Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 price.. and more

The big change you're thinking of is to digital TV. In Australia, the change over to digital TV isn't happening till 2009 IIRC. And that's just to digital. No government is going to force HDTV upon a country in the next 4 or 5 years, that's stupidity beyond stupidity.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    The only state-of-the-art processor in my mind is either dual-core 64-bit S939 or AM2. And the only state-of-the-art graphics hardware would be nVidia G80 prototype along with DX10.

Are you guys gonna ever stop debating? Just get what you want and see the difference yourself instead of arguing over assumptions.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    The big change you're thinking of is to digital TV. In Australia, the change over to digital TV isn't happening till 2009 IIRC. And that's just to digital. No government is going to force HDTV upon a country in the next 4 or 5 years, that's stupidity beyond stupidity.
    Esp with China taking on more and more of the TV production.
    it would be financial ruin for a nation to FORCE a fast switch to HD !!!
    Their balance of trade would hemorrhage for those couple of years
    Letting it switch over a number of years and driven by market forces is much more sensible.
    As was said, I think confusion over switch to digital ( WHich DOES have advantages by speeding up as old analog transmitters can be switched off )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Force???

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    Force???
    "HAVE TO CHANGE" ... post #60

. that's a "force" by someone or something isn't it or you woudln't HAVE to ......

so what DID you mean ???
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Comparison for the 360 vs PS3 are in the IGN website.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html

enjoy, i read it again, I made a mistake, the ps3 was outspeced in comparions

The Nintendo confrence was great, im thinking the Wii years are were they will shine. Why? They offer true innovation with the controler, and innovation with the way they are approaching the next generation console war - they have said that are not competing against Microsoft or Sony, a brave statement and thier direction is brave. They have opted for gameplay over graphics, and why the hell not. Its a move that could spell success. Real gamers know through and through gameplay still overpowers graphics any day of the week. When you sit down and think about it - its the enjoyment factor that wins through.

200gb games? Their wont be any time soon, Oblivion is (i think) the largest game available at the moment, at least on a next generation console, and im confident it is across the gaming market as well. It uses a standard 360 DVD, and that game is fecking huge. How big do you want the games to be?

Yes, yes yes, alot of people DO but a console becasue of exterior pyschical aesthetics, why wouldn't they? Today, a piece of equipment like that is now treated as a piece of "electronic furniture". A contemporary piece of art that sits proudly upon a tellie desk or carpet floor.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Makes me laugh that Nintendo called it "Wii"

So if you walk into a gaming shop and you say;

"I would like a Wii please"...

they would have security on you in a flash, or they'll just hand you a bucket, 1 of the 2
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Hey, my Wii has some problems!!

Discolouration, painful?

No no, my wii started making noises, then made a big bang!!

What??

Yes!, well from there...my Wii kept making noises, then it caught on fire, i was too shocked to do anythiny and watched my Wii melt

Wii....melt?

Yer, its ok my Wii is fully insuranced. New Wii coming its way.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    I laughed for so long, one of the greatest rant's from a fanboy i've seen in a very long time, its as if you've found comfort in bullshitting from point to point without any consideration for the truth. Firstly, the specifications you have released are truly misunderstood and mis-interpretated.

Remember pre ps2 lauch? The emotion engine was being tauted as the next best thing to sliced bread. Post ps2, people liked the console, but dissapointed with Sony not living up to it's promises. Its happened before and it will happen again. The specs of the Ps3 are more so marketing propoganda for fanboys like YOU to go "omg that number is bigger than what they show on the 360 box, ps3 is l336 ownage over MS!"

Well let me see. Its been shown the specs by sony are at the dev kit running with all cores at 100% activity. During normal gameplay this will never, ever happen. Furthermore, IGN had run a legitemate comparison on the latest ps3 dev kit vs. the 360. Guess what, suprise suprise. Very close comparion, with the 360 excelling in some area's, and the Ps3 in others. Overall, the ps3 was 5% more powerful.

Furthermore IGN cast mentioned that at the latest E3, the 360 games looked better, and felt better than those shown over at the Sony area. Another bonus to Microsoft. Sony is one hell of a "scammer" with its marketing and other ploys to fool people it's something that it isn't. It is not revolutionary or innovation. What about it is? Please tell me, im dying to know! For revolution and innovation the Wii is miles ahead - cheaper, sleeker, an insane controller and a full back catalogue of games.

The ps3 is larger than the 360, and no doubt will be noiser. All versions save for the black look ugly, its like the George Forman grill meets my kitchen fridge. Blu-ray is still on edge, and with the base ps3 package you won't be able to fully utilize blu ray quality without a proper HD television. All of the internet and usb facilities you pointed out are available on the 360 already. Its cheaper.

Who really cares about Microsoft's next console? Who does? It's so far away that its silly to even talk about it. The sony is NOT like a lotus, its more of a Skyline - overweight, but powerful. People buy it because of its image in society.

