Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

First off let me say that The misconception Fast and furious expenses on a car are bullshit is completely off. Perhaps you may not see these things in Singapore, but i guarantee you that they exist. Ive been to several street races with modded cars that have easily dropped 40 grand into the car. On top of all this, in what way does 1/4 mile time matter if a car cant handle for shit? Personally the skill should be in driving the car, not just going in a straight line and shifting.
    "No Rice!"-Me
    "All throttle, No bottle!"-my racing team motto
    "I hate the smell of exhaust, thats why i never lose!" My friend dick, right before i whomped him in my fathers cobra!

i see these things here all the time - cars here are so bloody expensive they modify anf did you know the country is second in terms of the most number of modified cars on the road(japan is first)and at my place i see illegal races all the bloody time
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

hell yeah
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Talking Junk imports..

All's i can say is imports are junk. If you wanna drive imports and make bad comments about American Muscle, go to Japan where you can critisize all you want with yer lil import car lovers. American Muscle owns the streets, drag strips, and any otha place that you are able to race, and it will always be like dat...
    Proud to be an American. The few the proud The United States Marines!

ChevysRule STILL

Nice going Chevy, but
    The best distinction to make between American muscle and the Japanese is that there will NEVER be a Japanese-made classic car. Vehicles that people want to own 30 years after their release - or more. The Daytona, Superbird, 45 y.o. Corvettes, convertible and fastback Mustangs and in Oz the GTHO and 350 GTS Monaro etc etc. These are the muscle cars that people want and that's why almost every release of a new model includes more horsepower, to try and reclaim everything we lost in the late 70's (the very reason GMH revived the Monaro). Even styling is becoming totally retro and not only in cars. The only ones that are lagging behind in the style department are the Japanese, the Celica for example. I'm well aware that the kiddies in this forum love all their boat-tails and skirts but it does not ad style to any car.
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Yep

I'm with you all da way on that one, yer right bout all that. Except for the Chevy ruling thing lol
    Proud to be an American. The few the proud The United States Marines!

american muscle carsvs. Japanese cars?

american muscle is cooler

Japan is better

Originally posted by motormaniac
    american muscle carsvs. Japanese cars?

american muscle is cooler

Japan is better
    cooler and better - what the hell are you saying
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Japan is better [/B]
    better for what?
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Re: Junk imports..

Originally posted by ChevySucks
    All's i can say is imports are junk. If you wanna drive imports and make bad comments about American Muscle, go to Japan where you can critisize all you want with yer lil import car lovers. American Muscle owns the streets, drag strips, and any otha place that you are able to race, and it will always be like dat...
    You obviously have no brain.
    Tdot owns you.

Chevy,
    it's a little foolish to say "all imports are junk". There are many who claim that all muscle cars are junk. Are they right? Of course not. The fact is both can be good, when produced properly.
    The problem with american muscle cars is that the should, with the inclusion of modern technology, be better than they are, and also often their build quality is less than reassuring.
    In response to Ozexige, can I point out that there are only a few import cars around that even fall into the age category you are discussing, but there are a few jap cars considered "classics", or that will be in the future, for example the Datsun 1600 (commonly restored) and nissan GTR's.
    Also the resurection of the Monaro really is nothing short of a crude marketing gimmick. The original Monaro was a fantastic car, with a good base chassis (for it's age) and decent engine hardware. It was a performance king. The new Monaro is a restyled taxi, and that's that! 70's cars were great in their day, and still can provide enjoyment, but engineering has come a long way since then, and new cars should reflect that.

Originally posted by Nildo
    Chevy,
    In response to Ozexige, can I point out that there are only a few import cars around that even fall into the age category you are discussing, but there are a few jap cars considered "classics", or that will be in the future, for example the Datsun 1600 (commonly restored) and nissan GTR's.
    Also the resurrection of the Monaro really is nothing short of a crude marketing gimmick. The original Monaro was a fantastic car, with a good base chassis (for it's age) and decent engine hardware. It was a performance king. The new Monaro is a restyled taxi, and that's that! 70's cars were great in their day, and still can provide enjoyment, but engineering has come a long way since then, and new cars should reflect that.
    You can point it out *ildo (sorry I couldn't help myself) but to claim that early Monaros had decent engine hardware (350 chevy) and current ones aren't as good (ah.. let me see .... 350 chevys ... I think) doesn't help your argument. The 350 GTS was OK but the Falcon and Charger were better (on the road) - the reason I didn't buy the HG I tested in the early '70's (yes I know I'm old) - but as I was still a die-hard Holden man I went for a '74 LH Torana SLR5000 and then pulled the 308 motor and had it blueprinted but then I couldn't stop it and got rid of it. - but I'm getting off the point (old people do that)...
    Have you driven a new Monaro?
    Do you know what car manufacturers are in business for?
    Oh yeah....... Japanese classics ......... the Datsun 1600, a very stylish car, I'm sure. Classics are cars that evoke a feeling of awe and admiration for their styling and design. The Datsun 1600 (maybe the Fairlady?) and the GTR do not fit.

PS. Again, I'm sorry for the *ildo thing....
    A pox - a pox I say -

Originally posted by ozexige
    better for what?
    performance

performance
    That is just bullshit, these cars are totally diffent. If you've read some of the posts from Edd Nog you wouldn't post such a dumb reply
    Last edited by Rob; 06-11-2003 at 12:30 PM.

performance
    Sometimes 'maniac (Forrest) I think should just come up there and kick you in the arse - you dope.
    A pox - a pox I say -

Thread Information