Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iso Grifo!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by austin healey
    I know, that it used the 327 vette but they used styling cues form the vette
    Are you blind?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

are you joking a vette vs. a grifo it would be a blowout and by the way the most expensive ferrari was a 1958 250 testarossa v12
    i like it when you call me big mommy.

are you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

let me tell you something sei I did know all that but the vette was lighter and smaller with just as big an engine and, now dont ge me wrong i love the grifo more than the vette it is nicer but the vette creams it in a race.

are you joking a vette vs. a grifo it would be a blowout and by the way the most expensive ferrari was a 1958 250 testarossa v12
    You are wrong.

let me tell you something sei I did know all that but the vette was lighter and smaller with just as big an engine and, now dont ge me wrong i love the grifo more than the vette it is nicer but the vette creams it in a race.
    You are wrong.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Both were presented in '63, so there's not much chance of one copying the other.
    That simply isn't the point of the car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    That simply isn't the point of the car.
    Nor is it of any car the point of a car is transportation only some do it in a fancy way

Bizzarini's following...

Quote Originally Posted by Sei cilindri View Post
    well mister healey

In another thread we have learned not to take your postings too seriously
    Whith this remark you prove that you have very little knowlidge about your classics or are the grapes sour since you are not able to buy one once you will have mastered driving ?

Let me enlighten you:

The Iso Grifo was not based on the Corvette
    Yes it did use a Corvette engine (later Ford) which were modified to make it more reliable since europeans and specially the germans reved the engine more on the "autobahn" and the GM V8's couldn't cope with those continious high revs

As for the chassis: this was developed by Giotto Bizzarini, the best engineer ever to work for Ferrari before he walked out with the "palice" revolution.
    He was responsible u.o. for the most expensive Ferrari ever :the 250GTO
    He also did such cars as the 250 "breadvan" , an ugly car but darn quick !

After the Iso project he was responsible for the famous Lamborghini V12 engine that graced such cars as the 400 and Miura, the best sounding engine ever.

It was this brilliant engineer that developed a chassis that was able to corner at (high) speeds, something the contempory Corvette was never able to do

He went one step further and proved it by producing a racing version which he raced under his own name at such events as Le Mans (Bizzarini 5300 . Iso Grifo A3/C)

I do not know where you get the idea that that the contempory Corvette top speed was higher but the top speed of the Grifo varies ,depending on the engine and axle, from 240 km/h to 300 km/h (!) timed on the autostrada between milano and turin and all this while still making it good to handle at these speeds
    I want to see a standard contempory Corvette see do that.

To top it all off the body was designed by the famous Bertone design house and specificly by Marcello Gandini who was also responsible for e.g. the Lamborghini Countach.
    He managed to make it a spectacular timeless design which still makes it very collectable. Isn't this why you wanted it at the first place ??

So you see my friend, it is not at all based on the Corvette , it just uses its modified power source
    I would hardly call a Armani suit based on a Sears suit just because it might have the same thread manufacturer....
    Many Formula One and GT race car drivers owned as their personal car Bizzarini creations. The late Formula One driver Ronnie Peterson from Sweden was one of them. He chose the Bizzarini 5300 for it's amazing handling capabilities and he sure was picky since he was wheeling the Lotus Formula One cars on a daily basis.

Lars

Quote Originally Posted by larslindroth View Post
    Many Formula One and GT race car drivers owned as their personal car Bizzarini creations. The late Formula One driver Ronnie Peterson from Sweden was one of them. He chose the Bizzarini 5300 for it's amazing handling capabilities and he sure was picky since he was wheeling the Lotus Formula One cars on a daily basis.

Lars
    Hi Lars, welcome to UCP. Somehow your name sounds familiar. Are you somewhere active in the automotive scene? (or do you post on other fora)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's so nice photos.

Let me add some: 1996 Iso Griffo 96 Prototype (a mock-up I think) !
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

Let's say it isn't quite as good as the original...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information