I'm in the market for a new (used) car and found a 1994 honda civic ex with 170,000 miles for $1995. I checked it out today and it was very likely in an accident - hood was from a junk yard and pretty poorly painted, fenders had terrible orange peel so they were also added recently. The previous owner seemed to me like a ricer so I'm not sure if the replaced parts are due to an accident or due to the owner wanting to keep certain parts (you know, carbon fiber hood, slotted fenders, and subs). On the test drive, the ABS light was on the whole time, not sure what that means, but the brakes were bad; the pedal was very stiff which seemed weird. The drivers side door had pieces missing, nothing major, just the little piece of plastic where the window controls are, and the drivers side window wasn't installed properly. Other than that, the windshield had a crack and the rear bumper was scraped up a bit. The good news - vtec and performance exhaust sounded great, comes with xm satellite radio, performance radiator, new tires, fantastic interior other than the drivers door, great clutch and gearbox, and best of all, the price.

I was just wondering if you guys think its worth it or can come up with a convincing argument for me to present to my parents as to why they should purchase this car for me (they got my older brother a 94 civic lx ($3500) and my sister a 95 civic ex ($4000), my younger brother's got a 93 civic lx that we've had since it was new, so now its my turn and I'm having a hard time deciding between a civic and a small truck). thanks