Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 13 Second car

i have never seen a stock LT1 do 13's. and my good friend has a 6 speed 97 lt1 i drove for 3500 miles across the country and have raced on numerous times. their not 13 sec cars. if an lt1 is a 13 sec then an ls1 is a 12 second and i sure as hell know that aint true either! low 14's at best from the factory. thats my story and im stickin to it my friend. maybe a WS6 or SS could pull some high 13's out of their ass but when you start talkin about them your no longer talking very affordable anyways
    Last edited by Juggs; 05-29-2006 at 12:45 AM.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    i have never seen a stock LT1 do 13's. and my good friend has a 6 speed 97 lt1 i drove for 3500 miles across the country and have raced on numerous times. their not 13 sec cars. if an lt1 is a 13 sec then an ls1 is a 12 second and i sure as hell know that aint true either! low 14's at best from the factory. thats my story and im stickin to it my friend. maybe a WS6 or SS could pull some high 13's out of their ass but when you start talkin about them your no longer talking very affordable anyways
    Which LS2 car? The Corvette is obveously a 12 second car, and the GTO is a low 13 second car (realise that the car weighs 3800+lbs, and has crap tires)
    And I figured you pull the "maybe a SS or WS6" card. The SS and WS6 are just suspension(for handling, not drag), and appearence mods. The only power mod they get is slightly better flowing exahust, which is only noticable in sound.
    Was the LT1 you "drove" running premium gas? Has it been maintained properly?
    I see stock, or near stock LT1s doing high 13s all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Which LS2 car? The Corvette is obveously a 12 second car, and the GTO is a low 13 second car (realise that the car weighs 3800+lbs, and has crap tires)
    And I figured you pull the "maybe a SS or WS6" card. The SS and WS6 are just suspension(for handling, not drag), and appearence mods. The only power mod they get is slightly better flowing exahust, which is only noticable in sound.
    Was the LT1 you "drove" running premium gas? Has it been maintained properly?
    I see stock, or near stock LT1s doing high 13s all the time...
    first of all just to avoid confusion here we're talking about LS1's not LS2's. i dont know if you meant ls1 and typed ls2 by accident or somethin but this is an LS1 disccusion. no biggy..just trying to avoid confusion.
    ws6/ss is a performance package because it comes with ram air and different intake (the stock one is way crappy). the standard LT1 comes with 275 horsepower. the WS6/SS LT1 comes with 305 horsepower. look it up anywhere. you'll see that i am right. here is a number off of www.musclecarclub.com you might be interested in too:
    Performance: 5.7/275: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.1 sec. @ 98.45 mph.

there you go right there. thats about what you see anywhere. the LT1 i drove just had an oil change and new plugs and wires. it was quick but i dont think it was running 13's. hell i'm pretty positive my car isnt running 13's and if it is its prob a high ass 13 too. like a 13.8 or .9 if im lucky. i havent had a chance to run mine at the strip yet but like i said i havent had any problem with LT1's. my friends LT1 isnt the only one ive been around either..their everywhere here. my other friend has a mint condition 02 WS6 trans am collectors edition that i also have drove many times. that car i beleive is a 13 second car but granted its an LS1 and a WS6 so i guess that doesnt have much bearing here but theres a HUGE difference between the 2 cars is the point im trying to make. i dont refuse to believe maybe somewhere somebody MIGHT have eeked out a 13.99 or somethin on a stock LT1 cuz they got lucky but i doubt it..and if they did its not consistant. and drag racing is all about consistancy
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I don't have a bike, it got stolen.
    'Weren't you offered your bike back by some tramp ? Mine was stolen, on my way to the busstop i got an offer to buy a nice bike

