Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Saving idea: UCP member idea contest

Gas Saving idea: UCP member idea contest

The title is a mouth full yes, but I want make a competition to see who can come up with the best idea for an alternative power source for a car/truck. The concept must be feasable and made of parts that can already be produced...for example (you cant just say...(a ufo that hovers using krptonite)

***only serious ideas please***

I already have an idea in the works...i still need some time to think through it. So that being said there is a time limit for this comp and there will be a poll at the end to see who had the best idea. The comp starts now and you will have until May 20th. Be creative and have fun...who knows maybe we will think of something great!

***the concept can use gas, yet you would be missing the point...try to invent something that uses zero gas***
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

ride a cow to work

The whole world becomes a network of tramlines. You have your own individual 'pod' which will slide onto the main tracks. The pods will all travel at a constant speed, no need to stop or slow, as when you get to your destination you just slide off the main track. Obviously there will be tonnes and tonnes of criss-crossing, and you get to your destination by either punching the address into the GPS, or using your joystick control - solely for selecting which direction to take at a junction. Before the journey, you will type in how urgently you need to get there, so if some lines start to get busy, your pod will take an alternative route automatically to ease buildup. Individual pods use solar panels on the roof, but if your pod happens to be running low on juice, the whole line is run via a series of renewable energy sources eg giant wind farms etc.

Cars will be, sadly, just a thing for track days. However, these tracks will provide with every imaginable car, at a price.
    Porsche!

In my proposed system, the road surface is comprised of air-pumps, which compress air and store it underground. Cars travelling on the road constantly compress air which in-turn is used to power the cars. Filling stations are located along roadways for use for a nominal cost required in the upkeep of the system. Also, proper compressed air stations use alternate and renewable energy sources to pressurize their supply.

This system would be optimally efficient in an Urban environment, as the density of traffic will assure a large supply of this constantly renewable energy source.

As air-pressure engines already exist this isn't too much of a stretch. Only a network of roads that can use the momentum of vehicles to compressed air needs to be developed.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Buy a Skoda

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Give it more time for the scientists to figure out how cold fusion works, maybe then the energy from it can be combined with minimal amount of diesel to create powerful, yet fuel-saving and high-torque cars.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I walk A LOT in town since gas got expensive again...It's been hot lately, so whoever I'm with is always bitching that I should drive, but I've worked in a kitchen for a year now, so heat's not a big deal.

walk
    pondering things

my idea for an electric perpetuum mobile.

Get the most efficient electrical engine you can find. Then hook it up to a very efficient dynamo. Put gears in them, with a 1:? ration so that the dynamo goes much faster as the engine. Once started, it will go forever however not enough extra force to power a vehicle. Now you hook this set-up onto a car. You will only lose slight(er) amounts of Watt's as you would in a normal car because it is automatically "refilled" by the dynamo. There still are losses in the system but i reckon they are much smaller as normal. Slam some solar panels on the top of the car and you will have that remainder of energy you need produced by nature at zero cost.

After talking to my best friend about it, he mentioned a system like this is being used in Refineries to power the vital backup system of the sensors.
    Last edited by drakkie; 05-11-2006 at 12:53 AM.

Take the bus.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    I walk A LOT in town since gas got expensive again...It's been hot lately, so whoever I'm with is always bitching that I should drive, but I've worked in a kitchen for a year now, so heat's not a big deal.

walk
    + my car is black... The trunk usually gets hot as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Buy a Skoda
    loool
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Why not use compressed air?
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    Why not use compressed air?
    how would you generate compressed air?
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    ***only serious ideas please***
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    ride a cow to work
    Hmm
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 05-11-2006 at 12:25 PM.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Hmm
    yes ??

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information