View Poll Results: which computer audio company is your favourite?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Altec Lansing

6 21.43%
  • Bose

4 14.29%
  • CA

0 0%
  • Creative

4 14.29%
  • JBL

4 14.29%
  • Klipsch

3 10.71%
  • Logitech

4 14.29%
  • other

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: your favourite company for computer speakers

I have the Logitech Z5300, and I must say they are pretty impressive. THX certified, and the sub is ridiculous. More than 40% volume and it's overwhelming.

I'd say Logitech takes the cake.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    its a company with HW in Pennsylvania and presence all over the world employing 1500
    which is owned by the plantronics company based in santa cruz. you could say that like... mercury is a COMPANY that employs so and so people. its more brand than company.
    Yeah but realistically who's going to shell out £35,000 for a pair of B&W Nautilus and connect it to a £1,000 PC ?
    not me...
    Yeah ,but if it focusses on those that are marketed and packaged for the PC market it makes sense.
    Calling it "computer speakers" kind of suggested that I htought.
    well i just thought he just meant speakers that can work on computers
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    which is owned by the plantronics company based in santa cruz. you could say that like... mercury is a COMPANY that employs so and so people. its more brand than company.not me...well i just thought he just meant speakers that can work on computers
    Wow, when did Plantronics take over Altec ?
    Missed that one

Used to run Altec cans in the recording studio and been a big user of the digital Plantronics headsets for VR at work.

... there you go .,... learn something new every day. Cheers. Stand corrected. yeah when is a wholly owned subsidiary just a "brand" -- I usually look at who is making the decisions and where the profts are re-invested. Altec Lansing UK is still a listed UK company
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-31-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Altec Lansing here too.

Wow, when did Plantronics take over Altec ?
    Missed that one

Used to run Altec cans in the recording studio and been a big user of the digital Plantronics headsets for VR at work.

... there you go .,... learn something new every day. Cheers. Stand corrected. yeah when is a wholly owned subsidiary just a "brand" -- I usually look at who is making the decisions and where the profts are re-invested. Altec Lansing UK is still a listed UK company
    In complete seriousness, this may be the first time I've seen you be wrong on a subject, and admit it.

[bookmarked post]

I like Logitech and Creative best

I like Altec (the biggest one) that has a gigantic sub and i think 6 neodymium drives...but the sound on the Klipsch THX is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    In complete seriousness, this may be the first time I've seen you be wrong on a subject, and admit it.

[bookmarked post]
    Wrong but that's the cross I have to bear -- my image is actually starting to piss me off.

yes, I'm experienced , intelligent and try to share that in the best "social capital" way.

I also DONT talk BS about what I dont know and sadly more folks seem to only see the points I make and ASSume the position as you eruditely put it.

So you dont see me often admit wrong cos I'm seldom saying anything I'm not actually KNOWLEDGABLE on.

no smiley
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

AFAIK they don't make PC speakers, but either some Mackies or Meyer speakers would be awesome.
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 06-01-2006 at 01:24 AM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

ONKYO surround sound...awesome (I mean AWESOME sound) altho not 4 ur com. And Nakamichi and Kenwood are good too...

I have Harman/Kardon Soundsticks...work well enough for me...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    AFAIK they don't make PC speakers, but either some Mackies or Meyer speakers would be awesome.
    Mackies . Recording Studio's speakers are great.
    - Co sig -

I'm experienced , intelligent
    ...conceited? :O
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

My friend used a pair of his father's speakers that his father had never EVER used in thirty years previous. They were top of the line when purchased and looked fantastic. I forget the name of them, but I remember when we were kids we hooked it up to his computer and were able to hear perfectly out of the 2 three foot by two and a half foot with another three and a half feet of depth wooden boxes (speakers). These speakers were incredible with design, sound and acoustics. By the way, they weren't even 'just a box', they were mounted on a stand that was all one piece fully connected on a swivel to the box. These speakers, at the time, were meant to be used with record players, so it had on the connecting wire a headphone connection, a basic audio connection as seen today, and also a common thick headed microphone connection (I think it is 6mm). I cannot remember if his father made his own custom tertiary connection on the wires or if it was made that way, but after we had connected it fully and had it working they sounded fantastic with their built in subwoofer, and a plethora of 'tweeters'. From what I understand, (*currently laughing*), I guess the reason why my friend only used them for a month is because he used to listen to his music whilst in the shower. Now, keep in mind of course that he had the speakers in his basement and he was taking his showers on the second floor (WITH WATER RUNNING OF COURSE). I remember, that after when checked, the settings for the speakers were all the way except for the volume which was at only about seventy-five percent. I guess the speakers could have still been used, but when he tried them thereafter they sounded like complete bollocks. After he asked me to help him look them over, I remember that the one that I was examining, a piece of the outer rim of the speaker itself had just blasted out like someone just put a gun to someones head and pulled the trigger.

The funny part of it all is that these speakers were so powerful, that if you were in the vicinity, you would actually feel a strong breeze like someone turned a fan on.

Thread Information