Thread: First impressions...

First impressions...

Which do you think is faster around the Tsukuba race track, Supra or Evo? It's in Japanese so I can't be sure the Supra's even on Tsukuba, but having circled it a few hundred times in GT4 I'm pretty sure it is. Make a mental note of which you think is faster and then watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwNHT...earch=Top-Gear

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...36390666692286

**For some reason the Supra video is labeled Top Gear???
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I was think Evo before I watched it, I thought they were stock.

But even both are tuner versions, the Evo's still faster around corners and it has a closer-ratio gearbox.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

evo definetly
    in stock form the evo runs just behind or even with the nsx-r on tsukuba
    the supra is too heavy to handle the many tight corners on this track

^ i thought the supra weighed the same as the evo (~1400kg)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

really ?? i was under the impression the supra was the same as a skyline, 1.6 tonnes
    i just checked the supra twin turbo is 3500 pounds, thats more or less 1.6 tonnes

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Supra's just too old for the job.

I remember that the regular version of NSX ran ahead of R34 GT-R, which was ahead of the Evo in one of those Best Motoring episodes. And the NSX-R left the whole pack in the dust.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Who cares!!! Get a pulsar u'l be laughin mate, those things hammer like u wouldnt beleive

i hope you're talking about the GTiR version and not the ensuing FWD tin cans
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

HAHA yeah of course i am! FWD cars just dont cut it like the AWD nos'd turbos

i'd like a GtiR except they have poor reliabilty, crappy brakes, a cheap interior, and poor handling. i mean some of those can be fixed with mods, but spending $3k or so to get it running nicely when it still looks like the biggest crime against automotive design since the aztek doesn't appeal to me.

Well just as well u dont have th emoney to afford to "fix" them (even tho mine hasnt broken down once) so u wont have to worry about hey Just keep drivin ur little for laser

he has an integra for the record and my S14 will run rings around any pulse, AWD or not. NOS in a GtiR? interesting concept...
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by NOS'd_N14
    Well just as well u dont have th emoney to afford to "fix" them (even tho mine hasnt broken down once) so u wont have to worry about hey Just keep drivin ur little for laser
    maybe you got a good one then it's not a problem of money its more that i'm waiting for something more worthwhile to come along. it's not that i dislike the GtiR in itself it's just so damn ugly and for the project i have in mind i can't spare the cash.

Well one thing that cant be fixed is the gearbox they like to part company with the car at high hp situations.....and unlike the wrx or the evo they have excedingly horrible over steernot just a little but a lot (still not as bad as the GT-X familar but i like them both)

But still i dont know where you got the reliability issue from ive never found a problem with the owners i talked too....everything elserings true though. (id like to thank sam the OG for some first hand info on them)
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information