Thread: '02 4runner ipod integration

'02 4runner ipod integration

does anybody know how i could integrate my ipod into a factory toyota 4runner stereo? the front doesnt have a button for aux and i havent taken the stereo out but im guessing that there isnt an aux port. ive tried itrip and the cassette...and well itrip was just crappy reception and the casette was just inconvenient. ive been trying to find ones that let you control the ipod using the ipod instead of the stereo, i dont use playlists very often. the best solution i have seen so far is a USA Spec PA11-TOY, http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/PA11TOY.html, but i was wondering if anybody else had done it before or had any better ideas. help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Just buy a headdeck that has a special iPod connector or has a 3.5mm jack input. The second option is better, because then you can sell your iPod and get something better
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

You could find a stereo that has an iPod plugin...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    You could find a stereo that has an iPod plugin...
    i would do that but with the way the factory 4runner stereo is set up, the faceplate would just look tacky because of all the extra space

Hmmm... look out for a bespoke manufacturer who may be able to make you a surround. Then you can get something with a 3.5mm jack.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Hmmm... look out for a bespoke manufacturer who may be able to make you a surround. Then you can get something with a 3.5mm jack.
    thanks, ive been trying to look into that...but ive discovered that absolutely nothing is kind to my wallet haha.

If you're handy with plastic, you could make your own template. Should take about 4 days, if you know what to do....

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    If you're handy with plastic, you could make your own template. Should take about 4 days, if you know what to do....
    that might not be too bad, i started looking up tips nad stuff and i think it might be do-able, i might start this weekend, thanks!

Here to help

I'm remodelling a guitar, same concept...

Use thermoplastics, they can be moulded easily.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891
    i would do that but with the way the factory 4runner stereo is set up, the faceplate would just look tacky because of all the extra space
    Then get a Double DIN headdeck
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information