Thread: 94 civic ex for $1995

94 civic ex for $1995

I'm in the market for a new (used) car and found a 1994 honda civic ex with 170,000 miles for $1995. I checked it out today and it was very likely in an accident - hood was from a junk yard and pretty poorly painted, fenders had terrible orange peel so they were also added recently. The previous owner seemed to me like a ricer so I'm not sure if the replaced parts are due to an accident or due to the owner wanting to keep certain parts (you know, carbon fiber hood, slotted fenders, and subs). On the test drive, the ABS light was on the whole time, not sure what that means, but the brakes were bad; the pedal was very stiff which seemed weird. The drivers side door had pieces missing, nothing major, just the little piece of plastic where the window controls are, and the drivers side window wasn't installed properly. Other than that, the windshield had a crack and the rear bumper was scraped up a bit. The good news - vtec and performance exhaust sounded great, comes with xm satellite radio, performance radiator, new tires, fantastic interior other than the drivers door, great clutch and gearbox, and best of all, the price.

I was just wondering if you guys think its worth it or can come up with a convincing argument for me to present to my parents as to why they should purchase this car for me (they got my older brother a 94 civic lx ($3500) and my sister a 95 civic ex ($4000), my younger brother's got a 93 civic lx that we've had since it was new, so now its my turn and I'm having a hard time deciding between a civic and a small truck). thanks

You'd do better to get a more virginal car. This one sounds to have been used and abused. Former ricer car...junk yard hood...poorly painted...

I'm sure you can find a nicer Civic in this price range. Good luck!!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

...exactly what my dad said

...with age comes wisdom

I saw this '94 EX Coupe with about 170k for $2,995 on autotrader. Not the best example but I think it's preferable to the one you picked. I noticed older Civics are more expensive compared to Accords. Check on autotrader.com to see if it's the same in your area. Only thing, I think it would be tougher to find manual Accords...You could probably get a nice clean '94-'97 Accord for under ~3K.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

The guy might have put some new brake pads on but the light stays on until the garage clears the code, it happens on some cars.
    I love the "performance" radiator bit tho
    I personally wouldnt' touch the car if it's had work done to it by someone other than myself or someone I can trust. My friend and myself have gotten screwed over on used cars that people have modified, but it's your money, spend it how you like.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

ookay 170k = X_X

wow... just sharing my 2 cents
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

haha, a 94' civic for $1995. should've sold for $1994
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Don't buy an 12 year old car with 170k miles. Seriously. You can get much better for your money. It sounds like a POS the way you describe it.

yeah i agree, plus i would think any used car you were thinking about buying you would want to have the title checked. maybe run a vin to see if its had any problems or been wrecked like in your case. If a Honda has 170,000 miles on it i can only imagine problems, if there arent any current ones atleast.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Thread Information