Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America Going to Hell

There is a case over here in Australia of a 15 year old girl who fell in love with her 50-something teacher, left home to move in with him.

Is the issue they're relative closeness in age, the fact the teacher was a female or something else?

there is an issue of trust involved - Parents send there kids to school expecting them to learn and be looked after. they trust the teachers not to do anything untoward. These sorts of issues break that trust and it's not in any childs interest to have their teachers and parents offside. The teacher will probably never work in their chosen field again.

It's just my personal feeling on the issue, but whats wrong with waiting a few months until he's out of school?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    There is a case over here in Australia of a 15 year old girl who fell in love with her 50-something teacher, left home to move in with him.

Is the issue they're relative closeness in age, the fact the teacher was a female or something else?

there is an issue of trust involved - Parents send there kids to school expecting them to learn and be looked after. they trust the teachers not to do anything untoward. These sorts of issues break that trust and it's not in any childs interest to have their teachers and parents offside. The teacher will probably never work in their chosen field again.

It's just my personal feeling on the issue, but whats wrong with waiting a few months until he's out of school?
    /endthread.

Nevermind, don't end it. IIRC, my business law teacher told me that there's a certain clause in the teacher's contract or government or something that disallows them from having sexual relations with students, even if they're over the legal age of consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    not only that, but you beat USC
    oh boo hoo

i loved Matt Whinehart's speech afterwards

"yeah it was a great win for us tonight, and uh...in the end you know we just got it done"

WTF?!?!?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Whether it was a good decision on their part isn't the issue though, nor whether the law was broken. THe important thing is that the government should not be allowed to regulate the personal lives of legal adults. Even drug laws make more sense than this because people do stupid things when they're high, and can injure others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Nevermind, don't end it. IIRC, my business law teacher told me that there's a certain clause in the teacher's contract or government or something that disallows them from having sexual relations with students, even if they're over the legal age of consent.
    yeah because it would lead to an unfair advantage, you think if a guy banged his teacher that he would get a better grade than someone who didnt? damn right

Whether it was a good decision on their part isn't the issue though, nor whether the law was broken. THe important thing is that the government should not be allowed to regulate the personal lives of legal adults. Even drug laws make more sense than this because people do stupid things when they're high, and can injure others.
    i would explain how possible injury could become of sex, but i might get banned again

But even certain inter-coworker relationships are regulated when they can affect something important. For example Cheerleaders and Football players in the NFL sign contracts forbidding relationships.

It's a rule, you're stupid if you break it. it's been in force forever and it prevents teachers hitting on students in class and vice-versa.

Love is one of the most powerful drugs in natures arsenal. it can make people do the stupidest things. like fall for a teacher, for example

It's not the government regulating the relationship, because the laws were in force well before these two hooked up, It's the trust issue, IMHO.

That's the point, he was eighteen, an adult. Whether or not eighteen is actually old enough to make decisions is irrelevant, the parents have nothing to do with it. It is a domestic issue, not a legal one. If the parents disaproved they could kick him out of the house. They have no trust with the teacher, because their relation to the student is legally no longer that of parent and child.

That's the point, he was eighteen, an adult. Whether or not eighteen is actually old enough to make decisions is irrelevant, the parents have nothing to do with it. It is a domestic issue, not a legal one. If the parents disaproved they could kick him out of the house. They have no trust with the teacher, because their relation to the student is legally no longer that of parent and child.
    What the hell do you mean?

The parents have EVERYTHING to do with it - they send their son there, they support him, they have a say in his life.

The rules are clear cut - no sexual relationships between teachers and pupils. While that student is a member of the student body, no relationship can occur

If i was his parents he wouldn't be in my house for very long, but the point remains- while his parents pay for his education there, he has a responsibility to them, and the teacher to her students.

can you imagine how this has screwed up his studies? he'll probably fail every major assessment he has now because his partner is in prison! but of course they didn't think of that. See what I mean about Love being one of the most powerful drugs in Nature?

But it IS a legal issue if the contract prohibits teacher-student relations. Chances are, it did..

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    yeah because it would lead to an unfair advantage, you think if a guy banged his teacher that he would get a better grade than someone who didnt? damn right
    No, because examiners don't get sent little notes from the teachers saying, "This guy is hung like a horse and gives great oral. Give him a higher grade."

Teachers have certain favourites before they start shagging certain pupils' brains out, it has no bearing on grades whatsoever.

What the hell do you mean?
    What I mean is that the parents have no legal say in the life of another adult, even if he is their son. If he still lives with them, they can of course kick him out. If they pay for his schooling they can stop that payment. But the trust is not between the parents and the teacher, because when the child becomes an adult that becomes a trust between the parents and the student.

See, your still not making sense.

I understand your comment about the child being an adult and thus being responsible for his own actions, but I highly doubt there are many 18 year olds still in high school who look after themselves entirely by choice.

Teachers have an obligation to the students, the parents of those students, the school and the relevant assessing authorities to get everything right. by screwing a particular student there could be huge elements of Bias involved in marking and grading papers, for instance, which could put that whole schools grading curve out of whack and end up screwing up the future's of many kids unnecessarily.

It's just Not right, IMHO.

Haha this is interesting, Just last week our gym coach was caught giving it to a 19yo former student in the office of the boys locker room. Guess what happened? Jack shit.

He is officially my hero though.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information