7 22.58%
  • Civic Si

3 9.68%
  • Mazdaspeed6

5 16.13%
  • Other (specify)

6 19.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 20 to 28 thousand dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Here the Evo IX costs exaclt 44.900€ which tranlsates to $57,164.
    There is a stripped down, price leader version in the US for $28,700, the RS model. This model costs almost exactly half of its Euro counterpart.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    In the US, Evo IX MSRP range from around $31,000 to $38,000, which converts to 113,770---139,460 dhs. Still cheaper in the US but the difference isn't enormous; unlike Europe where it's probably priced twice as much.
    One difference: We get the European version, not the American. Booyah.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    One difference: We get the European version, not the American. Booyah.
    Then you are ahead, I guess. What are the differences in the car? I think the cars are the same. They just started sending Rally-inspired AWD rockets to the States a couple of years ago. I doubt they'd engineer or de-engineer it for sale in America...

All of them get the 2.0 litre turbo with 286 hp.
    The Lancer Evolution sedan is available in three trims: base IX, RS and MR Edition. The base Evo offers features such as 17-inch Enkei wheels; air conditioning; power windows, mirrors and locks; a CD player; and a tilt steering wheel. The RS edition is essentially a stripped-down club racer iteration of the standard car for those who want the most bang for the least amount of buck. It lacks amenities like power windows and locks and has thinner sheet metal and aluminum panels to reduce curb weight (about 50 pounds less than the base Evo). The top-line MR Edition includes Bilstein shocks, BBS wheels, HID headlights, exclusive trim pieces and unique badging. Options, depending on the trim level, include leather seating, a 315-watt Infinity sound system, an in-dash six-CD changer, a power sunroof and a carbon-fiber rear spoiler.
    ~from edmunds.com
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Something to do with the bodykit extras. Put side by side the Euro would seem that bit longer. I have some photos to compare but I'll put 'em on later.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Probably take the WRX. If i was looking for something more comfortable, i'd probably also want something larger so i'd look at an XR6T, which as nota pointed out isnt too much more of a stretch
    I suspect that WRXs have too much of a typecast profile for me to enjoy one long-term. I'm sure I'd enjoy driving a WRX for a few weeks but reckon I'd eventually tire of the ownership hassles

By hassles I mean its inevitable high profile with the cops - subtle it aint so say goodbye not just to discrete speeding, but discrete motoring in general. And perhaps hassles from the criminals too. As you know, it's such a crook magnet that every (AU spec) WRX requires its owners to key in a personal code every time they want to start their car, which itself only enhances the related (and not unknown) perils of carjacking. If you manage to avoid that lot then there's the ever-present vandal brigade to consider, as well as the risk of being even remotely associated with reverse-headwear "Yo Momma!" hoons and rabble

By most accounts WRXs ride like a dray, so sayonara to ride comfort. Say goodbye to all quiet comforts. I've grown tired of sports seats that demand you sit in a supposed 'ergonomically perfect' position ALL the time, with no option of adjusting your spine. I wouldn't want to live with all these compromises day to day. Perhaps I'm just getting old ..

Old enough to realise that, out of this list, the refined & well-trimmed Volvo (god help me) or Mazda would be more to my preference for a liveable daily driver. These AWDs ask less compromises of me as a driver - and as an owner. However I would not stoop to compromise into the FWD Honda

Like you, if the choices were to include larger performance sedans I'd likely choose a roomy and well balanced rear-driver like Falcon over this selection, either XR6T or the even more potent FPV Typhoon. And as mundane as it sounds at least you get a proper spare wheel with these vehicles. I would never consider buying a daily driver if it had runflats or spacesaver

Btw I've re-edited my post #32 of performance specs to include Falcon, for the benefit of overseas members

Get a second hand Mitsubishi EVO

Thread Information