The reason why i get them for free nowadays

first of all just to avoid confusion here we're talking about LS1's not LS2's. i dont know if you meant ls1 and typed ls2 by accident or somethin but this is an LS1 disccusion. no biggy..just trying to avoid confusion.
    You wrote LS2, and just edited it.
    Ls1 f-bodies are 12 second capable cars, Ive seen it.
    ws6/ss is a performance package because it comes with ram air and different intake (the stock one is way crappy). the standard LT1 comes with 275 horsepower. the WS6/SS LT1 comes with 305 horsepower. look it up anywhere. you'll see that i am right. here is a number off of www.musclecarclub.com you might be interested in too:
    Performance: 5.7/275: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.1 sec. @ 98.45 mph.
    I already went over this, its RATED at 275hp for insurance, and so the higher up models will sell better. Same with the LS1 cars, ALL of them are making 350hp, but rated from 310-325.
    there you go right there. thats about what you see anywhere. the LT1 i drove just had an oil change and new plugs and wires. it was quick but i dont think it was running 13's. hell i'm pretty positive my car isnt running 13's and if it is its prob a high ass 13 too. like a 13.8 or .9 if im lucky. i havent had a chance to run mine at the strip yet but like i said i havent had any problem with LT1's. my friends LT1 isnt the only one ive been around either..their everywhere here. my other friend has a mint condition 02 WS6 trans am collectors edition that i also have drove many times. that car i beleive is a 13 second car but granted its an LS1 and a WS6 so i guess that doesnt have much bearing here but theres a HUGE difference between the 2 cars is the point im trying to make. i dont refuse to believe maybe somewhere somebody MIGHT have eeked out a 13.99 or somethin on a stock LT1 cuz they got lucky but i doubt it..and if they did its not consistant. and drag racing is all about consistancy
    As stated above, a WS6 wontbe making any more noticable power than a 'normal' Trans AM, trust me, I own an '01.
    Good condistion LT1s with good drivers are high 13 second cars, end of story.

You wrote LS2, and just edited it.
    no i didn't.

I already went over this, its RATED at 275hp for insurance, and so the higher up models will sell better. Same with the LS1 cars, ALL of them are making 350hp, but rated from 310-325.
    i dont care if they have 400 horsepower they still run 14's from the factory. you just totally ignored a direct quote from one of the top muscle car sites about the time it runs so i went ahead and searched many different f-body forums and linked you to discussions of what a stock LT1 runs. here you are, lets see what the actual owners of them are running stock

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/ls1/read.cgi?msgid=79356

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/or...lt1-times.html

http://lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...;f=15;t=000339

there you go right there straight from the horses mouth. every guy said 14's! the slight few that had high 13's had light mods done to them.

As stated above, a WS6 wontbe making any more noticable power than a 'normal' Trans AM, trust me, I own an '01.
    Good condistion LT1s with good drivers are high 13 second cars, end of story.
    if thats the case then you were sold a lemmon my friend. im sorry.

if you still are not convinced that i'm right then i dont really care because im sure the rest of the board is convinced your wrong with the evidence i have pointed out. have a good day.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

no i didn't.

i dont care if they have 400 horsepower they still run 14's from the factory. you just totally ignored a direct quote from one of the top muscle car sites about the time it runs so i went ahead and searched many different f-body forums and linked you to discussions of what a stock LT1 runs. here you are, lets see what the actual owners of them are running stock

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/ls1/read.cgi?msgid=79356

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/or...lt1-times.html

http://lt1tech.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...;f=15;t=000339

there you go right there straight from the horses mouth. every guy said 14's! the slight few that had high 13's had light mods done to them.

if thats the case then you were sold a lemmon my friend. im sorry.

if you still are not convinced that i'm right then i dont really care because im sure the rest of the board is convinced your wrong with the evidence i have pointed out. have a good day.
    Your so naive, search LS1tech, this is one of the very many threads people ask about Z28 vs SS or TA vs WS6:
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504546
    THERE IS VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN POWER, a raised air lid and slighty (hardly) better flowing exahust is the ONLY difference power wise.
    Ill go more into it if you would like when I get back home (sat).

psh okkk whatever..i dont know why your trying so hard to get this point across anyways. so i guess a WS6 is a 14 second car then too. congratulations.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

psh okkk whatever..i dont know why your trying so hard to get this point across anyways. so i guess a WS6 is a 14 second car then too. congratulations.
    13 second car.*
    Im trying to get this point across because I hate when the ignorant think a badge picks up power.

