I was sick when I saw your display picture of an Audi and a VW in your driveway.

Personally, I like the new BMW design (I love the old BMW design/designs as well). The new BMW 3-series looks great.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by john14
    Actually, I was sick when I saw your display picture of an Audi and a VW in your driveway.

Personally, I like the new BMW design (I love the old BMW design/designs as well). The new BMW 3-series looks great.
    Hey c'mon dude, comment on the car, not the members.

I'm really gonna miss the good ol' 3-series, but I think I'll just permanently forget about BMW.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I'm really gonna miss the good ol' 3-series, but I think I'll just permanently forget about BMW.
    I was only kidding/joking. I would hope the vast majority of people have a sense of humour.

I did not even make a rude or derogatory comment in relation to or towards 6'bore. I only made a joke about the cars in his display picture because I do not like Audi or VW cars.
    Last edited by john14; 04-19-2006 at 04:32 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information