Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 price.. and more

Nintendo's are cheap because they don't have any good games. If somehow they lose the Zelda series, they'll have nuttin'

Priced a little high but like the PSP, it'll be a cut above the competition. The
    PS3 is supposed to be more than just a console, it's designed to be part of an integrated home-entertainment system, with other Sony products of course.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Nintendo's are cheap because they don't have any good games. If somehow they lose the Zelda series, they'll have nuttin'
    ...and what Nintendo games have you played in the last 5 years? No offence but somehow I get the feeling you are saying this of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The PS3 is supposed to be more than just a console, it's designed to be part of an integrated home-entertainment system
    That's what every console manufacturer has been saying for years.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Well from the E3 expo PS3 GT5 is the same which is what the main guy said so i dont see it competeing against forza 2 for sure
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    ...and what Nintendo games have you played in the last 5 years? No offence but somehow I get the feeling you are saying this of ignorance.
    Well I wouldn't say complete ignorance but yeah I don't have a Gamecube. Didn't get it because of it's kiddy image. Still my brother had one and other than a 1st-person action game that was unnaturally violent, to shake the kiddy image, most of the games were boring. The only game I liked had an army of ant-like creatures you command. Also, I don't think they have any decent racing games. This was a couple of years ago...are you psychic?

That's what every console manufacturer has been saying for years.
    Yeah, but the difference is Sony will make it happen with the PS3.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    motion sensitve controller is NOT a new idea and NOT invented by Nintendo.
    MICROSOFT produced a gamepad with motion sensors years and YEARS ago.
    I still use it on bike racing sims as it's more natural to "move" the rider for me
    Do you remember the Powerglove controller?

so will be there damage in GT5? I want to smash up an Impreza
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    so will be there damage in GT5? I want to smash up an Impreza
    I would go into a skyline race w/ 40 competitors, and turn it into a demolition derby. Oh, I can see it now.. death to the GT-R.

I hope the GT5 team arent resting on their laurels, thinking theyve got a fan base who will buy it no matter what... with the pricing being aimed at, would be an absolute scam if it just turned out to be a graphically better GT4. Needs extras to make it worthwhile.

Saying that, I cant see myself not buying it! I might mope and moan for a bit, but I will still end up getting it!! Contradicting myself! Dammit!! Theyve got us right where they want us!
    Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    thinking theyve got a fan base who will buy it no matter what...
    Unfortunately this is the case.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

when GT5 comes out, I will buy a PS3, the only good reason to have a playstation is because of Gran Turismo

hopefully they can't get GT5 out together with the PS3, but after 6 months or so.. with hopefully a PS3 for $100-$200 less
    Driver for the Team Ultimatecarpage.competition GTR Evolution racing team.

I'll probably get a PS3 by 2010-2012....when PS4 will be on the horizon....then I'll get GT5....

says the guy who bought a PS2 with GT4 2 weeks ago....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I was actually fighting myself to stay out of this thread because of the crap I have succumb to already with the gaming industry bastards (please no questions about it), but here it is...

Playstation 3 is a total reinvention and innovation. As said above and before it is expensive as hell but it is a damn well good bargain for what you get. Blue Ray is the way of the future and believe it or not DVDs are going to be out the door. A Blue Ray disc can hold anywhere from 10gigs to 200gigs easily (imagine a game with 50gigs of information on it-and you actually think sony is going to reveal all its secrets at E3...it'll be on a commercial or CNN). Now as for the future, PS3 is capable of so much more than just games. It will be a Home Entertainment Unit for everyone in the home, not just for kids or someone 'kid at heart'. In other words, with it's new STATE OF THE ART 'CELL' CPU, it will play games, watch movies and possibly record (if the specs change before release-never know), view pictures from memory cards (compact flash, SD, and the sort), ethernet, blue tooth, WiFi with Involved Interaction w/PSP (with the PSP you can already Hack out the internet-the PS3 has the same interface-you do the math), and I can go on.

