Thread: 71 442

71 442

i found a 71 olds 442, with numbers matching. good solid frame, no rust, interiors descent. one quarter is shot, and the other isnt much better. the hood, and fenders are good. is $2000 to much to pay??

need...egg...nog...

...seriously a 442 of any type for only 2000 and asking if it is "too much" like a naive and oblivious used car buyer shows that you don't know much about the car. and people that don't know much about the car dont find cheap 442s like that
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    need...egg...nog...

...seriously a 442 of any type for only 2000 and asking if it is "too much" like a naive and oblivious used car buyer shows that you don't know much about the car. and people that don't know much about the car dont find cheap 442s like that
    he wants to buy the car, he does not own it (so no eggnog required )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 84transamboy
    i found a 71 olds 442, with numbers matching. good solid frame, no rust, interiors descent. one quarter is shot, and the other isnt much better. the hood, and fenders are good. is $2000 to much to pay??
    Have a look around some scrapyards and see if you can get new parts cheap. Also, have a look on eBay/Auto Trader and see if they have Oldsmobiles there for however much.

If you buy it... that's one awesome motor. The 4-4-2 was top-drawer, a police engine.

BUT- if you buy it, you'll need to change your name to '71-442boy'...

^^ 4-4-2 actually stands for 4 barrel carburetor, 4-speed, and dual exhausts.

But- def better to be a "442boy" than 84transmboy..
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    ^^ 4-4-2 actually stands for 4 barrel carburetor, 4-speed, and dual exhausts.

But- def better to be a "442boy" than 84transmboy..
    I didn't try and say what it stood for...

But I know that the blueprints were known and the "Police Interceptor", or words to that effect.

Agreed on name

thats cool cuz im 17 and i have a 72 cutlass supreme and an 84 trans am, that i paid for myself, so i think im doin okay.

You aren't doing so bad at all... I say go for it

Thread Information