Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The A3 :Would it really dominate?

The A3 :Would it really dominate?

Audi has introduced its new baby the 3rd generation A3 in world markets.The new car is supposed to accomplish the mission the A3 was originally designed for : Dominate the premium compact class.
    Just to mention that the previous version of the A3 recieved a number of awards when it was launched at 1996...
    We may wonder if it would succeed in its mision especially that there is tough competition in this category today.

conservative subtle yet beautiful, very beautiful looks, vey audi like though and that stunning interior(i have seen it) ans that performace potential - let it blow the 147 GTA AWAY for GOOD

in s3 form

As Audi is intending to provide powerful V6 engine reaching 217 bhp I'd think this is tough player.

motorhead
    let it blow the 147 GTA AWAY for GOOD
    Wow! Do you really think it is a bad thing that the 147 GTA is a better car than the last S3?

This new A3 design is sooooo boring by its similarity with the old one! It seems that Audi doesn't want to take any risk: innovating? Huh, too dangerous.

I'm really disppointed. It is so overexpensive compared to its concurrents, and I really don't see why

all audi cars are to expensive for what they give (performance, looks...) and it goes from bottom to top: A2 is the worst, A3 is chaos (1.8 T quatro costs 30 000 euro in croatia), A4 is relativly ok, A6 is very good and A8 is great... not to mension TT. its BS exept bi-moto that one is ok

but audi is better than bmw

well ,the VW Golf is the queen of this category....

audi is THE KING OF GERMANY

Originally posted by motorhead
    audi is THE KING OF GERMANY
    How do you figure? I disagree.
    Tdot owns you.

well top me they are but maybe not to you - its up to what you like

The new Audi S3 is meant to have 217 BHp, correct? from a 3.2 V6 motor, correct? The Alfa Romeo 147 GTA has 250 BHP, right? from a 3.2 V6? something doesn't add up in saying the Alfa will be wasted, unless the Audi is really light, (lets face it, it won't be...) it doesn't stand a chance, and due to Volkswagens notorious (in australia, anyway) poor suspension record, it will not dominate. once you factor in price ( the S3 is bound to be more expensive, Audi is worth more than Alfa) and desirability ( Audi has the resale, Alfa has the Passion) it really is a simple equation. italians have a grasp on this market. Now, where'd that pesky R32 go....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Audi has unveiled the top model of the A3 range & surprisingly it isn't named after its predecessor (the former S3).Instead,it is called the A3 3.2 Quattro leaving the door open for some rumours that an S3 or even RS3 model with 300bhp V6 will be on roads in a couple of years time.

For now you should convince your self with its 250 bhp V6 unit with top speed of 258 kmh with a choice of six-speed transmissions - manual or DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) and the latter has proved to be foolproof(adapts to the way the driver demands power from the engine:traffic jam,highway,...etc).
    Downsides of this car are,according to TopGear,are its brakes & its steering.You may refer to TG website for more details.
    Otherwise,the car is comfortable,solid,....etc as a good 3dr hatch should be.

Last edited by kinan.f; 10-04-2003 at 09:06 AM.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh com on man look at it it s the coppy of
    VW GOLF.
    even though the golf will stay the best in this catagory

Originally posted by white devil
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh com on man look at it it s the coppy of
    VW GOLF.
    even though the golf will stay the best in this catagory
    Attached Images Attached Images

The R32 is a much better performance car and the upcoming design will be great for those looking at entry-level models. so i dont really see point of getting this car.
    all will change however if they ever introduce that claimed RS3 model with 300 hp !! That will move this segment into a whole new level.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thread Information