Now, as for spending the same cash or better yet a hundred more (I’ll even give 200 more for fun) and getting a so-called "High End Gaming PC"...well I am sorry it cannot even be done. Not even conceived! I am not referring to part per part purchase and building it yourself with Bill Gates' ghetto Windoze platform Operating System (or even his supposedly better top secret 'longhorn project' new XP filled w/bugs)...I am referring to the fact that it is almost near impossible to get the same so-called performance that you guys say you can receive.

I know that some of you have no idea what I just said or are confused and have fainted and started foaming at the mouth for unspecific reasons. Well upon waking up from your daze/haze scroll to this point.

-----------------------------

Every single platform in the WORLD that plays games has to have a way of measuring it's potential to play future games and an approximate equation for measurement to max out the systems capabilities over a duration of its time on the market.

The Measurement they use is called a GIGAFLOP---EVERYONE WRITE THAT WORD DOWN ON YOUR FOREHEAD BACKWARDS---

As for the people who have passed out again a gigaflop calculation is like the power to weight ratio of car, but it is 100% accurate and is used all the time when even possibly creating a game. For example: When Playstation 3 first debuts we will only see 10% to maybe 50% of total gigaflop usage until XBOX replaces it's defunct system.

So here are the stats of each system and THIS explains why the '3gypsy' overheated all the time (they maxed out their performance too early-be prepared to see ONLY ONE new XBOX very soon-late 2006 early 2007-to compete with sony):

Sony Playstation 2: 6.2 gigaflops/sec @ 300MHz (Emotion Engine)

XBOX: 2.9 gigaflops/sec @ 733MHz

Sony Playstation 3: 218 gigaflops/sec @ 3.2GHz (new CELL CPU)

XBOX 360: 80 gigaflops/sec @ 3.2 GHz

The most amount of Gigaflops that be calculated out of a possible 'built up' gaming pc running under windows would be about 3 to 10 at 4GHz.

Here is a little definition to some of the people that passed out on what the numbers above mean and pretty much the summation of everything I've mentioned above (all thanks to Colin Chapman):

As you can see, a sony is a lot like a lotus-extremely light weight and fast, with a futuristic design, and can use the same design to out perform it's competitors over a long haul (so the first sony playstation is like the esprit whereas the third is like the Elise-the first design lasted for years and sony is trying to do the same this time around by beating the technological curve by bringing new technology to the table)

Say goodbye to the 3gypsy!

P.S.
    It is kind of funny how XBOX is willing to screw with its customers and try and weasel more money out of them by (and guys this is TOO OBVIOUS-they have to do this) having to make another system just to compete with sony's new system. And lets keep in mind of course that the Playstation 3 officially debuted at the same E3 as the XBOX 360...so in actuality Sony had already surpassed Xbox then, and the new RIP-OFF XBOX must have been on the drawing board ever since Playstation 3 released it's specs.

So let's do some quick math of how the 360 is a rip-off even if someone were to by the supposed new one:

$399 -Brand New 2005 XBOX 3gypsy at time of release
    +$500 -New (has to happen-same price as the PS3 to not lose out on profit) 2006-2007 XBOX
    =$899 -Possibly more if you bought your old or possible new system on eBay impatiently

Now let's do sony

$299 -Brand New 2000 Playstation 2 at time of release
    +$500 -New Sony Playstation 3 price
    =$799 -Could be more for eBay buyers

So if I were to presume a better buy I would definitely say the new Sony Playstation 3. Not only are you guaranteed newer up-to-date Technology, you are guaranteed that their company isn't stretching their financial margin to create dumb insignificant products that will be out-dated and a new version to be released every two years and will eventually screw with the customers. Keep in mind folks that when you buy a Sony product you are buying a QUALITY product from a company that has been in business creating gaming platforms longer than Microsoft. And if that doesn't convince you, then look to the bottom left of your screen and if you see a 'start' button, that will tell you that all microsoft is capable of creating is shitty operating systems.

Oh and by the way, when they release their new (possible) XBOX after sony's they should also be releasing another crappy windoze.

-----

Sorry about being so 'rant' on the subject, it is just that numbers don't lie and Bill Gates is going to screw his customers blind ONCE AGAIN and it completely pisses me off!
    Last edited by .M.; 05-12-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    I was actually fighting myself to stay out of this thread because of the crap I have succumb to already with the gaming industry bastards (please no questions about it), but here it is...

