7 22.58%
  • Civic Si

3 9.68%
  • Mazdaspeed6

5 16.13%
  • Other (specify)

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 20 to 28 thousand dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    which of course is not available in the USA
    I'd prefer to import it myself rather than drive an awful American saloon with an asmathic engine, rubbish interior, no styling at all and no sense that it was designed as nothing more thant a way of transporting people from A to B...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Mazda, there are less of then and they look great, that new offer of 4wd is great and it's still a 5 person car with good space.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

CIVIC Si its looking bad to the bone
    ________
    LIVE SEX
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.

i'd take an R32, but its not sold in America, so it'd prob be a golf gti?? maybe a Mazda mx-5 2.0 even though its not "practical"

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    just checked, The Volvo cost 45000 US$, the Mazda more than 60,000, the Honda is not available in this edition, the Subaru is 40,000, an the Jetta just over 40,000. Just another example how cheap cars are being sold in the USA...
    On the basis of our prices I would most likely take the Jetta, and taking into account fuel costs, in a diesel version...
    In >approx< terms, hereabouts the Volvo V40 T5 AWD is $42,500. Mazda6 MPS is $37,000, Honda Si not sold, WRX is $31,000 and Jetta FSI Turbo at $30k

Given the poll requirement for a compact 4 seater sports I'd lean towards Ford Focus XR5 (Volvo T5 engine but FWD) at an impressive $25,000 but its sold out for 6 months. Renault's funky Megane 225 is $30,000

For relativity a big Falcon XR6 sedan with optional LPG is around $30,000. The XR6 Turbo version with 329hp is $33k

(All the above prices are roughly converted into US$ and include most local taxes)

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk
    In Denmark the Yaris ranges from 26.540-44286 US $

'Nuff said.

Yaris from about US$10k (1.3 litre 3-door) to $14,000 for 1.5 YRS auto sedan

If it has to be new, Id personally side with a Mustang GT. High 13 second car, sounds amazing, huge/inexpencive aftermarket. Out of that list though, I would probably go with the WRX, sounds good, decently quick, and doesnt look too bad.

Gotta be the Rexy boy. Good resale if you take car of it, easy, simple modifications give good performance gains and if you look after, while go for a LONG time
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I chose the Honda Si based on everyday usability. I thought the MazdaSpeed would be expensive since it's supposed to compete with the Subaru Legacy/Liberty but it's actually surprising that it's so cheap. It is probably the best performing car in the set. The Si isn't sold in Europe but the Type R is a very quick fix.

The Civic Si because its the cheapest and most reliable of all them with a 8000rpms, and less high maintainance, keep more change in 'your pocket'. Looks fantastic in real life, pecially the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I'd prefer to import it myself rather than drive an awful American saloon with an asmathic engine, rubbish interior, no styling at all and no sense that it was designed as nothing more thant a way of transporting people from A to B...
    What American engine in asmathic in campariso to a Citroen's?

lol mazdaspeed cleans up with performance, but ill take an Si, OR my Other choice a TSX

the 6 MPS isn't anywhere near as quick as a Rex
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i thought the wrx was in another league, miles away?!

Performancewise the WRX is the champ here. Even having less power than the Mazdaspeed6 it can out perform it. Also, it shares its 2.5 flat-four with the mighty STI, and with a little tuning magic, for not so much cash, it can become even faster.

But these are all capable cars, if not quite as quick as the WRX they excel at something. For speed though, the WRX is probably the best choice. The Si is economical, utterly reliable and quick. The Jetta has the new FSi direct injection power-plant and Teutonic solidity. The Volvo is very charming and capable with it's inline-5, a light pressure turbo, AWD and an interior that's maybe best in class. The 6 may even challenge the WRX in performance but it's more of a sports sedan for adults, not quite as cut and run. So, each has some tactical advantage over the others.

I can't quite pick which is my favorite here. All said, you can't go wrong with any of them. For me it's a close tie between the AWDs.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Volvo and 6 are completely out of my reach. I'd take the Subaru for sure... AWD, 0-60 in the 5s.

Thread Information