Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEON lights & and hydraulics In Australia

my brother has the idea that since neons are illegal in some circumstances, he's going to get coloured fluro lights underneath the car or something along those lines. i wouldnt really bother with the whole glowing light idea to begin with......
    I am the Stig

Well idont get it...you cant see them and i think it just looks really silly...although with a normal colour and all providing it doesnt black acsess to any parts i can see some pluses for working under neather the car prehaps....

as far as purpose goes, neons or any other under car lighting is about as effective as a 3' GT spoiler on a civic. But if your one to stuff your boot full of 12" sub woofers, amplifiers ETC and still have your stock 150hp lug around 300kg of extra stereo, then i suppose whats the harm of fitting a couple of neon tubes around the car in suitable positions. the car already had enough wank appeal to begin with so i mean, theres no extra harm done surely
    I am the Stig

You obviously havent been paying attention to need for speed underground...it give the car style maaaaaaaaaate

u know for a game with such great detail in the scenery and detail put into all the cars, they really picked a shit of a thing to go racing over. the game's still behind GT3 in terms of detail though, and GT4 should blow the competition away again
    I am the Stig

And on NFSU the cars are so easy to drive its a bit pathetic, and boring.

You guys FPV_GTHO and Falcon500 seem to be the kings of going off topic!

try turning the stability control off. i dont know whether you could say its more lifelike or just harder, but it makes it funny watching the car trying to take high speed corners.

i think Matra could take the king of going off topic now, he started us all talking about beer in a territory thread
    I am the Stig

Already done that. It lacks real involvement you just move round corners rather than really corner them and I always think a car on a game should have a little bodyroll just to make it interesting. Plus when you try to drift a bit through corners mostly you just spin out of control.

what do you mean no body roll, i mustve had my MX-5 lift the front inside wheel a dozen times

another thing they botched in the game, the FWD Focus gets off the line faster then the RWD MX-5. its stupid enough that they try make the FWD cars as competitive as the rest but to make them faster off the line is damned ridiculous
    I am the Stig

its a game... there suppose to be things that are unreallistic, in NFS3 i made a car go over 1000mph then my processor burnt out so i couldn't do that any more (other wise my dad would have killed me but thats beside the point ).

it would be a glitch, in GT2 theres a particular part of the armco that if you hit with a car you go off track, and my brother got the Escudo pike peak going over 600km/h.

well be it a game or not, simulation or arcade, theyve gone out of their way to try and put as much car and scenery detail in as possible as well as replicate the street import tuning scene, you would think that they wouldnt give you ficticious hopes that FWD cars simply launch faster than RWD cars. any car buff should know it takes alot of effort to make any performance FWD car launch smoothly, let alone a high horspower tuned import
    I am the Stig

One strange thing about GT2 is alsomy spoon honda...fully modified the car literally bounces across the road when you hit some of its very high speed...and while it is quite hard to controll whiledoing this it is still unrealisitcally easy to controll while its jumping around like a grasshopper that landed on a bbq....while i fun i never take these games seriously...

i used to have heaps of problems like that through GT2 and even in GT3, and its only now that im trying to go through all the cars on GT3 and get them to handle nicely. i used to only drop the suspension but now on all my FWD cars im stiffening up the rear springs and basically playing around with the LSD, brake balance and damper bound and rebound. so far its working. the whole gran turismo series, throughout its development has always been about being as realistic as possible, so whilst on underground the focus out accelerates an MX-5 to 20km/h, in any gran turismo game, the MX-5 would have the focus from the start ec.
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 04-26-2004 at 05:36 AM.
    I am the Stig

I see what you mean by Underground being unrealistic as i have it although it's still a great game. And with the Focus maybe it is just capable of having more mods done to it so they make it faster it's possible
    320kw Ford DJR falcon
    Ford = FIRST ON RACE DAY

FWD's get to a point where unless theres something intervening, they'll just sit there spinning the wheels. its mainly to do with weight transfer, as when you floor it all the weight tries to stay in the same place so it goes over the pack wheels with some help from the suspension, which leaves no weight over the driving wheels so they just lose traction. even the 160kw focus RS had alot of trouble launching until ford designed a special differential for it that makes you think twice when cornering
    I am the Stig

Thread Information