Playstation 3 is a total reinvention and innovation. As said above and before it is expensive as hell but it is a damn well good bargain for what you get. Blue Ray is the way of the future and believe it or not DVDs are going to be out the door. A Blue Ray disc can hold anywhere from 10gigs to 200gigs easily (imagine a game with 50gigs of information on it-and you actually think sony is going to reveal all its secrets at E3...it'll be on a commercial or CNN). Now as for the future, PS3 is capable of so much more than just games. It will be a Home Entertainment Unit for everyone in the home, not just for kids or someone 'kid at heart'. In other words, with it's new STATE OF THE ART 'CELL' CPU, it will play games, watch movies and possibly record (if the specs change before release-never know), view pictures from memory cards (compact flash, SD, and the sort), ethernet, blue tooth, WiFi with Involved Interaction w/PSP (with the PSP you can already Hack out the internet-the PS3 has the same interface-you do the math), and I can go on.

Now, as for spending the same cash or better yet a hundred more (I’ll even give 200 more for fun) and getting a so-called "High End Gaming PC"...well I am sorry it cannot even be done. Not even conceived! I am not referring to part per part purchase and building it yourself with Bill Gates' ghetto Windoze platform Operating System (or even his supposedly better top secret 'longhorn project' new XP filled w/bugs)...I am referring to the fact that it is almost near impossible to get the same so-called performance that you guys say you can receive.

I know that some of you have no idea what I just said or are confused and have fainted and started foaming at the mouth for unspecific reasons. Well upon waking up from your daze/haze scroll to this point.

-----------------------------

Every single platform in the WORLD that plays games has to have a way of measuring it's potential to play future games and an approximate equation for measurement to max out the systems capabilities over a duration of its time on the market.

The Measurement they use is called a GIGAFLOP---EVERYONE WRITE THAT WORD DOWN ON YOUR FOREHEAD BACKWARDS---

As for the people who have passed out again a gigaflop calculation is like the power to weight ratio of car, but it is 100% accurate and is used all the time when even possibly creating a game. For example: When Playstation 3 first debuts we will only see 10% to maybe 50% of total gigaflop usage until XBOX replaces it's defunct system.

So here are the stats of each system and THIS explains why the '3gypsy' overheated all the time (they maxed out their performance too early-be prepared to see ONLY ONE new XBOX very soon-late 2006 early 2007-to compete with sony):

Sony Playstation 2: 6.2 gigaflops/sec @ 300MHz (Emotion Engine)

XBOX: 2.9 gigaflops/sec @ 733MHz

Sony Playstation 3: 218 gigaflops/sec @ 3.2GHz (new CELL CPU)

XBOX 360: 80 gigaflops/sec @ 3.2 GHz

The most amount of Gigaflops that be calculated out of a possible 'built up' gaming pc running under windows would be about 3 to 10 at 4GHz.

Here is a little definition to some of the people that passed out on what the numbers above mean and pretty much the summation of everything I've mentioned above (all thanks to Colin Chapman):

As you can see, a sony is a lot like a lotus-extremely light weight and fast, with a futuristic design, and can use the same design to out perform it's competitors over a long haul (so the first sony playstation is like the esprit whereas the third is like the Elise-the first design lasted for years and sony is trying to do the same this time around by beating the technological curve by bringing new technology to the table)

Say goodbye to the 3gypsy!

P.S.
    It is kind of funny how XBOX is willing to screw with its customers and try and weasel more money out of them by (and guys this is TOO OBVIOUS-they have to do this) having to make another system just to compete with sony's new system. And lets keep in mind of course that the Playstation 3 officially debuted at the same E3 as the XBOX 360...so in actuality Sony had already surpassed Xbox then, and the new RIP-OFF XBOX must have been on the drawing board ever since Playstation 3 released it's specs.