Here for LT1s take a look at this sticky:
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
    Last edited by Slicks; 06-03-2006 at 11:03 AM.

well then buy your logic its also ignorant to think a badge gives suspension and handling upgrades..oops it does do that. and why wouldnt somebody think that there is more hp on the ss vs the z28 WHEN CHEVY THEMSELVES ADVERTISED THEM AS HAVING MORE POWER! ignorance? please. isnt ignorance when you are ignoring a fact thats basically put right in your face? who keeps arguing its a 13 sec car when its clearly been proven it isnt? ignorance is bliss isnt it?
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

well then buy your logic its also ignorant to think a badge gives suspension and handling upgrades..oops it does do that. and why wouldnt somebody think that there is more hp on the ss vs the z28 WHEN CHEVY THEMSELVES ADVERTISED THEM AS HAVING MORE POWER! ignorance? please. isnt ignorance when you are ignoring a fact thats basically put right in your face? who keeps arguing its a 13 sec car when its clearly been proven it isnt? ignorance is bliss isnt it?
    Jesus, were going in a circle here...
    Maybe you could buy a clue and see that its called the WS6 HANDLING PACKAGE.
    Ive gone over this already for you, GM advertises more power out of these packages for the same reason they underrate them in power, MARKETING. As stated before, and LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1, no matter if its rated at 310hp, or 350, they are all making a ballpark 345-350hp. Same goes for the LT1, generally all are making a ballpark 330hp. Again, look at the dyno page I posted, its REAL PROOF, not just advertisment from a company trying to justify more money for a car.
    Did you completely ignore the article I posted? The Camaro posted a 13.6.

Ive gone over this already for you, GM advertises more power out of these packages for the same reason they underrate them in power, MARKETING. As stated before, and LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1, no matter if its rated at 310hp, or 350, they are all making a ballpark 345-350hp. Same goes for the LT1, generally all are making a ballpark 330hp. Again, look at the dyno page I posted, its REAL PROOF, not just advertisment from a company trying to justify more money for a car.
    Did you completely ignore the article I posted? The Camaro posted a 13.6.
    I think that article is a tad sus all considering the pontiac is 70lbs lighter apprently has 10 lb-fts more torque and is a fair wack slower (.5 seconds and 4mph) and theorotically their the same car (give or take sheetmetal changes but i couldent imagine the trans-am haveing a noticeable ammount more drag then the car it was badge engineerd from and the final drive ratio is quoted to be the same in the article) so i think your a being a bit selective with odds and ends your picking up.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    I think that article is a tad sus all considering the pontiac is 70lbs lighter apprently has 10 lb-fts more torque and is a fair wack slower (.5 seconds and 4mph) and theorotically their the same car (give or take sheetmetal changes but i couldent imagine the trans-am haveing a noticeable ammount more drag then the car it was badge engineerd from and the final drive ratio is quoted to be the same in the article) so i think your a being a bit selective with odds and ends your picking up.
    "All of us felt the Firebird seemed down on juice"
    For whatever reason it seems the Firebird they tested was a dud.

"All of us felt the Firebird seemed down on juice"
    For whatever reason it seems the Firebird they tested was a dud.
    It must of been because "on paper" its faster.

There something seriously wrong 70lbs that 31 kilos lighter mathematically 1 kilo less is the equvilent of gaining 1 hp so the car must of been more then a lemon
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

actually its called the WS6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE. maybe your just getting your 3rd gens and your 4th gens mixed up cuz on 3rd gens the WS6 package was a handling package. not on 4th gens tho. if you dont believe me take a look right here. http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/im.../ws6-badge.JPG

so are you done yet? how many more times do i have to prove you wrong? its funny how you supposedly OWN a trans am and i know more about them than you..and im a mustang guy!

as your your "magic bullet" of a post that proved nothing please provide me with a link to the camaro your talking about. i have a feeling somethings not right there such as it was modded a little or had some slicks on it maybe, possibly the quarter mile time he posted was taken from a dyno (a lot of dynos will tell you a quarter mile time your car should run according to calculations they make but they are always way wrong). but still..even if it was a factory bone stock LT1 camaro that ran a 13.6 (which i don't believe for a second!!!) thats one out of thousands of other people who run 14's stock. but please post the post in question (i dont feel like digging thru 4 pages of power numbers of random guys cars) so i can at least see what your talking about.

edit- just to make myself a little clearer i am asking you to provide me with a direct link (or maybe at least some damn good directions) to the guys post where he said what he ran. i realize you posted a link to the thread but i dont want to rummage thru the whole thing trying to find the guy your talking about so just tell me where to find it please
    Last edited by Juggs; 06-07-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Thread Information