Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

ok but what has THIS got to do with civics being or not being good platforms for tuning?

Come on i like civic's it is what i want to start off with....and they are good ricers :P

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    ok but what has THIS got to do with civics being or not being good platforms for tuning?
    I dont know. I was replying to this.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...&postcount=315
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

which was regarding your post about other factors affecting poewr output

even IF valves and polishing wutever had significant performance advantage to non polished and "normal" friction-full (?) valves the technology wouldnt be isolated to a certain type of engine or model of car, therefore it's effective effect on "tunability" is cancelled out

this again is why i chose to focus on vvt, you can force induce virtually any naturally asipirated car as long as its compression ratio isnt too high (which you can easily change with after market cranks and pistons), but it's impossible to find an after market vvt kit for an engine that wasnt designed with one, and even if it did come with a vvt its operation can hardly be altered much past its original specifications which is why a good vvt system was so important in my argument

which was regarding your post about other factors affecting poewr output

even IF valves and polishing wutever had significant performance advantage to non polished and "normal" friction-full (?) valves the technology wouldnt be isolated to a certain type of engine or model of car, therefore it's effective effect on "tunability" is cancelled out

this again is why i chose to focus on vvt, you can force induce virtually any naturally asipirated car as long as its compression ratio isnt too high (which you can easily change with after market cranks and pistons), but it's impossible to find an after market vvt kit for an engine that wasnt designed with one, and even if it did come with a vvt its operation can hardly be altered much past its original specifications which is why a good vvt system was so important in my argument
    Add more cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Add more cylinders.
    more cylinders doesnt mean more power

and when we're talking about hot hatches the inline 4 is the ideal powerplant (other then vr6 but thats brand specific so ill exclude it) v8s wont fit and none are economical enough for a manufacturer to even consider putting in

v6s are found in hatches but they're inherently unbalanced just like a 3 cylinder which needs a ballancer shaft which will rob power (note a 4 cylinder engine will be perfectly ballanced for first order forces but will suffer from 2nd order vibrations, relatively small 4 cylinders can cope with this without ballancer shafts but engines larger than 2 litres usually need them, im currently unaware of any company producing boxer engine hatches so they're outta the equation as well)
    v6s are also very wide for the displacement they have and are relatively inefficient in size compared to the transmission and the rest of the drive line, v6 hatches generally are much larger then I4 hatches which means more weight

v6s also need 2 exhaust manafolds and forced induction could be tricky

and when we're talking about hot hatches the inline 4 is the ideal powerplant (other then vr6 but thats brand specific so ill exclude it) v8s wont fit and none are economical enough for a manufacturer to even consider putting in

Apperantely someone hasn't heard of the RS8 kit and other V8 Foci.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

v6s are found in hatches but they're inherently unbalanced just like a 3 cylinder which needs a ballancer shaft which will rob power (note a 4 cylinder engine will be perfectly ballanced for first order forces but will suffer from 2nd order vibrations, relatively small 4 cylinders can cope with this without ballancer shafts but engines larger than 2 litres usually need them, im currently unaware of any company producing boxer engine hatches so they're outta the equation as well)
    v6s are also very wide for the displacement they have and are relatively inefficient in size compared to the transmission and the rest of the drive line, v6 hatches generally are much larger then I4 hatches which means more weight

v6s also need 2 exhaust manafolds and forced induction could be tricky
    V8s arent found in hatches because in most instance V8 wont fit. I am pointing out again that VVT is not the sole bringer of power.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    V8s arent found in hatches because in most instance V8 wont fit. I am pointing out again that VVT is not the sole bringer of power.
    yeah but in this case its more important then say on a big luxury car where u can have v12s and stuf

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    there aren't too many asian cars with v12s though, huh
    blah.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    there aren't too many asian cars with v12s though, huh
    wtf does it being asian have to do with it?

and correction there are no asian v12s with the exception of honda and toyota's f1 machines

...And their V10's.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    ...And their V10's.
    oh crap ur right they're v10s, lol

oh crap ur right they're v10s, lol
    pwned.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

There is a solution to the unbalance in V6's.

Solution: STRAIGHT SIX ENGINE!!!!

Thread Information