Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Next Enzo

i saw that in road and track its awsome

no supercar is pointless

^^ Some are

XJ220 springs to mind straight away.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Supercars are pretty much only showcases of the companies technological abilities just too boost the sales on the company's slower and cheaper cars that are made in much higher volumes.

If a supercar does not succed in that it's pretty pointless in the eyes of the manufacturer. What makes a supercar pointless in the eyes of a fan is individual.

^^ True, but supercars are rarely halo models - Ferrari don't sell cheap cars: Koenigsegg; Pagani; Porsche; Lamborghini & Aston Martin are others. Although you could argue the Audi angle with Lambo, and Ford with Aston, but I don't think it'd be too strong a case.

They're cars like any other, and the companies run their business like any other - the only differences are that Ferrari sell their cars to eight years olds who buy them when they're rich - Honda sell their cars to people who're already 35! Also, Ferrari make nearly £100,000 PROFIT on an F430, Honda might make £5k on a Civic that they make 20x more of, so they can still make money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    ^^ True, but supercars are rarely halo models - Ferrari don't sell cheap cars.
    Cheaper than the Enzo which is their latest supercar and made in much higher volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermish
    Cheaper than the Enzo which is their latest supercar and made in much higher volumes.
    Arguably Ferrari's "halo" car is their F1 car, seeing as how they currently insist on putting as much useless stuff from their F1 cars into their road cars.

The next "enzo" will probably have a "drink" button on the steering wheel, and a "prima donna" mode where you "crash" (i.e., just come to a stop) at a busy junction blocking the traffic just that you can show off to more people that you have a Ferrari.

They'll probably also offer the cost option of having a second car delivered with a Brazillian driver who will follow you around when you're driving your new Ferrari supercar, but they'll be driving much slower than you and making silly mistakes to make you look a lot better than you really are.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    this thread is full of noobs
    Best comment yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Arguably Ferrari's "halo" car is their F1 car, seeing as how they currently insist on putting as much useless stuff from their F1 cars into their road cars.

The next "enzo" will probably have a "drink" button on the steering wheel, and a "prima donna" mode where you "crash" (i.e., just come to a stop) at a busy junction blocking the traffic just that you can show off to more people that you have a Ferrari.

They'll probably also offer the cost option of having a second car delivered with a Brazillian driver who will follow you around when you're driving your new Ferrari supercar, but they'll be driving much slower than you and making silly mistakes to make you look a lot better than you really are.

Haha, don't forgett the 1 milion dollar option of a huge sticker on the side saying "This is a Ferrari and I'm rich!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Useless stuff ? You probably have extensive driving experience with every Ferrari to be able to say with that authority that the technology Ferrari uses in its cars is useless . What is useless about Carbon brakes ? F1 gearbox ? E diff ? etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by amenasce
    Carbon brakes ?
    They lack feel and cost £20,000 to replace. Also, you'll rarely notice the difference on the road. Unless you like your passengers to taste the leather on your dashboard rather than just look at it.

F1 gearbox?
    They're crap at low revs. I've seen learners make smoother shifts.

E diff?
    Again, pretty much superfluous and BMW have been using a computer controlled hydro-electrically actuated diff in their 'M' cars for years. It's hardly F1 technology.

Useless stuff ? You probably have extensive driving experience with every Ferrari to be able to say with that authority that the technology Ferrari uses in its cars is useless . What is useless about Carbon brakes ? F1 gearbox ? E diff ? etc ?
    And you have extensive driving experience with every Ferrari to be able to say with that authority that the technology Ferrari uses in its cars isn't useless?

I'm fairly certain that in 50 years time people will scratching their heads trying to work out how the frig the damn electronics on their poxy Enzo work, whilst people tootle about happily still in their 100 year old 250 GTOs.
    Thanks for all the fish

The Enzo is not meant to be a sensible road car...

Not even a car that works decently on roads..

It's a technological showcase to show the world they are still top in the car making terms. Plus this car is made to be driven around a track.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    They lack feel and cost £20,000 to replace. Also, you'll rarely notice the difference on the road. Unless you like your passengers to taste the leather on your dashboard rather than just look at it.
    i was told composite brakes (carbon and steel) are better than outright carbon brakes for road use?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

What, you mean carbon pads and steel discs? I should think they are but the F430 brakes are carbon discs.

Thread Information