View Poll Results: Are you willing to buy a PS3?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 52.94%
  • No, too expensive for a console

12 35.29%
  • X360 all the way!

4 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the PS3 out of your reach?

Is the PS3 out of your reach?

Itll be interesting to see how many people will be willing to pay such a high price for the ps3. Sony says its a bargain (and with BR it is), but i think that they have made it a little too high, remembering that lots of kids want these things for christmas, and most mummys and daddys arent prepared to pay so much for a gaming console, especially when the nearest competitor's highest spec version is still $100 cheaper!!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

i don't care about blue ray. so it is too expensive yes. i'd either save the money and go for a 360 or spend a little more and build a gaming PC.
    plus i don't trust sony with that kind of money, they always over hype
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I voted the second, the last is kind of harsh in a way, bit fanboyish, reminiscent of the VE poll over in the Aussie forums lol. Taken points from a poster over at Gamespy, its essentially a round up of what the IGN rountable crew said in thier podcast, i've managed to listened to all but the last 2 minutes and he has it spot on, but yes, a hint of biased in his points, but they make sense.

The 360 is owning E3 this year.

Few things from the cast;

What they said about Microsoft
    -full of excitement
    -gave you a great reason to buy it, if you havent already
    -did what they had too do
    -the GOW did what killzone did last year in CG
    -really cool camera tricks in GOW
    -I love the 360. Playing some really good games.
    _another saying "i'm really happy."
    -Lost planet demo was better than anything Sony showed
    -the live anywhere blew them away
    -want to see more of mass effect and too human

About PS3
    -Ps3 is not doing anything better than 360.
    -not convinced
    -should have pulled out killzone
    -One guy said "give us some evidence that your putting some effort in it rather than fvckin releasing janky a$$ 500 versions of your console that do nothing more than bend over the consumer, BEhave like a marketleader if you want to lead the market!
    -expensive. makes 360 core look like a really good deal
    -lack of hdmi for 500 version
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

It's not out of my reach...

I'm a Ferrari guy, and as Microsoft has exclusive rights with Ferrari, I bought a 360... I could, if so motivated, buy a PS3, but have zero desire...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Blitz that review is clearly biased. I hate it when people dont view situations like this fairly.

Ive got no problem paying a little extra for the PS3. As it stands right now, whatever the difference is, its alot cheaper than buying a few more games for a 360 so i can actually use it. ATM, ive got maybe 20 PS2 games which should work brilliantly on a PS3 until i get some games for that. This alone's enough for me right now
    I am the Stig

Since ive already decided to get a Wii there isn't any point in thinking about getting any of the other consoles.

btw why is there no wii option why is it always ps3 vs xbox360
    the Wii is next generation too.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Because Wii is focused on gameplay rather than fanciness, I would get a Wii for Mario. But if I am to choose either X360 or PS3, Sony's won my heart.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Way too expensive.

My life doesnt need an expensive time waster. Dont get me wrong, ill play a game everyonce in a while, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I try not to spend my life plugged in to a box, let alone put down a fortune for that box.
    You can call me scott.

hell yes I would pay them if I'm going to buy something I'll make sure its something good
    ________
    Weed Bubblers
    Last edited by hec16; 08-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    Blitz that review is clearly biased. I hate it when people dont view situations like this fairly.
    Biased yes, but though he may be a fanboy, you remove the rubbish vocabulary and you're left with the basic jist of the podcast from the IGN crew - fact of the matter is simple. The Sony confrence was dissapointing, save for MGS4. Both Microsoft and Nintendo walked all over them with ease - 360 brought out the big guns and went in blazing, Nintendo further expanded on it's terrific concept and has dragged in ALOT of support. Sony - they've done the same ole' marketing scam, I won't be dragged in, they have to prove to me it's worth the extra 200 or so over the 360 to justify it's purpose. The pricing will damage them in the long run - once both consoles have been released and proper comparions show that the 360 is very close, and the Nintendo, though lacking in technical prowress, is leaps and bounds ahead in innovation - the smart consumer will awaken and make a better decision.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    Way too expensive.

My life doesnt need an expensive time waster. Dont get me wrong, ill play a game everyonce in a while, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I try not to spend my life plugged in to a box, let alone put down a fortune for that box.
    Precisely, I'd rather experience the real thing, eg: get drunk and do donuts in my paddock
    Last edited by nota; 05-11-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Not out of my reach... probably not out of anybody's reach. It's a gaming console, not an exotic supercar.

I won't buy it though, 48hrs / week of work + a wife would make the investment worthless.

I've been saving since christmas to get a ps3. Literally everyone I know that got a 360 had to send it back to get it fixed because it kept overheating.

they didnt' KEEP overheating. Once sent back it was fixed !!
    Let's not get carried away with the mud-slinging

and of course lets not forget the 3.5 MILLION PS2 owners who had to get a replacement power supply --- why ? BECAUSE THEY OVERHEATED

So are you NOT going to buy SOny too ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information