Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gas Saving idea: UCP member idea contest

Control your RPM's and get some type of restrictive on the fuel so you can't use more then 8lt's per 100km.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Work from home, and when not working be a hermit!

Get a Jetta TDI, they take on average 4.5L/100km, which equates to roughly 65mpg. They aren't that expensive and plus it'll probably last you your whole life anyway if you take proper care of it. VW all the way!

My friend's car is already set up for fuel effientcies.......you see one day he noticed the floor pans had rusted out.......so nowhe never has to gas up...... he operates his car like Fred Flintstone

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    my idea for an electric perpetuum mobile.

Get the most efficient electrical engine you can find. Then hook it up to a very efficient dynamo. Put gears in them, with a 1:? ration so that the dynamo goes much faster as the engine. Once started, it will go forever however not enough extra force to power a vehicle. Now you hook this set-up onto a car. You will only lose slight(er) amounts of Watt's as you would in a normal car because it is automatically "refilled" by the dynamo. There still are losses in the system but i reckon they are much smaller as normal. Slam some solar panels on the top of the car and you will have that remainder of energy you need produced by nature at zero cost.

After talking to my best friend about it, he mentioned a system like this is being used in Refineries to power the vital backup system of the sensors.
    Every other option has been thoroughly been discussed,except mine. And i am dying to know if it might be possible

Still wondering, would this be technically possible ? Otherwise i'll better run towards the patent-agency

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkie
    Every other option has been thoroughly been discussed,except mine. And i am dying to know if it might be possible

Still wondering, would this be technically possible ? Otherwise i'll better run towards the patent-agency
    I think they're withholding that information from you, so they can get to the patent office before you...
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    I think they're withholding that information from you, so they can get to the patent office before you...
    too bad im now sitting on a bench opposit to it, using my laptop and some companies wireless network

just kidding I might have an attempt to build this after my exams though
    Last edited by drakkie; 05-16-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Cutting the vehicle weight in half would save tons of gas. A Spartan design, including the use of chromoly and other light materials could result in a car weighing less than 1500 lbs. The higher cost of the light materials could be partially offset by the need for less material.
    Last edited by 770; 11-17-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Thread Information