Oh and your spec's about the Cell, they are wrong, much wrong. There are 6 individual processors, not one single "cell" that is 3.2Ghz. I think you should check your sources next time

The ball is in your court, I have countered everything you have said in a appropriate and orderly manner, lets see if you can do the same.

In summary. The 360 is the only next gen console out NOW, its the console that has the bragging rights because its actually out in the market. Sony hasn't given us thier product yet, its over-rated albiet as thier confrence showed games that didn't look better than anything out on the 360 this year. The Wii is fantastic, cheap, a true next generation console with something to bring to the table.
    Nice post, I especially enjoyed the Skyline simile, which seems to be accurate as every time there is a console discussion PS-fanboys appear out of nowhere.
    First off I hate debates.
    If you want to avoid them or at least make sure they go your way, perhaps you shouldn't have posted such nonsense as you have in this thread.
    I personally see a difference from GT4 to the new HD.
    I found this comment quite funny, it's pretty impressive to see Sony come out with a 600$ console that in the future almost shows a clear visual improvement to the PS2(!) (Which infact got outdated about 5 years ago )
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

do you think that the ps3 is going to revoloutionize the gaming industry???

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Honestly, very few X360 titles interest me, unlike PS3's games, which interests me the most, such as The Getaway, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, and more. In the long run, PS3 will cost less as X360 owners will have to continuously pay for online subscriptions. I always think Sony is more creative in a lot of ways, like the Eyetoy for example, or using one-of-the-kind controllers like Time Crisis. Playstation has always been a nice balance of graphics and gameplay.

I'm not saying that it's the best, but it does fit me the best as a console.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Comparison for the 360 vs PS3 are in the IGN website.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p3.html

enjoy, i read it again, I made a mistake, the ps3 was outspeced in comparions
    That comparison was made BY microsoft, not by IGN. Ofcourse in microsofts veiw the PS3 is outspec'd!!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Better Resolution or not, we are all going to have to change into HDTV. I am pretty sure there is a huge change over scheduled sometime between 2007-2009. It was predated for 2004 then moved to 2006. Also, I think we have to keep in mind that even if we see mario bros. 1 in HD it won't change unless the developers change it (if the picture is in HD it is better pixelated for a bigger Television...if not HD then the game will look like a non-HDTV channel on a big screen TV...and there is no worry about an HD game signal to your TV...the PS3 should convert it automatically over because it handles multiple resolutions)
    How will the PS3 automatically convert resolution for your TV? Video cables (Component, Composite, BNC, S-Video, SRGB, RGBHV, I can go on) are one way. HDMI may be able to send a signal back to the PS3, I don't know for sure, but 1) Your TV would have to have it to begin with and 2) You'd have to buy the full spec, $1000AUD model to even get HDMI. I'm not even so sure that HDMI would do send a resolution signal, as it's obviously been developed before the PS3 as it's just starting to be fitted to retail devices, and it's been designed to connect to devices like DVD players and Home Theatre systems, SD and HD Digital Set top boxes, and digital still and video cameras.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Personally, I cant understand the stupidity about arguing over 2 consoles, one of which hasnt even been released!!! Numbers dont say shit, Im sick of people pulling up specs and drawing their conclusions from the RAM or the GPU specs. Its stupid. Wait until the console is released before you start telling people that the PS3 or 360 is superior!!

I hear alot of people say various things about who is better. Its not just about how pretty the game looks anymore. Theres so much more to consider, like the online play, the multimedia possibilities, the controllers (motion or not?)...the list goes on.

If i was to say who i THINK is better at this point, it is the PS3 for alot of reasons. The main reason being that the launch titles for the PS3 look as good as the upcoming 360 games. (If you dont understand how that works that then ask someone cos i cant be bothered to explain.)

The PS3 also has the Blu Ray. That IS next gen. 360 is a next gen system using last gen storage. Woot!!

But Xbox live is so well established now, and it will interact with vista. Sony are going to have to go through the whole online learning curve which could hurt them. Although i still expect it to be good.

If it comes down to the controllers sony wins. If it comes down to online 360 wins. if it comes down to graphics, then around this time next year i predict sony wins. If it comes down to multimedia sony wins. If it comes down to fanbase sony wins. If it comes down to storage medium sony wins(Blu Ray). If it comes down to price, 360 wins. if it comes down to value, IMO sony wins. And if it comes down to the most important aspect, games, i would think that sony wins.

Then again Microsoft could pull up some major kick ass moves. The latest being GTA4 released simultaneously on PS3 and 360. Other than that sony looks to be in a good position. Their fanbase is so strong. While microsoft try to grab new buyers, sony has an army of fanboys (100 times the size of 360s) armed with $600+ waiting for november.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 05-12-2006 at 08:21 PM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Yes PS3 has Blu-Ray, but Microsoft is going to start selling an external HD-DVD drive for the 360. No one knows which format is gonna win.
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information