• DeTomaso Deauville

14 43.75%
  • DeTomaso Longchamp

20 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeTomaso Longchamp vs. DeTomaso Deauville

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSi
    I think, it's not the best idea to compare a 2+2 Coupe with a 4 door saloon.
    which is why i said "Different cars, I know"

by the way i foudn myself looking at the deauville and longchamp longer and longer and the deauville grows on ya
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Hi: I'm restoring a Longchamp in Barcelona, Spain, somebody know where I can find parts?? Suspenssion (frt & rr), brakes, or which car those parts coming?? Oh... is not a good thing to compare coupes with 4 doors... Are two separate concepts of cars made for two different needings. Thanks...

Contact Roland Jäckel from Hamburg, Germany. He has a lot of parts in stock.
    www.detomaso.de

The Deauville because my aunt has got a house in this town.

the longchamp is very nice
    the deauville a badge-engineered jaguer

The Deauville looks much more sporty and modern than the first series XJ from 1968. I would say the second XJ series from 1988 lookes like a 1970 Deauville.
    Drive both and you will feel the difference.
    The Deauville feels like a 4 door Pantera in many ways.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually,even if I come from next to Modena, where the Deauville and Longchamp were built, I must admit never having owned one. But I've driven a few prototypes, still in the hands of former DT employees. A DT Designer has - in his garage - a Deauville used by the factory in the late 60's for some tests. Instead of destroying it, he bought and registered ( it was possible at that time). Blue color,has lights slightly different shaped andthe interiors hand-made on the basis of older DTs. Dark blue with a horizontal stripe over a body line (a solution then not used in mass production), Ford engine over-powered. I think he has made more than 40.000 mls in all those years.
    It smells new.

I was forgotting the second one. But it's a Longchamp owned by another former DT employee, a mechanical dept. chief. It's a number 0 more than a proto, has it hasa pre serial number, and is officially registered as unique test vehicle. Dark red, has interiors hand-made for tests by the De T craftsmen, and I had the honour to drive it (not funny, as the gear is automatic..)
    Well, after years this way, I decided to search for a Deauville on my own!!!
    Congratulations for your wonderful cars.
    (PS: Please don' t ask for the 2 protos I wroteyou about. The owners do not want to sell neither to show them in any case, andtheywould getangry even to discover I've written about. Now, they live far enough from Modena, evenm if the cars are parked nearby. I have the duty of warming up both sometimes, that's why I know about.)

RS69,

Most mechanical parts are not unobtanium.

I suggest in the first instance a post under the respective Longchamp & Deauville forum on the POCA site: Forums Summary Page - Powered by Eve For Enterprise. If no luck then Roland I'm sure can help but be prepared to pay!

One of the few Longchamp GTSE spiders resides close to me here and is currently for sale at a painful price.

These cars do not command high prices, one reason I like them and of course for their exclusivity.

The later Longchamp's had the quad rectangular lamps which IMO look way better than those aweful Ford Granada units - that's why I modified my car.

Forums Summary Page - Powered by Eve For Enterprise

Phil

Some links not working;

POCA page link: Forums Summary Page - Powered by Eve For Enterprise

My ride link:

Phil

this is your ride Anna Log?
    Very interesting.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Hi Leon,

Yes, one of my rides.

I have three rides, a daily driver, a cruiser (the Longchamp) and a bruiser :-)

Anna Log

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Log View Post
    Hi Leon,

Yes, one of my rides.

I have three rides, a daily driver, a cruiser (the Longchamp) and a bruiser :-)

Anna Log
    Welcome, a Pantera as a bruiser?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

But who are the designer of both longchamp and deauville bodyes? Giuagiaro during his working for Ghia?

Quote Originally Posted by andy owen View Post
    But who are the designer of both longchamp and deauville bodyes? Giuagiaro during his working for Ghia?
    Tom Tjaarda.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information