So let's do some quick math of how the 360 is a rip-off even if someone were to by the supposed new one:

$399 -Brand New 2005 XBOX 3gypsy at time of release
    +$500 -New (has to happen-same price as the PS3 to not lose out on profit) 2006-2007 XBOX
    =$899 -Possibly more if you bought your old or possible new system on eBay impatiently

Now let's do sony

$299 -Brand New 2000 Playstation 2 at time of release
    +$500 -New Sony Playstation 3 price
    =$799 -Could be more for eBay buyers

So if I were to presume a better buy I would definitely say the new Sony Playstation 3. Not only are you guaranteed newer up-to-date Technology, you are guaranteed that their company isn't stretching their financial margin to create dumb insignificant products that will be out-dated and a new version to be released every two years and will eventually screw with the customers. Keep in mind folks that when you buy a Sony product you are buying a QUALITY product from a company that has been in business creating gaming platforms longer than Microsoft. And if that doesn't convince you, then look to the bottom left of your screen and if you see a 'start' button, that will tell you that all microsoft is capable of creating is shitty operating systems.

Oh and by the way, when they release their new (possible) XBOX after sony's they should also be releasing another crappy windoze.

-----

Sorry about being so 'rant' on the subject, it is just that numbers don't lie and Bill Gates is going to screw his customers blind ONCE AGAIN and it completely pisses me off!

I laughed for so long, one of the greatest rant's from a fanboy i've seen in a very long time, its as if you've found comfort in bullshitting from point to point without any consideration for the truth. Firstly, the specifications you have released are truly misunderstood and mis-interpretated.

Remember pre ps2 lauch? The emotion engine was being tauted as the next best thing to sliced bread. Post ps2, people liked the console, but dissapointed with Sony not living up to it's promises. Its happened before and it will happen again. The specs of the Ps3 are more so marketing propoganda for fanboys like YOU to go "omg that number is bigger than what they show on the 360 box, ps3 is l336 ownage over MS!"

Well let me see. Its been shown the specs by sony are at the dev kit running with all cores at 100% activity. During normal gameplay this will never, ever happen. Furthermore, IGN had run a legitemate comparison on the latest ps3 dev kit vs. the 360. Guess what, suprise suprise. Very close comparion, with the 360 excelling in some area's, and the Ps3 in others. Overall, the ps3 was 5% more powerful.

Furthermore IGN cast mentioned that at the latest E3, the 360 games looked better, and felt better than those shown over at the Sony area. Another bonus to Microsoft. Sony is one hell of a "scammer" with its marketing and other ploys to fool people it's something that it isn't. It is not revolutionary or innovation. What about it is? Please tell me, im dying to know! For revolution and innovation the Wii is miles ahead - cheaper, sleeker, an insane controller and a full back catalogue of games.

The ps3 is larger than the 360, and no doubt will be noiser. All versions save for the black look ugly, its like the George Forman grill meets my kitchen fridge. Blu-ray is still on edge, and with the base ps3 package you won't be able to fully utilize blu ray quality without a proper HD television. All of the internet and usb facilities you pointed out are available on the 360 already. Its cheaper.

Who really cares about Microsoft's next console? Who does? It's so far away that its silly to even talk about it. The sony is NOT like a lotus, its more of a Skyline - overweight, but powerful. People buy it because of its image in society.

Oh and your spec's about the Cell, they are wrong, much wrong. There are 6 individual processors, not one single "cell" that is 3.2Ghz. I think you should check your sources next time

The ball is in your court, I have countered everything you have said in a appropriate and orderly manner, lets see if you can do the same.

In summary. The 360 is the only next gen console out NOW, its the console that has the bragging rights because its actually out in the market. Sony hasn't given us thier product yet, its over-rated albiet as thier confrence showed games that didn't look better than anything out on the 360 this year. The Wii is fantastic, cheap, a true next generation console with something to bring to the table.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Originally Posted by Cotterik
    gran turismo "HD" looks exactly the same as gt4..oh joy
    I had just read this and it just about had a heart attack.

The game is 12 times the resolution of GT4!

TWELVE TIMES!

Quote Originally Posted by .M.
    I had just read this and it just about had a heart attack.

The game is 12 times the resolution of GT4!

TWELVE TIMES!
    well that's useless if no current TV or monitor supports that kind of resolution
    i'll think i'll get a 360 and a Wii for the same price as one PS3 thanks...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information