Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: `Toyota to indroduce "TRD" performance division`

with all the attempts that have been ongoing in toyota and the many complaints on the net about toyota quality. i think that toyota is going under.
    take a look at shares in the company and see what i am talking about
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    with all the attempts that have been ongoing in toyota and the many complaints on the net about toyota quality. i think that toyota is going under.
    Uhhh. What complaints? Toyota's shares are fine. They are a bigger manufacturer than the big three (DaimlerChrysler, Ford, GM)

Oh my. That's new. TRD? I've never heard of that before :rollseyes:
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Oh my. That's new. TRD? I've never heard of that before :rollseyes:
    thanks for you input
    it is new in an australian context, and this is the australian forum

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    If there only after the market of Focus and Astra then how can they ever get to FPV and HSV??
    They need AWD to counter there RWD-Less selfs in large-sedans.
    A large(ish) high powered front wheel drive sedan is not going to sniff at FPV or HSV. Toyotas performance market is more about the younger guys who are into the Fast and Furious type cars. Hatches with turbos. That works way better. Too much front wheel HP is a joke. And not pushing over 250kw through any wheels in a larger car is not going to wow anyone away from 300kw HSVs. Toyota make a good product but if they want a high performance car why not drag out a new Supra? Instead of trying to make their mundane sedans into something they can not be.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Toyota going under? ROFLCOPTER. That's the craziest thing I've heard for a while. And Zytek, GM would still be bigger than Toyota in manufacturing.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

toyota probably have the best rep in terms of reliability of any car company in the world at the moment.
    also they are richest, i heard recently that they fund their F1 program from the interest accrued from their cash holdings. thats a lot of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Toyota going under? ROFLCOPTER. That's the craziest thing I've heard for a while. And Zytek, GM would still be bigger than Toyota in manufacturing.
    Last year, Toyota produced a reported 8.1 million units while GM reported 9.1 million units. On a gross-per-unit basis, GM also wins, so even if Toyota did catch up, the gross value of GM would be larger than Toyota. However, as we all know, GM has serious financlial troubles, and so for now, Toyota is the most profitable albiet smaller manufacturer.
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Resonatrectomy
    127 Kw @ all 4 paws

The highlighted is Signature material
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    A large(ish) high powered front wheel drive sedan is not going to sniff at FPV or HSV. Toyotas performance market is more about the younger guys who are into the Fast and Furious type cars. Hatches with turbos. That works way better. Too much front wheel HP is a joke. And not pushing over 250kw through any wheels in a larger car is not going to wow anyone away from 300kw HSVs. Toyota make a good product but if they want a high performance car why not drag out a new Supra? Instead of trying to make their mundane sedans into something they can not be.
    And just about every car main car in the fast and the furious was RWD or AWD.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden

And just about every car main car in the fast and the furious was RWD or AWD.
    Perhaps I used a little too much licence.
    I really mean the Civic sub culture. If Toyota were to make a AWD Aurion then it may have some legs. May even do as well as the AWD Magna!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    i heard recently that they fund their F1 program from the interest accrued from their cash holdings. thats a lot of interest.
    The same has also been said for Red Bull, and its pretty believable for both. Likewise its been said Toyota could accumulate the funds to "buy out" GM with just a few years profit. Keeping them alive may be a different story however.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Perhaps I used a little too much licence.
    I really mean the Civic sub culture. If Toyota were to make a AWD Aurion then it may have some legs. May even do as well as the AWD Magna!
    Awww...that was harsh!
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Oh cmon, im sure a few of you fell for the AWD magna ads where it effortlessly churns out xr's and ss's
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    Oh cmon, im sure a few of you fell for the AWD magna ads where it effortlessly churns out xr's and ss's
    He's an elderly gent these days but Ross Dunkerton seemed to do more than ok in rallys with his AWD Magna

Quote Originally Posted by mmm_aapls
    Last year, Toyota produced a reported 8.1 million units while GM reported 9.1 million units. On a gross-per-unit basis, GM also wins, so even if Toyota did catch up, the gross value of GM would be larger than Toyota. However, as we all know, GM has serious financlial troubles, and so for now, Toyota is the most profitable albiet smaller manufacturer.
    Wonders what the gross value of GM is .. considering their grossly massive debt vs earnings

I've read that, if all of the arms within the giant Mitsubishi umbrella are considered as one, it is the largest corporation in the world

Thread Information