View Poll Results: What Performance CAR Series is your favorite ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford Falcon GT series

5 23.81%
  • Holden GTS series

1 4.76%
  • Galant VR-4 series

2 9.52%
  • Legacy RS / GT / B4 series

1 4.76%
  • Lancer EVO series

2 9.52%
  • Imprezza WRX STi series

6 28.57%
  • Skyline "Godzilla" GTR series

7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Falcon GT v Holden GTS v Galant VR-4 v Legacy RS v Lancer EVO v WRX STi v Skyline GTR

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    alot of enthusiasts are sticking their noses up at the BA GT for its smoothness and for its softness relative to past GT's. probably down to the Phase 2 seems to be the enthusiasts choice with its higher redline and roughness of the engine, but i guess for today thats not what you want for 60K
    I like refinement and smoothness. A bit of power doesn't go astry, either. But I've lost any urge to v-max a car these days. I like my licence to much... So a BA GT or Liberty GT would provide everything I need in a car...

i would personally rather a BA GT as well for its refinement, combined sports/luxury ride and for its handling prowess, all 3 especially compared to an old XA or XY GT. some people like their cars riding like a brick but at the same time staying reasonably stable through corners. some people like a certain huskiness in their engines note at higher revs, but i think everyone likes the feeling of the engine being able to shake the car at idel, so FPV especially engineered that trait into the GT
    I am the Stig

Well the TE50 also had a lumpy idel which got some disgust with some jurnos i read (not wheelsmind you this was an internet based mag which i no longer look at thisis one of the reasons why) and they said the eengine sounds like it wants to die at 5something thousand rpm ive heard them at that and i think they where wingeing for the sake of it...

Well the TE50 had the stroker motor which was about as smooth as a Commodore V6. Wheels reckon that under 2000rpm its got a meaty growl, between 2K and 4K it livens up into a great bellow but after about 4K it starts getting raspy......obviously the engine showing its age. really though when i say people like the roughness of old GT's compared to the BA, i pretty much mean you could really feel what an XY was doing when you drove it. drive a BA and it holds itself firmly around corners, absorbs all the bumps and will do a u turn with a flick of a wrist. well in an XY you'll feel every little bump on the road, almost have the car topple over around sharp corners and give your arms a good workout turning the corners
    I am the Stig

First place tie between FalconGTHO,EL Falcon GT, and Skyline GT-R. But when the new Skyline comes out in 2006 something it will blow the pink spotted socks of everything here (400HP!)

surely you mean just the Falcon GT series and GTR's in a tie, by which now the WRX STI's caught up
    I am the Stig

Yeah I do mean that

I chose the skylen because there is only one of the r34 and two maby tree of the older ones here in finland but it prety close betwen the and the evo but you kan se one on every day so theres nothing that special about them.
    -I live my life a quater mile att a time.
    -It dose´t mater if you win by an inch or an mile, wining´s wining.
    -It dosen´t mater if your car goes 0-60 in 5s if you can´t drive it to the max.
    -I fell the need......the need for speed.

meh.....I lvoe the STi. Great Car. My favorite. (GT500 is my second fav, already used the STi on another forum )

Thread Information