Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I Right,in my assumptions.

And for my 600th post...

Ali Baba, it is quite evident that english is not your first language, that is clear. But for our sake(the other users) PLEASE STOP SAYING STUPID S*#$. It is very annoying when your posts frequently turn into non-sensicle tangents about nothing. We are not saying these things to be 'mean', it is just that your post pattern is VERY frusterating because you make no sense 3/4 of the time and then try and to prove that we are the ones who are wrong. Please, think before you post!

and yes...that did feel good

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Baba
    in this (Specific) case Matra et Alpine' is right.Maybe He'll start an online FREE teaching class!,I'll volunteer to be his 1st student.
    As long as you're happy with what he says, it's all good

If you're going to learn english from anyone on these boards, Matra wouldn't be a bad choice

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    As long as you're happy with what he says, it's all good

If you're going to learn english from anyone on these boards, Matra wouldn't be a bad choice
    However, be VERY wary. If Matra offers a spelling and accurate keyboard typing class, do NOT take it!

thanks for the warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    However, be VERY wary. If Matra offers a spelling and accurate keyboard typing class, do NOT take it!
    thanks for the warning!,now let "matra' defend himself.
    Poppies.popies.Popayan!

Sane replies only,Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverG35SportC
    And for my 600th post...

Ali Baba, it is quite evident that english is not your first language, that is clear. But for our sake(the other users) PLEASE STOP SAYING STUPID S*#$. It is very annoying when your posts frequently turn into non-sensicle tangents about nothing. We are not saying these things to be 'mean', it is just that your post pattern is VERY frusterating because you make no sense 3/4 of the time and then try and to prove that we are the ones who are wrong. Please, think before you post!

and yes...that did feel good
    too often I wanted to plead:Sane replies only,Please!.
    My replies'frustrates' only folks with the wrong attitude.
    Poppies.popies.Popayan!

Sabakh El Khir!(Good Morning)!,You need to reply:'Sabakh el Nur'(Morning of Light.) Like Nuristan(land of light).
    The reason I teach You My language,I try to help You to 'bridge the gap'.
    so no more (ney mer in Scottish English) complaints about my English...unless of course You are all fluent in Arabic,And Understand'Maskhara el Kurdi'!.
    Otherwise,I'll have to teach You all the Scottish English,and You all will be extremely 'frustrated'.(as You'll not be able tea understand a wee deoch an' doris,gang awa' etc.),anyway:I love a bonnie Lassie!.
    Poppies.popies.Popayan!

Emmm... Arrgh... Umphhh... Aaaa... Oh, f#*k! I tried to write some useful feedback for Ali Baba, but I realized it's pointless. You're not a guy who'd admit being wrong on any occasion, are you Ali?
    To all the others: beware engaging in a discussion with a fool! He'll take you down to his level, and then beat with experience

Ah, I might as well write it. Listen very carefully, I will say it only once":
    Your posts are a pain to read. And I don't mean the substance, I mean the form of it. I have no idea what's the essence of what you want to say. Might be, it's really something interesting and worthy, but you don't give us a chance to get to know it. I know english is not your mother tongue, but neither it is for me and many other forum users. Yet we try to make us at least understandable. Sometimes we may not know the necessary vocabulary. Some grammar mistakes are acceptable, maybe even inevitable. But punctuation is not that different in english than in other languages. So it's not a matter of lack of skill in your case, rather than just slackness IMO.
    All of the above might sound a bit harsh. I planned to be patient and thoughtful :P But your answers, implying you're perfectly clear and concise in your posts, and we don't understand what you want to say only out of our bad will or mental disability, changed my mind.
    Summing up: more careful writing, less insulting and we'll all be happy
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Sabakh El Khir!(Good Morning)!,You need to reply:'Sabakh el Nur'(Morning of Light.) Like Nuristan(land of light).
    The reason I teach You My language,I try to help You to 'bridge the gap'.
    so no more (ney mer in Scottish English) complaints about my English...unless of course You are all fluent in Arabic,And Understand'Maskhara el Kurdi'!.
    Otherwise,I'll have to teach You all the Scottish English,and You all will be extremely 'frustrated'.(as You'll not be able tea understand a wee deoch an' doris,gang awa' etc.),anyway:I love a bonnie Lassie!.
    See, you are able of writing in a legible way.
    And as for learning arabic or scottish, or polish, or any other language for that matter - great! But it's an automotive forum, not a linguistic one. On this forum we speak english, as it is the contemporary lingua franca. So it doesn't matter that one can't make a gramatically correct sentence in arabic or serbo-croatian. But it is a problem when one can't make such a sentence in english. Also sprach go.pawel

You need to understand, Ali, that there isn't much more you can teach us about the English language - much of the forum speaks it quite fluently in comparison.

it's frustrating to talk to you because if we try to help you, you feel the need to return the favour, when it's almost entirely unnecessary.

Plus - Matra > You in Speaking Scotlish.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Why not go back to the original question. We all know Ali's language is not 100% corect (intentional mistake) but I got the picture. Maybe because I;m no native English speaker either.

Classic Car enthusiasts tend to preserve all old, odd parts they can find, and put it in their garage (some also fill the rest of their home with it, I know of somebody where you have to climb over a couple of motorcycles to reach the kitchen, engine blocks being stored in the toilet!). The rest of their house often is filled with books, brochures, parts catalogues, magazines and the likes. Some also have an additional collection of miniature cars. So, maybe preservationalist isn't the right word, but these guys really keep what they lay their hands on!

About your museum: It's logical to want to share all literature etc. you have with the rest of the wordl in some sort of museum or study centre. There are already several, for example the Bugatti Trust in England, where they have a few cars and parts on show, but the most interesting part of the collection is all paper!

Than there are collections as part of a car museum. In the Netherlands we have NCAD: The National Collection of Automobile Documentation: http://www.ncad.info/site/

So: Ali's question about such a museum is a good one, though maybe a little difficult to understand.

Of course, an other perfect place to share your collection and other info with others is on the internet!

http://www.BugattiPage.com
    Last edited by J.J.Horst; 04-19-2006 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.Horst
    Why not go back to the original question. We all know Ali's language is not 100% corect (intentional mistake) but I got the picture.
    So you actually understood what he was trying to say. Lucky you

Have I lost my way and reached a linguistic forum by mistake?

Yes, I understand Ali, though I don't understand his part about money.. Probably that such a museum would cost a lot.

By the way: The NCAD has 3000m of bookshelf, filled with automotive information dating back from the 1880's!

And about his second question: Most classic car enthusiasts would be interested to some degree in modern motor cars. Though most (as I do) would comment that no beautiful cars are produced any more. Especially the English would comment that modern cars are far too reliable, and that they would be missing all beautiful parts falling of their car!

(Yes, I did own a couple of English cars see http://www.bugattipage.com/personal.htm#cars )

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.Horst
    (Yes, I did own a couple of English cars see http://www.bugattipage.com/personal.htm#cars )
    Welcome and thanks for bringing attention to your website. I've bookmarked it for the fantastic collection of old Bugatti pictures/info.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Now what's all this about?

Online forums are meant to be informal, Ali. That's your first lesson, and welcome to the virtual side of the world. I don't see why you're trying to correct us by not admitting that you're wrong. If you're willing to learn better English, then please do so before posting too much non-sense. And by the way, you don't put a period after every exclamation mark, and you don't use commas that often.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

This Morning I was extremely successful in achieving one of my goals!,Honest!.
    now 'How'bout you'?,Any honest achievements recently?!.
    Well, I deciphered one of your posts!

Thread Information