Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who ended up going?

Who ended up going?

did any UCP members go to the NY autoshow? i'm waiting to resize my photos (too lazy now) and i'll put them up. either that or submit them to 200 mph club n then link em here. but did anyone else go? what was your favorite car at the show, favorite exibit?

my favorite car there was the pontiac solstice coupe concept. that thing is.... incredible. and that orange color :drools over self: my favorite exibit was tied betweeen the Hot exotic car photo (saleen S7, Murcielago roadster and Carrera GT) or the exotics in the front (Lotus elise, Lotus exige. lamborghini murcielago, lamborghini gallardo spyder, spyker D12 peking to paris, Spyker C8, saleen S281 extreme, Saleen S7, that new Saleen mustang orange and black, and the Saleen 338 sport truck supercharged)

great show!
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    did any UCP members go to the NY autoshow? i'm waiting to resize my photos (too lazy now) and i'll put them up. either that or submit them to 200 mph club n then link em here. but did anyone else go? what was your favorite car at the show, favorite exibit?

my favorite car there was the pontiac solstice coupe concept. that thing is.... incredible. and that orange color :drools over self: my favorite exibit was tied betweeen the Hot exotic car photo (saleen S7, Murcielago roadster and Carrera GT) or the exotics in the front (Lotus elise, Lotus exige. lamborghini murcielago, lamborghini gallardo spyder, spyker D12 peking to paris, Spyker C8, saleen S281 extreme, Saleen S7, that new Saleen mustang orange and black, and the Saleen 338 sport truck supercharged)

great show!
    I was intending on going yesterday, but me and my friend changed our minds. There was really nothing great to see.

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    im goin there tomorrow wit a bunch of friends. from what i get from ur experience its gonna b swell (hopefully).
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

ugh i wanted to. second year in a row i missed it. had to go trinidad this year. san antonio last year
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I was intending on going yesterday, but me and my friend changed our minds. There was really nothing great to see.
    Yep. Compared to the ones in Europe, such as the Geneva Motorshow, the NY Motorshow sucks.

i was there last week. it was ok but compared to the european ones it sucked

I went yesterday, it wasnt particularly different from last year other than the fact that they didn't have any Mitsu Evo's and Subaru Sti's open becaue ppl destroyed them last year... plus a lot more of the Audi's and Benzez were locked up... my favorite portion was the BMW stand (as usual) and the Chevy Camaro and the Challenger concepts... but seriously, that was about it... i'll post pics soon
    "It's better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"
    - ...?

ill post pics soon. i have that photo running in the competition from the 'hot exotic car stand' i might resize them later
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

i post my pics in the hideout whenever a thread comes up-my favorite car was probably the new G35. i was affraid that infinti would ruin it (or nissan) but they didnt and this car is gonna be back on top in the small luxury sedan class in a couple of weeks
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

i glanced at that. didnt really have time to hit all the stands. only hit 'my' stands and some other. skipped most of GM. anything good at caddy? skipped 90% of downstairs. and skipped scion exept i did get a look in at that fugly concept they had. had a glance at the imperial. i think that was it. cant remember (across from mazzer?)

i also went on ''opening day''
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Jimi H...

Theyre only ever good when theres a new concept out or some new car just reliesed which isnt an SUV.

The best one has to be the Monaco Super car one cant say ive ever had the privilage to go there but from the looks its amazing being able to get into a Lambo Murc, Veyrons, etc seeing as its sooo expensive theyre not going to get any little kids nicking any parts from inside.

And the GB last year wasnt that amazing every year they try to add something to make them better some musical or something rarely works this year i think they include a concert with the tickets.

Two years ago in Birmingham Ford had the Thunderbirds stand with flying cars and stuff, amusing for a while
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

that was the best show i've been to. way better than the DC show, even the venue was better. and the singapore one was horible. bigger lambo stand and bigger ferrari stand but the rest was just crap there. i remember they had the alfa romeo beta competizion. that thing is just soooooo incredible. they had a gallardo murcielago and murcielago roadster but part of that they had downstairs was 4 gallardos 2 diablos including the special edition that they made 40 of in gold. that gold one belonged to a friend of mines' neighbor.

ferrari had a 360, f430 and 550 along with a maserati spider quattroporte and coupe.

rolls had the phantom and 100EX. and porsche had some cars but the carrera gt was there. first time i saw it
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE

Jimi H...

Yeah the 100EX, the worst part of it was the making appointments to see the car hmmmmmm

I know at least you dont have over crowded cars but it still was annoying having to do it.
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

I went and i liked it alot, TOyota did a great job i'll put some pics soon.
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

I'm just curious, but did toyota give out hats and did scion give out keychains? they did that in San Francisco, I freeloaded off of scion and gave out keychains to people.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information