Thread: "New" cars

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.

"New" cars

Well, we've been busy on the car front this week. My Dad got himself an '05 F150 XLT Screw (SuperCrew, in non-Ford parlance) on Friday, to replace his el-strippo Dodge Ram. We actually traded our Sienna in for it. But unfortunately it only has the little 281ci in there, it's a little flat on the power. I was amazed at the room inside and the ride, but the interior (like my Bronco) was kind of a letdown; it was nicely designed and pleasant to look at, but made of that cheap @$$ plastic carmakers love these days. I wasl also disappointed to see only a cd player in there, no tape player for my tape adapter.

Then today, my Ma got an '05 Ford Escape to replace her '04 Sienna AWD. I'm sort of puzzled as to why; the Sienna was just as dowdy, got similar mileage, and was bigger (which is always a plus when we go skiing); if we had played it smart we would have traded the Ram for the F150 straight up and kept the Sienna. She changed her mind at the last minute, we were going to get a Corolla. This one has the same tape adapter problem. I haven't driven it yet because it's in the sh!thouse still, so I have no idea on what it's like.

What's more, they're both the same color as my Bronco! The F150 even has two-toning which is similar to the Bronco's. I'm almost thinking about selling it because they have all but one of the bases covered which had been reasons for my having the Bronco, leaving me with no reason to drive it. If I'm going to get mileage that crappy, I'd rather get it in a '56 Buick or something.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Then today, my Ma got an '05 Ford Escape to replace her '04 Sienna AWD. I'm sort of puzzled as to why
    Because it's American.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Because it's American.
    Doubt it. She's one of the least car-oriented and car brand-specific people I know. Hell, she's Austrian, if anything she should have a thing for German cars.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information