Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Saving idea: UCP member idea contest

Subscribe to piplelinecard.org and get a card which gives you a 12% discount per litre
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Rockets. You strap yourself on, punch in the exact GPS location, and set sail,I mean launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yes ??

Haha, where do you get this crap - That's hilarious!

can no one take this thread seriously?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Buy a monkey to work and do your errands for you.

This may be too Avance for Noobs but...

At highway cruising set speeds a motion powered electronic motor in each wheel or axle carry the speed of the car, while fuel injection cuts out, the engine is still spinning on the recipating motion of the still turning drivetrain. whether it be 20 km/h or 255 km/h

I was thinking about if you had each wheel or axle have/ create is own power and storage, similiar to how a Wheel Speed Sensor works for ABS and for input for a Limited Slip Differential with a electric motor in each wheel or axle, when the wheels spin it will create a AC alternating current similiar to how a altnetaor/generator works- mechanical spinning into electrical current through a ampilfing electric coil. So at highway set speeds when not acclerating to certain extent- the engine will be off burning no fuel but, the engine will be spinning so it can kick back in when you touch the acclerator. Can you fukking image the great highway mileage you would get then, with regulation, moderation, and fine comming. Hows that for Hybrid.

I have alot more ideas but I'm not sharing.
    Last edited by zeta; 05-12-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    This may be too Avance for Noobs but...

At highway cruising set speeds a motion powered electronic motor in each wheel or axle carry the speed of the car, while fuel injection cuts out, the engine is still spinning on the recipating motion of the still turning drivetrain. whether it be 60 km/h or 255 km/h

I was thinking about if you had each wheel or axle have/ create is own power and storage, similiar to how a Wheel Speed Sensor works for ABS and for input for a Limited Slip Differential with a electric motor in each wheel or axle, when the wheels spin it will create a AC alternating current similiar to how a altnetaor/generator works- mechanical spinning into electrical current through a ampilfing electric coil. So at highway set speeds when not acclerating to certain extent- the engine will be off burning no fuel but, the engine will be spinning so it can kick back in when you touch the acclerator. Can you fukking image the great highway mileage you would get then, with regulation, moderation, and fine comming. Hows that for Hybrid.

If you steal this idea I will hunt you down and kill you. I have alot more ideas but I'm not sharing.
    The drag of an engine spinning in gear but not providing any motive force will slow the car immediately. All you've really done in separate the components of a Hybrid and spread them around. The added complexity and weight of having 4 motor/generators and as you proposed 4 separate energy storage units will lead to a heavy and space ineffiecient setup.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

What I picture is an Hybrid setup that you could retrofit onto existing fuel powered cars. One which adds motor/generators to the non drive wheels. In my version, for example in a FWD car, motor/generators are adapted/fitted to the rear wheels. A battery pack is fitted into the storage area and a computer system is installed that communicates with the ECM of the Gas engine. The only time the Electric motors function is at freeway speeds, when only 15-30 hp is needed to maintain speed. So, as the car is being driven normally under gas power, the mo/gens are storing energy. Once up to cruising speed the auxiliary electric system takes over. The gas engine is shut off and the electric motors propel the car along, while essentially the gas motor is free-wheeling as if clutched. If more/or passing power is required the gas engine kicks in, otherwise its electric cruising.

My idea! and if you can make it happen, bring me on-board. I've got a couple more sparkly ideas.
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 05-12-2006 at 05:45 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    can no one take this thread seriously?
    Riding a cow to work is clean and efficient. How dare you make a mockery of my idea!

I got the answer right here:

Water Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Riding a cow to work is clean and efficient. How dare you make a mockery of my idea!
    You can also produce a lot of methane while riding

I've got it.
    MAGNETS IN EACH WHEEL TO DRIVE LIKE A MAGLEV

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The drag of an engine spinning in gear but not providing any motive force will slow the car immediately. All you've really done in separate the components of a Hybrid and spread them around. The added complexity and weight of having 4 motor/generators and as you proposed 4 separate energy storage units will lead to a heavy and space ineffiecient setup.
    But these electric motors are AC generators similiar to an altenator that will run off of the spinning wheels started by the engines power, with individual coil packs for amplified power, and are the size of a small brake rotor they wouldn't weigh much take up space. Or you can put it in the differential or transfer case to power the axle itself, rather than the wheel.

Your probably right about the engine however, I was thinking the motive force of the wheel/axle motor itself would be powerful enough to (to transfer power in reverse) and keep the motor spinning. This is just a thought tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    I've got it.
    MAGNETS IN EACH WHEEL TO DRIVE LIKE A MAGLEV
    Yeah, that preety good. Magnetic reverse polarity, like how bullet trains work

Remember that electric motor re-generation takes energy OUT of the vehicle.
    So the MORE energy you recover to store in batteries the quicker the motors will slow the vehicle down.
    Just adding this as a number of times it reads as if this is believed to be a no-loss recovery.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information