Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My car

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    way to get stuck in Slick good effort, sounds like your O2 sensor was farked well and truly. With fuel costing so much i really hope its sorted now. I was disappointed with my coilovers when i first fitted them but then realised they were adjustable so up the rear went and down the front came and i was happy if i see any VP calais lights ill let you know my friend
    Fingers crossed me to. I got 1 pic it's not the best it's higher then first thought.
    Thanks for that mate but guess what i got today A VP Calais light finally, And there is a rear garnish on ebay Calais too I'm hoping i can grab it Finnish it off then, My brakes front looked shit bad to i think they are goooooone
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Those Calais taillights may turn up on Ebay.
    Keep us updated on the upgrades. All the hard work and dollars will be worth it if you're planning to keep the car long term. Might even be a classic if you keep it for another 15 years.
    Yep just got one today and it looks new too I'm over the moon
    Yep i got a list of big things that might take me 3 years, But I'm hoping to get another car one day and have this as the play car I'm not sure about the interior yet it's mainly exterior and drivetrain now.

Here are 2 pics it's up at the servo about 40 min ago. See the faded bonnet thats on the list 2
    Who need a digital camera???? SLICK
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

How about this picture of my dash.
    The big pic was fuel some months ago, The little one was taken today see how much already it is better on fuel

I just got off the phone from Tidd Brothers let me tell you i had a smile from ear to ear, I have never been treated so well ever i was so happy and impressed with them.
    They are going to do me a Redback Hi-Flow Cat For $220, And set-up my Exhaust the way i like it, 2.5" System and they will test resonators on the rear till I'm happy with the sound output it give I told them i was after something more unique not the same sound all VN-VP-VR's give out something a touch different, We will test and test until your happy with the sound he said if your not happy we aren't happy. I was over the moon, My brother years ago told me to go see Fred and Tidd Brothers because he was great, He wasn't wrong I'm there 10am 2morrow and I'm going to come away with a big smile

It's rare to get great serves like that now a days.

Got my exhaust done today.

They done me a 2.5" system with Hi-Flow Redback Cat, A straight through redback muffler, Into Hot-Dog Resonator for deeper sound, Out to a set of Twin Pipes It sounds pretty loud it starts up hot it hums along but when your up it in the bigger revs it lets of this hot crackle sound i was in love.
    Here are some pic's. I could have gone for the twin 3" tips but i thought don't get to carried away
    Pardon the under shot it's bloody dirty under there, But you can see how much better this system sits compared to the old one i had which was a shocker.

That look grouse Slick & it seems like you done a good deal there - by comparison my non-cat aftermarket Merc system cost me $580. It's great to find & deal with honest traders who don't charge the earth. Mate all you need now for that Commodore is a ute conversion for 'offroad & towing' and you could upset a lot of people!

thats exactly the look i want for mine, twin tips

love it slick! you have to record it for us all! You scored a bargain BTW. my cheapo catback was $320
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    That look grouse Slick & it seems like you done a good deal there - by comparison my non-cat aftermarket Merc system cost me $580. It's great to find & deal with honest traders who don't charge the earth. Mate all you need now for that Commodore is a ute conversion for 'offroad & towing' and you could upset a lot of people!
    Thanks mate all up it was $510 but that tip cost $90 on it's own But i had to have it
    They didn't try and charge you Merc tax did they
    Yeah i should jack it up and cut the rear off just to make a car ute out of it and tow some guns a pig on my bonnet Yeppie
    thats exactly the look i want for mine, twin tips

love it slick! you have to record it for us all! You scored a bargain BTW. my cheapo catback was $320
    Them tips are so expensive I was almost tempted when he said do you want the twin 3"??? Ummmmm????????? ??????? ???????? ???????? No better not get to carried away
    But i have a massive head ache it smells like new and fresh smelly eggs
    A standard redback cat back was $320 but i wanted something more unique if that was possible so it didn't sound like every VN-VP-VR on the road.
    It's funny i haven't herd it outside yet
    Your exhaust sounded hot!

They told me i would have more power on take off just because the Cat was fully blocked up with black crap as it was burnt. And with Redbacks straight through muffler mid range also would pick up, Funny thing is i haven't planted it off the mark yet, I have planted it 2000rpm in first and i loved the sound, And since i have lowered it it's been better behaved at the rear, Now it's spinning in the middle of the revs range in 1st, And i dropped it back to 1st gear going through a amber light and the wheels chirped as it dropped kicked down very very happy, And best of all mum loves it to so thats cool to.
    Must admit it's maybe a couple of decibels to loud but they had a V8 statesman there with the sound device behind it, With myn no need so it must be alright, I did set off a alarm before.

Just rememberd, I have done 391km and i have 1/4 of a tank left it's been plenty of local driving harldy any freeways trips longer then 7 min.

Hi guys i just recorded the Exhaust sound, It's not the best quality wise, I used my PC Mic out my mothers window hit record, Jumped into the car started it up and drove down the drive-way then i went for a little spin down the street,
    Word of warning you will need to turn the sound up just about full to here this as i have said it's a PC Mic out the window it's amazing it pics up sound at all.
    I recorded it the same way as i did with the old Cannon on the rear which was much quieter as you will see
    Cyco was just by and i took him for a spin but it was wet so i was a bit uneasy didn't want to go off tap and get it sideways or anything just went easy
    Cyco took me for a spin in his Turbo Saab I love turbo
    Attached Files Attached Files

sounds very nice slick! very smooth!

cheers for the comment on my exhaust, i like it too

ill do you a good recording next time im down

PSsssssssssssssh Thanks.
    How do you record a good sound I'm at a lose on what to use lol the PC Mic out the window trick
    Did you like it beating up the street after the driveway it's mid range power is up 10-20% easy it gets the rear going much easier now, I love the sound tapping 5000rpm. But it will change in Auto @ 5100rpm. So i really need to hold 1st and have more fun

id do it on my phone. i did it at philip island for the cars going round the track, really good quality.

id do it on my phone. i did it at philip island for the cars going round the track, really good quality.
    and then you tried to send it to whiteballz while he was stuck in school
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

you c*nts.

bloody evil bastards.. why the hell didnt you just kidnap me!

SOFT!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Yes i remember the cars you showed me at phillip island.

WhiteBallz cruel they so cruel to you

S-O-F-T is buying a non turbo Sil...

nah not really im happy about the deposit

Thread Information