View Poll Results: What Performance CAR Series is your favorite ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford Falcon GT series

5 23.81%
  • Holden GTS series

1 4.76%
  • Galant VR-4 series

2 9.52%
  • Legacy RS / GT / B4 series

1 4.76%
  • Lancer EVO series

2 9.52%
  • Imprezza WRX STi series

6 28.57%
  • Skyline "Godzilla" GTR series

7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcon GT v Holden GTS v Galant VR-4 v Legacy RS v Lancer EVO v WRX STi v Skyline GTR

Falcon GT v Holden GTS v Galant VR-4 v Legacy RS v Lancer EVO v WRX STi v Skyline GTR

These cars are the hot ones in New Zealand.

I was wondering how they rate here in this forum.

(Rate any version of the series)
    - Ford Falcon GT (includes GTHO versions)
    - Holden GTS (includes classic Monaro GTS versions e.g. 327)
    - Galant VR-4 (includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation (mine))
    - Legacy RS (includes B4 versions)
    - Lancer EVO (any version)
    - WRX STi (any version)
    - Skyline GTR (r32, r33, r34)
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Place a poll, some ppl are just lazy to write..... like me. If you place one they'll get in and click on the one they like and done. And you will get much more feedback and if they want to write they'll write too..

Topic: They're all great cars, I love the STI.. Maybe that's the one I would choose tho I would have to check them all out before.

I saw your car, it looks pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Place a poll, some ppl are just lazy to write..... like me. If you place one they'll get in and click on the one they like and done. And you will get much more feedback and if they want to write they'll write too..

Topic: They're all great cars, I love the STI.. Maybe that's the one I would choose tho I would have to check them all out before.

I saw your car, it looks pretty cool
    Oh, the Skyline too... sorry I forgot it was on the list.

The poll wasn't there when I wrote the first message...... I apologize.

the skyline gt-r has my back up all the way...by the way where in nz are you kiwitt? me im in auckland...

for me its got to be a BAGT. its the fastest Falcon of all time and i think the only other GT that would compete on acceleration is a phase 3 HO with the close ratio box and 3.7:1 diff, but it wouldnt match the 250km/h top speed with that setup.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Pliz
    the skyline gt-r has my back up all the way...by the way where in nz are you kiwitt? me im in auckland...
    Also, Auckland ... The traffic stinks ... Nowhere to drive a performance car anymore.

did anyone see that article in the paper where the Sydney police impounded almost 20 high performance cars illegally street racing and issued warnings to almost 60? with increasing traffic and police keeping their eyes open more it wont be long and the only place for high performance cars will be on the track
    I am the Stig

1st= Falcon GT & Legacy/Liberty GT

I chose the Falcon for the above poll. However, I really like the Legacy/Liberty GT/B4 series as well. If my main priority was performance and looks, I'd go for the Falcon. If my main priority was for a low-key Q racer with refinement, I'd go for the Legacy. Both would have handling far beyound what I'd ever need, so that wouldn't be a factor. If I really was in the market for a A$60,000 car the choice would come down to which I most preferred driving, which dealer gave me the best deal, and which of the two was easiest to insure (probably neither would be cheap to insure).

If I still lived in NZ, I'd be on the lookout about now for a late 90s Legacy B4. I see in autopoint.co.nz that they've dropped below $20,000. Doubt they'll drop that low in Australia anytime soon. And the Falcon GTs are likely never to drop that low (more's the pity - $20,000 being my current limit).

Well just under $20K is the normal price for a good condition, roadworthy classic GT, they usually hover between $10K and $20K with XR's and XT's being down the bottom, XB's and XA's being round the middle and XY's and XW's being up the top. The absolute top sellers are of course XY GTHO's that were actually raced, a Moffat Phase 3 would fetch around $150K over the normal $75K for a street Phase 3
    I am the Stig

I picked mine up for NZ$15,000

no prizes for guessing what I voted for
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ace
    no prizes for guessing what I voted for
    They're a beautiful thing. I used to have a white HQ LS. Stock 253 which wasnt all that exciting but I love the styling.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well just under $20K is the normal price for a good condition, roadworthy classic GT, they usually hover between $10K and $20K with XR's and XT's being down the bottom, XB's and XA's being round the middle and XY's and XW's being up the top. The absolute top sellers are of course XY GTHO's that were actually raced, a Moffat Phase 3 would fetch around $150K over the normal $75K for a street Phase 3
    I should have said BA GT in my nomination. I wouldn't buy a classic unless I had plenty of room to store it - which I don't.

alot of enthusiasts are sticking their noses up at the BA GT for its smoothness and for its softness relative to past GT's. probably down to the Phase 2 seems to be the enthusiasts choice with its higher redline and roughness of the engine, but i guess for today thats not what you want for 60K
    I am the Stig

Thread Information