Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • G35

32 66.67%
  • Mustang

16 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang GT vs G35

go for G35...totally. G35 stands out more, and the Mustang is just too numerous to be special anymore.

I like the Mustang...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Is it normal for kids over there to get a car when they are still in school? over here 95% of the people doesnt even think of getting a car when they are still studying as they will need their money for school..

I wouldnt get any of these 2. But if I had to, I would get the infinity probably. I dont know anything about them exept they are to nissan what Lexus is to toyota. Infinity wont come to Europe till 2008 I think when they have a new model lineup.
    But knowing Lexus, the infinity will probably a lot more refined then the mustang. I have to say the G35 looks quite terrible Compared to the mustang tho.

And you might want to check out some European cars too.
    Last edited by quattro_20v; 05-14-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Slower? What are you talking about?

Mustang GT can't even beat a Miata despite horsepower, but I doubt the G35 can beat it in the corners either.

Hey, how about a Miata 3rd Generation Limited? It's sweet as pure sugar.
    He wants a 2+2 seater, and the miata is kind of fruity.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstopable!

[QUOTE=Radoman]
    Anyhow, no matter how loaded this kid is, it's not wise to start them off in a brand new, high-powered sports car. But whatever the case, if he wants a refined, good looking GT with an orgasmic exhaust note, the G35 coupe ftw. The mustang is... um, a mustang.

QUOTE]

Many kids hear get their dream car, or damn close, there are 4 M3s in the lot, 1 69 ss Camaro, a boss 302 mustang, an 05 Rousche Mustang, a Brabus, Merc. (not sure which model), more escalades than you can shake a stick at and 2 Range Rovers, brand new, just to name a few.
    not a lot of rice rockets thoug, only 1 WRX and that thing is but ugly.
    61 beamers, 61 holy shit, thats like 2,000,000 dollars in beamers sitting in a high school parking lot, its very pretty though, when the sun hits em just right....

It is not wise at all but these super rich kids have thier parents to bail em out of anything, except death.

Last year this kid wrecked his M3 after a gnarly party, he thought he could handle the twisties drunk, well he couldn't, now hes a senior and hes got a 2001 Cobra, and hes got it pushing 500 horsies, the fastest car on the lot.

I just thought, he could get a saleen, the 320 horse version, im gonna give him a call right now.
    Last edited by Schmallz; 05-14-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    The best thing to do in a car short of sex is to go faster than everyone else on the road.

life is short,
    PARTY NAKED!

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstopable!

[QUOTE=Schmallz]
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Anyhow, no matter how loaded this kid is, it's not wise to start them off in a brand new, high-powered sports car. But whatever the case, if he wants a refined, good looking GT with an orgasmic exhaust note, the G35 coupe ftw. The mustang is... um, a mustang.

QUOTE]

Many kids hear get their dream car, or damn close, there are 4 M3s in the lot, 1 69 ss Camaro, a boss 302 mustang, an 05 Rousche Mustang, a Brabus, Merc. (not sure which model), more escalades than you can shake a stick at and 2 Range Rovers, brand new, just to name a few.
    not a lot of rice rockets thoug, only 1 WRX and the thing it but ugly.
    61 beamers, 61 holy shit, thats like 2,000,000 dollars in beamers sitting in a high school parking lot, its very pretty though, when the sun hits em just right....

It is not wise at all but these super rich kids have thier parents to bail em out of anything, except death.

Last year this kid wrecked his M3 after a gnarly party, he thought he could handle the twisties drunk, well he couldn't, now hes a senior and hes got a 2001 Cobra, and hes got it pushing 500 horsies, the fastest car on the lot.

I just thought, he could get a saleen, the 320 horse version, im gonna give him a call right now.
    I can't believe 18 year olds drive and own those kind of cars...
    Visca Catalunya!

[QUOTE=Ferrer]
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmallz
    I can't believe 18 year olds drive and own those kind of cars...
    Yeah.. cue 'Money' by Pink Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Is it normal for kids over there to get a car when they are still in school? over here 95% of the people doesnt even think of getting a car when they are still studying as they will need their money for school..
    How do you get to school? Here schools are usually too far to ride a bicycle or walk. Parents usually buy their kids a beater car for their 16th birthday, something to learn how to drive on, and have their first accident in .
    I wouldnt get any of these 2. But if I had to, I would get the infinity probably. I dont know anything about them exept they are to nissan what Lexus is to toyota. Infinity wont come to Europe till 2008 I think when they have a new model lineup.
    But knowing Lexus, the infinity will probably a lot more refined then the mustang. I have to say the G35 looks quite terrible Compared to the mustang tho.

And you might want to check out some European cars too.
    New European cars offering similar performance would be out of the price range.

I would go with the G35 for the simple fact this is a new driver and doesnt need a performance car, he needs to learn to how to walk before he can run. You really cant go wrong with either car though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    How do you get to school? Here schools are usually too far to ride a bicycle or walk. Parents usually buy their kids a beater car for their 16th birthday, something to learn how to drive on, and have their first accident in .
    If you want to know my case I go to university by bus... public transport is awful but at least its affordable...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    If you want to know my case I go to university by bus... public transport is awful but at least its affordable...
    It really depends on where you live here. Suburb areas dont have public busses. Ofcourse grade school/high school have busses though.

ask the guy that wants to get the G35 and the Mustang if he can control that many horsies. 1st: teens drive fast. 2nd: they drive faster in a nice cars. and 3rd: its kinda hard to control a 300hp car if your just learning how to drive (most stundent driver cars are Corollas or Civic, which barely have horsepower when compared to 300horsies)

I'd take the G35. A great Japanese with good looks and a well built interior. It's a good all round car. Could be (slightly) more fuel friendly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    Edit: I got to thinking: Tell your friend that he should get an old school Datsun 510, and completely rebuild it. Sounds like he can afford one bitchin car. A good example is something like this: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2350153

I would love to have a Datsun like that.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    How do you get to school? Here schools are usually too far to ride a bicycle or walk. Parents usually buy their kids a beater car for their 16th birthday, something to learn how to drive on, and have their first accident in
    Well our country isnt so big so we mostly go on bikes. If people go study in a big city they usually move there midweeks in a crappy room and dont think they even have money for petrol or in that case a car.
    And then there's public transportation, students over 18 get a card which u can travel for free with the train or the bus midweeks.

For 95% or more it is really unthinkable to get a car when your still in school and dont have rich parents.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Well our country isnt so big so we mostly go on bikes. If people go study in a big city they usually move there midweeks in a crappy room and dont think they even have money for petrol or in that case a car.
    And then there's public transportation, students over 18 get a card which u can travel for free with the train or the bus midweeks.

For 95% or more it is really unthinkable to get a car when your still in school and dont have rich parents.
    I work fine on my bike, too. If not the bike... then bike to the nearest train station!

Personally, I'd take the Mustang. More character, it's just got something about it...

As for 18 year olds having M3's and Mustangs... that just seems pretty irresponsible. I don't know how young drivers are over there, but here, they're a bunch of idiots in the main. I was in a car with a certain guy a few weeks ago who was angry that he'd rolled his Saxo one week after getting his test... and was complaining that in his new Saxo, no one gave him any attention . A few factors I gave him to consider...

1) It's a Saxo
    2) Why do you need attention when driving? That boring that you only look good behind the wheel?
    3) No one cares anyway.

Also, a friend of mine was involved in a pretty bad accident just a few days ago, one of her mates wrapped his car around a tree showing off, then there was the guy who managed to get himself in a ditch going over 70 mph in 30 mph zone...

Thread Information