Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WRX STi. What of it?

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    that would be sweet if they were but i don't think they are coming to canada
    this is what i was told, by a canadian, no less
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiptomylue
    nah we are getting them this year.. july i think to be honest... they had to redesign the front bumper abit, but we are getting them i was going to wait and buy one of those for my car, but, decided against it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No a weak engine part in the Evos By R32s you mean skylines right?
    yeah a BNR32 skyline theres an auction house which apprently can bring them to canada i didnt pay much attention because that information is irellivent to me

Thats why skylines wenrt alloud in america because of the 5mph bumper law and I know that is a fact (it its extremly obvious their lieing if an american claims to own a skyline and can usually get stumped if you ask what colour the spark plug leads are)

Im still not too shure what that engine part could be? what you mean like an engine mount breaking or what?
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    No its something in the engine that can't withstand it i think...
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i thought evo's weren't allowed in Canada because the front bumper couldn't withstand a 5mph impact
    Are you serious?

I thought that was the law in America?

In the 80's it was fifteen mph. That's why our Mercs wound up with those glorious slabs of chrome bolted to the front and rear with what looked like motorcycle shocks behind them. You could hit a shopping cart at twenty, or even better, get behind one and accellerate it up to fifty or so and send it into a curb. It'll go maybe thirty feet straight up. I'd say that 5mph would be about right for what most modern bumpers could take, but I was very suprised this last weekend to learn that a new Dodge truck can hit a fully grown cow at around fifteen mph and sustain no damage save for a cracked headlight cover... bachelor's party in a sort of new-age hillbilly paradise... don't know if the cow's ok... don't ask.

I got the job, for whoever is interested to know. Mr. Kipling, what do you do in Journalism? I've heard from everybody who seems to know what they're talking about that it's an uphill journey, but I've not heard much about motoring jounailism. Anyway
    I'm thrilled to be covering school board meetings and what-not. (I'm a shoe-in for the coveted firetruck-chasing beat.)
    Last edited by LandQuail; 06-20-2006 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Thats why skylines wenrt alloud in america because of the 5mph bumper law and I know that is a fact (it its extremly obvious their lieing if an american claims to own a skyline and can usually get stumped if you ask what colour the spark plug leads are)
    There's alledgedly a guy in Benton, Arkansas who has a Skyline GT-R with Dragon Ball Z characters airbrushed all over it...
    Anyway, there are several importers who can get you a Skyline in the states through the "grey market."

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    There's alledgedly a guy in Benton, Arkansas who has a Skyline GT-R with Dragon Ball Z characters airbrushed all over it...
    Anyway, there are several importers who can get you a Skyline in the states through the "grey market."
    RHD or LHD? That can be a problem when the Scion in front of you is going 40mph and you can't see past to overtake

The FQ400 is amazing...

But I'd take the STi just because the Evo is the ugliest thing I have ever seen...

EVO !!! When it comes to 4 wheel burning, that inline 4 banger can really tear it up. Although the body design looks more like a kmart shopper, the evo has a dominant edge over the scoobys!!

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Ive actually seen that car (well pics) i feel sorry for it the poor thing should be taken to the paddock and shot.
    Takademics (mischief series) are on of them and have a rwd GTS-T but what i was mainly refering too is alot of people under the age of 25 claim over the internet to have them and an even larger number of them are under 20 now if anything car related smells more like bullshit then a under 20 american saying they own a skyline i dont what it is
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Actually, there's quite a few Skylines in America. 1 happens to sport the AutomotiveForums.com website as a race car.

I recall recently, that all importations of the R34 and R32 were now classified as illegal given that the owner of MotoRex was arrested for giving the government claims that the R34 and R32 had the same crash test ratings as a R33 (which is the one he submitted). So now, only R33s may be allowed importation.

As for the topic, I'd have to take a Scubby. I'm not as fond of the Lancers anymore, not since the Evo 7's general body style came into play (even then I still liked the Scubbys; 22B ). I'm really interested in test driving a new Subaru WRX STi, after hearing one rev. And it may only be me, but I like the Alfa Romeo-influenced design on the grill compared to the Mitsubishi.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The FQ-400 is an overboosted, undrivable piece of rubbish that's better talked about than driven.

The only thing that's amazing about it the factory's dubious and optimistic powertrain warranty.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    before any UK users say it, FQ400>Sti
    The FQ400 is UK modded, not Ralliart, the STi is STi modded

Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    I would take the Subaru Spec-C if it stood between an Evo and Sti. I love that car and it also got great reviews from the magazine EVO. But, included the other cars mentioned, I would have to go with a BMW M3 CS.

The Honda S2000, although not M3/EVO territory, would be the car i would buy, simply because it has been my favourite car ever since it was launched

I prefer also the Subaru Spec-C between the two.I got great reviews about the car.I like the parts like Subaru cold air intake because of its workmanship aside from the car itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    The FQ-400 is an overboosted, undrivable piece of rubbish that's better talked about than driven.
    Friend had one for a year.
    YOU may consider it "undrivable" but I can assure you we chucked around with great ease
    The only thing that's amazing about it the factory's dubious and optimistic powertrain warranty.
    Caveat emptor
    The problem is the "idiots" who treat it like a rally car and wonder why the box/diff/shafts broke !! It's sold as a street car and there are no issues with that if driven as one
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information