Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My car

Quote Originally Posted by CAS
    @Above: The Mini One Diesel is just way to slow, I had one for testing and it just ain't no fun. Yes you can corner it quite well at higher speeds, but you never reach those higher speeds...

It is a car that gives the driver a lot of confidence, but I don't now if that's a really good thing. It should need a better diesel engine (90bhp should probably do) and then it will be a quite fun car to have.

But in the end, the Mini One is made for girls, so actually, it's a car that probably puts a smile on his costumers. Friend of me has the Cooper S version with at the moment 204,6bhp (should manage to get 225/230bhp) and even without that power, it's just a total differant car.

I never drove the Suzuki swift, but I'm 99% sure, it's a lot more fun than a One D even when it drive's slower, at least, you have some noise when you rev it. And it probably feels a lot more agressive to.

So @ the TS: Nice car!
    The new D has more power (80 something I think), but if you wanted power and fuel economy, an ECU remap would sort the D out well and truly. The Mini, however would murder the Swift for handling. Compare the Swift with the Mini One / Cooper petrols. BTW, what's a diesel Swift like?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    BTW, what's a diesel Swift like?
    a tank
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    a tank
    LMAO, for some strange reason that had me laughing...don't know why.

On the subject of Minis, has anyone seen the new Minis with BMW M3 engine conversions? Mental! Some even converted to 4WD...!

On the subject of Minis, has anyone seen the new Minis with BMW M3 engine conversions? Mental! Some even converted to 4WD...!
    Nah I aint seen them. I ve seen a Works GP though up in London in the PArk Lane showroom If I was offered it I would swap it for my swift
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    Nah I aint seen them. I ve seen a Works GP though up in London in the PArk Lane showroom If I was offered it I would swap it for my swift
    I'd only take the works GP if they did something about the colour scheme...yuck! Grey with red mirrors and a white roof, what's that all about?

I'd prefer it in most of the standard colours.

I'd only take the works GP if they did something about the colour scheme...yuck! Grey with red mirrors and a white roof, what's that all about?

I'd prefer it in most of the standard colours.
    I'd only take it if thedid something about the colors, and the wheels, and the ugly bodykit, and the back seats, and the bar across the boot, and the stupid power increase. In short I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one, and I drive a Mini Cooper S...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

it is not that new, it was already raced by Vanina Ickx in the Belcar Series in 2005
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Congrats on the car Tom, looks nice. Now here is something to go for next
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    it is not that new, it was already raced by Vanina Ickx in the Belcar Series in 2005
    Oh I didn't mean race cars. I was referring to the engine transplants people have done with road cars. Stock interiors, the lot. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the outside until you heard it!

Oh I didn't mean race cars. I was referring to the engine transplants people have done with road cars. Stock interiors, the lot. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the outside until you heard it!
    just check the picture I attached, does that immediately make you think that there is an M3 underneath?

just check the picture I attached, does that immediately make you think that there is an M3 underneath?
    I understand what you're saying and no, you wouldn't immediately guess "M3", I was meaning conversions that look EXACTLY like a standard road going Mini Cooper S. No bodykits, standard wheels, standard interiors. Awesome sleepers.

somebody got the idea from somewhere

Congrats on the car Tom, looks nice. Now here is something to go for next
    lovely jubbly...but the colour is a no no. I would have to get that in red or blue
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Nice car, the styling of suzukis is now way better then before imo. One of my colleges has a real killer suzuki. It's an ignis junior wrc edition, it also has a 1.5 but it puts out 160 hp without turbos or high revving, its really quick weighing 900 kgs.

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Nice car, the styling of suzukis is now way better then before imo. One of my colleges has a real killer suzuki. It's an ignis junior wrc edition, it also has a 1.5 but it puts out 160 hp without turbos or high revving, its really quick weighing 900 kgs.
    woooo Id like to drive that lol
    I aint know "rookie"
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Thread Information