Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi 380 series 2 released 28th april

Mitsubishi 380 series 2 released 28th april

Refunds as price falls on the 380

By BRYAN LITTLELY
    28apr06

MITSUBISHI 380 owners will be offered refunds of up to $2000 by the Adelaide carmaker as it today drops prices and introduces a second series of the car.

The base model 380 will now be $6500 cheaper than last year's launch price as the company continues to struggle in the big car market.

Mitsubishi has introduced a new base model 380, the ES, the manual selling for $27,990 and the automatic for $29,990.

About 1500 retail buyers are expected to get the cashback offer - or an extended warranty and refund mix - as a goodwill gesture based on the lower prices now being offered new buyers.

Mitsubishi also will talk to commercial buyers about compensation.

About 30 more jobs will be shed at the Tonsley Park plant, with production of the 380 to be reduced to 75 a day by June.

Mitsubishi now plans to build about 20,000 of the cars in its first year - down from an initial planned production of 32,500.

Series 2 comes about six months into the model's life and after little more than 6400 of the cars have been sold.

But Mitsubishi Motors Australia president and chief executive officer Robert McEniry said yesterday the new 380 models and new pricing across the Mitsubishi range would make the company the most competitive in each of its market segments.

"The revolution is here and the Mac Attack has begun," Mr McEniry said after outlining his plan for growth of Mitsubishi Motors Australia.

He believes repositioning pricing across a wide range of models - bringing the cheapest of the 380s down to $27,990 will help turn around the brand's fortunes.

"The 380 is an outstanding product and our (Tonsley) plant is manufacturing at high levels," Mr McEniry said.

"The only problem with the 380 is that right now we're not selling enough. But it's not an orphan, we're not selling enough of all of our cars."

Mitsubishi has also dropped the permanent price of its Outlander LS SUV to $29,990, down by $2500, and the Lancer ES 2.4 litre at $19,990.

The new Colt range will be offered at a competitive price, and the Pajero VRX will be the "hero" for that model at $49,990, Mr McEniry said.

He also alluded to the carmaker investigating a four-cylinder engine option for the 380 and said that talks with Malaysian carmaker Proton about export opportunities were progressing.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...5E2682,00.html

Soon you'll be able to get one with your fish and chips!

Or buy one get one free

Some comments in there sound very familiar to when the 380 was first unveiled.
    But Mitsubishi Motors Australia president and chief executive officer Robert McEniry said yesterday the new 380 models and new pricing across the Mitsubishi range would make the company the most competitive in each of its market segments.
    This sounds familiar.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

its true, they are going to talk it up, like they did originally, i think they will be a lot more successfull with this one though, each model has dropped $2000 and i think the new SX model for 32 990 will be popular, it has a lot of the stuff you can get in a VRX, which was theyre previous most popular model i believe selling for 39 990? not 100% sure, then consider this, commodore executive price is 33 990, that doesnt include air conditioning, 6 cd stacker.. not sure about alloy wheels... for someone looking for a basic v6, i think the 380 has become fairly competitive
    Last edited by thatdbeme; 04-28-2006 at 07:16 PM.

I wonder what sort of deals Mitsubishi will be doing, my guess is they'll try keep the prices solid, whilst Ford and Holden will be happy to knock off $6K from the asking price.

Either way i'd expect just as many people to be put off by this than those that are attracted. The 380's a decent enough car, but MMAL is clearly in trouble and now theyre telling the world
    I am the Stig

Do you mean like when there is 2 PC's for sale and they seem the same but you wonder why is it one is 30% cheaper then the other, Does it have build issues maybe bad warranty desperate or something like that?.
    It might work the same but is it generic parts of lower standards?. Mitsubishi is in hard time they might not be here much longer so maybe they are that cheap because there going down hill?. Things like that people might think of.

Almost, but a Commodore or Falcon havent sold for $28K in 10 years. Thats 4cyl Camry pricing
    I am the Stig

If falcon and commodore were sold tomorrow at $27,000 do you think everyone would think they are taking off

So they are reloading there guns and trying to get some off the 4cyl Camry and not so much the big 2 now It's tuffer then the thought.

its a shame, the 380 really is a nice car to drive. If i was buying a daily driver i wouldnt mind going for one (besides them being a bit outside my price range.)
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Almost, but a Commodore or Falcon havent sold for $28K in 10 years. Thats 4cyl Camry pricing
    http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Fo...lcon-XT-BF.cfm

haha..

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Ford and Holden will be happy to knock off $6K from the asking price.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I wonder what sort of deals Mitsubishi will be doing, my guess is they'll try keep the prices solid, whilst Ford and Holden will be happy to knock off $6K from the asking price.
    it certainly will keep all aussie manufacturers honest

im not sure why then the others havent dropped their RRP since they havent been selling them for that cost for a couple of years... the funniest thing is the base model commodore not having air con standard... i wonder how cars they sell without it?

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme

im not sure why then the others havent dropped their RRP since they havent been selling them for that cost for a couple of years... the funniest thing is the base model commodore not having air con standard... i wonder how cars they sell without it?
    I would think over the last 10 years none but early on they would have had some forsure.

I think its because Comodes are largely fleet cars...and then they're heavily discounted.

I dont think private sales count that much as far as the Exec goes.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

I dont think Ford and Holden will be worried at all to be honest. They probably know well now the position Mitsubishi's in, and im willing to bet its not a 10 year plan theyre working on

Anyway, i already said twice now Ford and Holden have been knocking off $6K on some of their cars, you can probably get more if you know how to haggle.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information