Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

Actually some of the best Motor electritions, come up from modifiying little civic's and fiesta's because they have modified it on there own, so then they know about it and make money from it...

johnny see the discussion isnt old thread

Quote Originally Posted by fiat850
    johnny see the discussion isnt old thread
    english please?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by cobrapower
    I want to know what the fascination with civics is? What sense of logic is there in buying a 15,000-20,000 dollar civic, dropping upwards of 30-40k into it, and adding an expensive body kit to turn it into a sportscar? Personally, if i had that kind of money, i could do just as well, without nitrous, in a nice american sportscar. Even a german car! Give me a break, i dont see the logic in all that.
    there isnt anything wrong with a civic and most of them dont cost $20,000 see I got one at $200 even thought it is an '89 hatch back. the fascination is that you can buy on for cheap, rip the stock motor out and throw either a B16A2(Civic SiR),B16B(Civic Type-R),B18C1(Integra GSR),B18C5(Integra Type-R),B20B(AWD CRV) motor in them and they will be pretty damn quick... see around here when ppl fix their cars they usually dont go for looks first, you go tune the motor, then work your way outside. DUH! when i got my hatch the first thing i did is put a B16B(Type-R) that was quick enough to beat 99 model mustangs except saleens.but now saleens, cobra, SS comaros cant beat me. while your sitting there talking shit about civic's Saturday night my boy in a 470HP hatch back EG style beat everyone but a 2,000HP Cuda. so you can lay off hatches, see b/c we dont drive our dads cars we have our own... you cant talk shyt unless you have your own car worth racing. oh and yes civic's they are sport cars.
    (for the people that know me i still have my HatchiRoku)
    Mods to my hatch:B16B, HKS Hi Flow catback exaust,HKS ball bearing turbo, HKS front mount intercooler, HKS Pistons, HKS boost oil and water temp gauges, Blitz side mount oil cooler, Mugen Header, Mugen downpipe, Mugen Cam cover, Skunk2 testpipe, Crower racing stroker kit, ACT Drag Mugen MF10 wheels, Yokohama Advan A048 tires, Spoon 4pot calipers, all wheel Type-R disk brakes, JDM Integra front conversion, Mugen front bumper, Mugen Carbon Fiber hood, JDM Integra Type R interior. too much to list.

Quote Originally Posted by DrifterX
    oh and yes civic's they are sport cars.
    Negative, Ghost Rider.

Mods to my hatch:B16B, HKS Hi Flow catback exaust,HKS ball bearing turbo, HKS front mount intercooler, HKS Pistons, HKS boost oil and water temp gauges, Blitz side mount oil cooler, Mugen Header, Mugen downpipe, Mugen Cam cover, Skunk2 testpipe, Crower racing stroker kit, ACT Drag Mugen MF10 wheels, Yokohama Advan A048 tires, Spoon 4pot calipers, all wheel Type-R disk brakes, JDM Integra front conversion, Mugen front bumper, Mugen Carbon Fiber hood, JDM Integra Type R interior. too much to list.
    So you threw $15,000 at an economy car. Guess what. It's still an economy car.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    So you threw $15,000 at an economy car. Guess what. It's still an economy car.
    not any more

still pretty stupid to spend that much money on a civic tho, like its a fast car on its own but for that much money u can buy a way faster car, and roomier, more comfy, less compromising, ect.

Drifter X, what kind of chassis mods have you done to take the extra hp?

there isnt anything wrong with a civic and most of them dont cost $20,000 see I got one at $200 even thought it is an '89 hatch back. the fascination is that you can buy on for cheap, rip the stock motor out and throw either a B16A2(Civic SiR),B16B(Civic Type-R),B18C1(Integra GSR),B18C5(Integra Type-R),B20B(AWD CRV) motor in them and they will be pretty damn quick... see around here when ppl fix their cars they usually dont go for looks first, you go tune the motor, then work your way outside. DUH! .
    Yeah well the majority of Civics "round here" are toys. They have some cult status, probably cause people see them in tuning mags and they can be bought cheap. The biggest mods they get are oversized wheels and the mandatory fart can. And it generally helps to modify brakes and suspension in line with the motor.
    when i got my hatch the first thing i did is put a B16B(Type-R).
    I presume thats a motor, we arent all fan boys.
    that was quick enough to beat 99 model mustangs except saleens.but now saleens, cobra, SS comaros cant beat me.
    What stock ones, go figure. Put a hot motor in a cheap small car and it "beats" (whatever that means) larger unmodified cars. Where and what are these contests you have won?
    while your sitting there talking shit about civic's Saturday night my boy in a 470HP hatch back EG style beat everyone but a 2,000HP Cuda. so you can lay off hatches, see b/c we dont drive our dads cars we have our own... you cant talk shyt unless you have your own car worth racing..
    Waht are these races you speak of? Street drags per chance?
    Oh no, they are modified girls cars.
    (for the people that know me i still have my HatchiRoku)
    Fanboy speak.
    Boy you sure do know all the good words. Read plenty of mags then?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by DrifterX

Crisis:
    I agree crisis, I don't think Honda's goal was to make a sports car when civics were made, thier goal was to make an econo-box commuter car. I don't understand why kids view them as sports cars.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I agree crisis, I don't think Honda's goal was to make a sports car when civics were made, thier goal was to make an econo-box commuter car. I don't understand why kids view them as sports cars.
    Cause theyre cheap and attainable and have starred in hot 4 tuning mags where certain people have chosen to modify them to extremes. If you look at similar sized/type alternatives you have Pulsars, Corrolas etc. Honda has a "name" with percieved connotations to quality and psuedo prestige as far as Japanese cars go, which also adds to the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    because they're light, tossable, and they're faster then many cars that cost twice as much

true the design was not meant to be a jgtc race car

but it was a good platform for their performance oriented models like the integra/rsx/sir

Quote Originally Posted by crisis

Boy you sure do know all the good words. Read plenty of mags then?
    what makes it a girls car ? and what's wrong with a girl's car? u sexist?

he could read a lot of mags ... OR he actually did perform those mods which would be the reason why he knows the names of all of the parts

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    what makes it a girls car ? and what's wrong with a girl's car? u sexist?
    Because lots of girls drive hatchs and think theyre cute. How is it sexist?
    he could read a lot of mags ... OR he actually did perform those mods which would be the reason why he knows the names of all of the parts
    You choose.

because they're light, tossable, and they're faster then many cars that cost twice as much
    Im sure Pulsars, Corollas ect could do the same thing with equivallent mods.

Thread Information