View Poll Results: which car do you think would win in a race?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

46 60.53%
  • Ferrari Enzo

30 39.47%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Saleen S7 Twin Turbo vs Ferrari Enzo

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am sure you all remember the 1500 cc turbo engines used in F1 from 1981-1988...
    So, that's a maximum of 8 engines, if each year they developed a completely new engine from scratch...

Where are the "many"?

And, if Saleen are technologically deficient if they have to use forced induction, I guess the same rules apply to Ferrari.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    So, that's a maximum of 8 engines, if each year they developed a completely new engine from scratch...

Where are the "many"?

And, if Saleen are technologically deficient if they have to use forced induction, I guess the same rules apply to Ferrari.
    who used the word "many"?
    you only asked "what other" and I provided you with an answer
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariPrinze1
    FERRARI hav acheived 1000hp with the f50gt and many others
    He used the word "many".

I suspect that he probably wouldn't have been able to come up with the turbo F1 cars by himself either.
    Thanks for all the fish

He used the word "many".

I suspect that he probably wouldn't have been able to come up with the turbo F1 cars by himself either.
    he is on my ignore list....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ignoring is bad because then you can't laugh at the funny stuff people say

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    ignoring is bad because then you can't laugh at the funny stuff people say
    there is subtle compromise, read, enjoy, laugh and ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    which car do you think would win in a race? Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: 750hp, 700lb-ft torque, 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds, 2950lb (1340kg). Ferrari Enzo: 660hp, 484lb-ft torque, 0-60mph in 3.65 seconds, 2766lb (1255kg).
    Since u got the weight and 0-60 of the enzo wrong ill take the rest of this thread as shite.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    The normal S7 has enough downforce to theoretically drive upside down at 150mph. The S7TT has more downforce than that so I think its aero is just fine.
    Well if it wants to beat the Enzo then its aerodynamics shouldn't just be tuned for the straights, the downforce wouldn't be good enough to keep the rear from sliding in corners, remember that massive torque from the V8 and the power from the turbos at higher RPMs. It'll beat an Enzo if it has enough aerodynamic improvements, or if it gets AWD. But I don't think it'll do any good against Enzo unless it has similar aerodynamics as the S7R, considering it's even more powerful.

You can use the Veyron to compare also. When the Veyron is in top speed mode, the decreased downforce causes the car to be very slippery, but in handling mode, the spoiler raises and adjusts to increase the downforce so that 1001bhp can be well kept under control in corners. The S7 TT's spoiler lid's angle looks just like the Veyron's wing on top speed mode..........plus the S7 TT is much lighter. I really don't think the S7 TT will reach the claimed top speed and handle well in corners with only one set of aerodynamic setting.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 06-04-2006 at 07:19 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Well if it wants to beat the Enzo then its aerodynamics shouldn't just be tuned for the straights, the downforce wouldn't be good enough to keep the rear from sliding in corners, remember that massive torque from the V8 and the power from the turbos at higher RPMs. It'll beat an Enzo if it has enough aerodynamic improvements, or if it gets AWD. But I don't think it'll do any good against Enzo unless it has similar aerodynamics as the S7R, considering it's even more powerful.

You can use the Veyron to compare also. When the Veyron is in top speed mode, the decreased downforce causes the car to be very slippery, but in handling mode, the spoiler raises and adjusts to increase the downforce so that 1001bhp can be well kept under control in corners. The S7 TT's spoiler lid's angle looks just like the Veyron's wing on top speed mode..........plus the S7 TT is much lighter. I really don't think the S7 TT will reach the claimed top speed and handle well in corners with only one set of aerodynamic setting.
    But have you seen how large the TT's venturi tunnels are? They are huge and the spoiler is low enough that it can work in conjunction with the underbody aero. I'm sure that it could use some more mechanical grip and maybe an actual wing to help with the downforce some more. It has also gotten past 200mph (although I don't know its claimed top speed) so I think that it can get quite a bit farther into the 200s as is.

But have you seen how large the TT's venturi tunnels are?
    What does that actually tell you, apart from that it has large venturi tunnels?

Also I notice *someone* hasn't come back with

a) any more information about a 1000bhp Ferrari F50GT

b) a list of "many" Ferraris with 1000bhp+
    Thanks for all the fish

They are huge and the spoiler is low enough that it can work in conjunction with the underbody aero.
    This makes no sense what so ever either.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

What does that actually tell you, apart from that it has large venturi tunnels?

That it should have a large amount of ground effect bas suction which helps hold the car to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    This makes no sense what so ever either.
    See the attachment below (straight from the mouth of Gordon Murray) to see what I mean. Although it seems that he is talking more about the air brake, I just assumed that it would work the same way with the downforce while accelerating and turning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 06-07-2006 at 08:20 AM.

That it has a large amount of ground effect bas suction which helps hold the car to the road.
    The venturi is where the air exits and to create the necessary low pressure under the car it should blow, not suck. A wing pushes the car down, it has little to do with the underbody. Gordon Murray's comments are a bit confusing, but I think he means that the air brake is too far from the car's surface.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 06-05-2006 at 10:48 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Did anyone ever see ben johnson race against the horse?

So seeing how enzo is pushing up daisies....mr saleen is the winner by default!!

Quote Originally Posted by ringle
    Did anyone ever see ben johnson race against the horse?

So seeing how enzo is pushing up daisies....mr saleen is the winner by default!!
    I don't know. Mr. Saleen is getting pretty old though.

Thread Information